Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

For Lua expert or programers

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
For Lua expert or programers

Hello ، First of all DON'T tell me to use HELP THREAD because my last question i had write there no one answer it !! so :

I have make a function which check the player position ( if the player in the position that i wanna or not !!)

now i wanna function that do Automatic check for the position function !!

example while i == 1 do

..but { while } make laqe !! and crash my captain !!

Hmmmm same like { Auto Notice } but not for a notice for a function and always not in Specific time !

Old   #2

elite*gold: 1
Not going to tell you to use the help thread...not going to answer questions outside the help thread either.

You made a choice and I am making a choice.

Old   #3

Thndr U a HARD man look let's make a deal if u answer what i wanna im gonna always use help thread !! i proms (:
Old   #4

elite*gold: 30
my answer:

LUA integrated into GS just as one LUA state and there is no way to realize threading in it using standard lua functionality.
even coroutine freezes GS because it starts thread in main state and dont allow anything else to work until it ends

the only way to realize threading there is to link dynamic libraries that contains threading functionality into your script.

i won't answer how to do that because didnt realized it by myself yet, just working on that right now. if i'll get some info, i'll post it on epvp

P.S. agree with one thing that help thread ruins normal communication in this community. not gonna tell more about that because have no time.

just ruins

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #5

Agree'd I posted a good question there and nothing.
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongreldogg View Post
my answer:

LUA integrated into GS just as one LUA state and there is no way to realize threading in it using standard lua functionality.
even coroutine freezes GS because it starts thread in main state and dont allow anything else to work until it ends

the only way to realize threading there is to link dynamic libraries that contains threading functionality into your script.

i won't answer how to do that because didnt realized it by myself yet, just working on that right now. if i'll get some info, i'll post it on epvp

P.S. agree with one thing that help thread ruins normal communication in this community. not gonna tell more about that because have no time.

just ruins

I have told that there is a program ! like auto notice program check the function that i want each second is that right ?
Old   #7

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamad512 View Post
I have told that there is a program ! like auto notice program check the function that i want each second is that right ?
release of LUA autonotice is mine and no, it dont check notice every second.
there is a function that must be integrated into functions that called very often on server (on_login, AIO NPC contact script etc)
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamad512 View Post
Hello ، First of all DON'T tell me to use HELP THREAD because my last question i had write there no one answer it !! so :

I have make a function which check the player position ( if the player in the position that i wanna or not !!)

now i wanna function that do Automatic check for the position function !!

example while i == 1 do

..but { while } make laqe !! and crash my captain !!

Hmmmm same like { Auto Notice } but not for a notice for a function and always not in Specific time !

Incase the players can get to that place via teleport only(NPC/Item) just write a script for a stun or something like that(I used "hold" in the script") then also insert into their inventory a scroll/bottle or anything they can pop with another function that remove the stun and check their position.

Example for the NPC function:

Teleport function example:

Example for the item function:

Hope I helped you
Old   #9

Hmmm the player not warp by the teleport Mr Mongrel now what im saying @