Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

RDB structure

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
RDB structure

Hello everyone! I apologize for my importunity, but let's create a separate topic with RDB (structure) and fix it! since a lot of forum posts and so on, all of them to sort out a very long and tedious!
I apologize for my English, I translate using
Personally for me, difficult to implement a tool for C + + or C # I am more familiar with Delphi,but without knowing the structure of the file, I can not write a script to open it!

Old   #2

Received Thanks: 2,412
I wish you wouldn't act like this information is super hard to find, cause I could point out several posts. But you know what I'mma give you an in-depth play by play AGAIN :3

ALL RDB follow the following (with few exceptions)

.rdb are hex files, they store the same information as their respective database without the column names. (meaning you have to know what data is where in order to read it) for the most part these file structures follow their database schema (not always exactly the same sometimes the order is diff) with the exception of the file header.

For example, to begin reading the rdb you need to read the header first:

Header Structure:

128 Bytes = FILE_DATE
4 Bytes = ROW_COUNT

now you begin reading the file with a binary reader, using a while loop that ends at the end of the file (e.g. while(br.PeekChar() != -1) )

If you have the first rows structure defined correctly the program will loop through all remaining results as it reads to the end of the file. If you did not get the header + first row structure down properly then it will give a "cannot read beyond end of stream (end of file)" exception.

Almost all rdb work this way, good luck.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
I wish you wouldn't act like this information is super hard to find, cause I could point out several posts. But you know what I'mma give you an in-depth play by play AGAIN :3

ALL RDB follow the following (with few exceptions)

.rdb are hex files, they store the same information as their respective database without the column names. (meaning you have to know what data is where in order to read it) for the most part these file structures follow their database schema (not always exactly the same sometimes the order is diff) with the exception of the file header.

For example, to begin reading the rdb you need to read the header first:

Header Structure:

128 Bytes = FILE_DATE
4 Bytes = ROW_COUNT

now you begin reading the file with a binary reader, using a while loop that ends at the end of the file (e.g. while(br.PeekChar() != -1) )

If you have the first rows structure defined correctly the program will loop through all remaining results as it reads to the end of the file. If you did not get the header + first row structure down properly then it will give a "cannot read beyond end of stream (end of file)" exception.

Almost all rdb work this way, good luck.

Competent answer =) Thanks