Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[PROFIT] Client strings concatenation

Old   #1

elite*gold: 30
[PROFIT] Client strings concatenation

Even if this thread name starts with [PROFIT] tag, i dont sure if i explain the most profitable way to get a result that i had by using the staff i tell about now.

If you have another better way, you are free to tell how to make better and it will be appreciative at least by me. By the way, this method seems like a lifehack

So, not just me met a problem with strings contatenation using strings codes.

For example:

This function will return a dialog text that contains only first string and nothing after it could be shown.

The way to act well with this is to make 2 strings that has special value and 2 LUA functions for strings ripping.

Let's start from strings:

We must add 2 rows into stringresource and make a stringresource RDB patch into client (IMPORTANT! Another way you will have troubles with strings showing)

So here they are:

And lua functions:

How to use:

If we need to make a string that contains more than 1 client string, we must write it as in example:

Pay attention that rip_end() function must be always concatenated to a string after it.
These functions even makes a "rip" between client string and normal string that is written in a script.
Another examples:

And now i can say something shitty but i'll explain how it works as how i understood that. Correct me if i'm wrong.

So, if we write a value that has a special format into a string:
#@[email protected]#
it makes a kind of "string function" from a simple string and #@[email protected]# becomes an "argument" for it.
And we are able to change something inside a client string by our script and even put one clent string into another.

So, how rip() function works.
It uses a string that has 2 "arguments".
First argument becomes a string that we want to put into a text. Second value becomes a value of the next rip() function and it makes a kind of cycle that must be always ended bu rip_end() function.
rip_end function ends a cycle by setting an empty value for the last "string argument" of the chain.

Tested it. Works. Feel free even with korean gameserver functionality.

Xijezu, please add it into collections.
Thanks for Thanksfarmer...
Cheers

Thanks
7 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Nice, good Work. Thank for profit.