Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Community-Project]The Teal Sky Project

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Community-Project]The Teal Sky Project

Introducing the Teal Sky Project aKa the TSP.

A place where community can once again rule Rappelz, no need for severely overpowered gears, items that completely break the games balance/economy or gimmicky pets/dungeons. We can take control of Rappelz and reunite all those who miss what our wonderful game used to be and could easily be again!

Common Info:
  • Aren't you iSmokeDrow?
    • Very astute of you to notice, I am in-fact iSmokeDrow on my new account as my previous account was compromised then security banned. Let me save you all some time: Yes I released ACRE and no I am not sorry about it.

• A friend of mine asked me, isn't it egotistic to name your server after yourself? Actually it's the otherway around -- I named myself after the server

• What is the TSP?
    • The Teal Sky Project has always been a dream of mine, I feel that if there truly is any saving Rappelz from the fate GALA and High-Rate/CS-Whore servers have sown for it. So I suppose for all purposes the Teal Sky Project is an effort to restore interest and communal effort in Rappelz.

• What epic is the TSP based on?
    • The TSP is based on a 6.2 Server (Released by Pyrok)
      • Why Epic 6.2?
        • Good question! Epic 6.2 I (personally) feel is the easiest epic to work on due to it's simplicity and unaltered nature. When I say unaltered I mean GALA was unaware of Private Developers during 6.2 and thusly didn't begin to change minor details that greatly inhibit the ability to do certain things in later epics. (e.g. MonsterMotionSet [required to reverse say an epic 8.1 pet into epic 7.3 server] was full strings in 6.2/7.1 but changed to all ints in epic 7.3+)

Over-all the process of creating/reversing later epic content in 6.2 is much easier, some systems can not be entirely replicated but we at the TSP feel these features were never truly that important to begin with. (WASD Movement, Titles, Arena)

• What are the common goals of the TSP?
    • Eventual complete overhaul of all PC faces
    • Eventual complete overhaul of all world (grass, rock, dirt, sand) textures
    • Eventual complete overhaul of all building textures (models eventually)
    • Eventual completely model modernization of popular armors/decos
    • Eventual complete class rebalance
      • Which will include a carefully planned PVP rebalance
    • Eventual complete pet belt stat rebalance
    • Eventual correction/expansion on storyline/quests

• Is the TSP a server?
    • Yes and no, while the TSP does feature a server it isn't to be considered a production server at this time. As it progresses it may however become one. However we are always looking for content testers so visit our facebook and you could very well end up with a testing assignment.
  • How do I get a client/keep up with whats going on/discuss/contribute to the TSP?
    • Simply visit the TSP Development Facebook linked in my signature and read the post pinned at the top.

For all the haters and you know who you are, I promise you:
  • I will not respond to anything you say
  • You will be blocked so I don't have to see your dribble
  • You will be reported for any offtopic/spam posts
  • Thanks in advance for the free bumps

Hope to see a lot of people who miss Rappelz and not this garbage the modern "rappelz" has become

Thanks
7 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealSky View Post

P.S.

Xijezu the back-link to EPVP is in the first post on the TSP Facebook
Usually a "facebook backlink" for elitepvpers is defined as a like from your facebook-page shown at the top (as example: http://i.epvpimg.com/MZ9jh.png - where the first one would be e*pvp in this case)

"Model Artists" - I didn't know a completely working model editor got released, or are you planning for the future?

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Usually a "facebook backlink" for elitepvpers is defined as a like from your facebook-page shown at the top (as example: http://i.epvpimg.com/MZ9jh.png - where the first one would be e*pvp in this case)

"Model Artists" - I didn't know a completely working model editor got released, or are you planning for the future?
Thanks for the update, I didn't know EPVP had a FB, moment for the like.

As for Model Artists, it's more precautionary than anything. With Glandu's posts Modeling seems to be much less perplexing than before. Hopefully with someone talented in modeling software, good hard studying of the materials released by glandu AND maybe some advice with glandu we will rebuild several models if not create new ones ^^

Hope I liked the right EPVP:

Old   #4

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
Looks about right.

By the way:
Sorry, I just forgot about the collective thread since I wanted to finish the reports fast, my bad.

->

#closed

Edit: Because we decided to remove the "searching"-part this will now considered as an advertising-thread, so it's fine.

#reopened

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Sounds very promising! Look forward to see a finished product how ever long it takes good luck and I hope this comes to something one day and ends the current **** we have to call "servers"!
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #6

O.o it`s been a long time since I got interested in visiting this forum again yet this is the only glimpse of hope I have for this game. I'm really looking forward what comes next, rebuilding and/or recreating a rappelz version which isn`t rotten to core.
Old   #7

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstarx View Post
umm your account wasn't comprimised

Um the ismokedrow account was compromised. I saw the post before it was removed.

Normally people do not log on and post topics regarding how much of an idiot they are. So I am pretty certain it was someone else who logged on to his account that thinks he is an idiot that did it.

To stay on topic here... The whole idea is kind of cool but there comes the most interesting thing to happen to the pet system in 8.2, the soul pet system.

Maybe this is how it should always have been, tame any mob you want to tame with certain mob difficulty restrictions.

I would like to get rid of some of the game breaking actions like overpowered dura, quests which skip 20 levels, ruining CV making it useless and skipped, but to give up on one of the best taming systems ever and go back to having only pets that work on the old game server systems is in my opinion counter productive.

Yeah maybe the Arena isn't that great and maybe the WASD and Titles can be thrown away and lived without, but the coolest thing to happen to taming, I am not so sure.

Maybe we can recreate it on the old game servers, I will enjoy helping out if we can make progress there.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

Thndr, please do not (answer/feed) the trolls. We all know I released ACRE, that's the end of that. As per your thoughts: I agree that the soul pet system is interesting. A fellow member of the TSP has spoken of an idea that may give a similar feel to the game with a different angle.

Basically you tame pet, he have no skills -- you then have to perform certain tasks/quests which allow you to unlock a number of different skills active/passive onto your pet. (via npc learn_creature_skill(skill_id) -- This method has not been tested yet) We could even feature a semi-random base stat system by altering the taming procedure to detect the id of these "soul pets" and randomly assign it a base stat type (e.g. 1 card with dd base stat setup, 1 card with tank base stat setup etc..)

If you would like to contibute we are more in need of constructive thoughts and ideas for content/features. Thanks for your thoughts and feel free to contact me anytime you have something to say regarding the TSP thndr.
Old   #9

Is this for testers/modders/devs/staff etc atm or can anyone join now?
btw looks amazing!
Old   #10

Thanks for your interest avidump, we still have a few testing slots open and would love to speak to you more about this. Just contact me on skype @ Chrisdafuzz and thanks again!
Old   #11

Oh Chris im always gonna be a fan of your work , great job , i`m looking forward to play on your server again.

Alister
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

When start officially this server?
Old   #13

You can follow our current progress at
Old   #14

Received Thanks: 2,411
Update:

EPVP Administration has helped me reclaim my account, thanks to them. all updates regarding the TSP will come from this account unless xijezu wants to just create a new thread in this one's place.
Old   #15

just wanna wish you the best of luck with your project

will be monitoring this.

Thanks
1 User