Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Convert 8.1 String

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Convert 8.1 String

Just so you guys know, if you don't read Arabic, here's how you change the StringResource in the 8.1 Server files to English:

First off... Follow the instructions on restoring the 8.1 Arcadia database to your MSSQL... Now download the 7.4 or any other English based server files. Restore them into a database named "Arcadia2" then run this SQL query:

This query will basically, take all of the data from the values of Arcadia2 (the English version), and replace all of the data in the values of Arcadia with them. Thus converting the language... this can be used vice versa as well.

Had to post this since I can't read Arabic and I'm playing with the 8.1 server files like.... wth.... this is so not made for English! lol

Cheers

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #2

Well, this will work, however, you'd still be missing any strings new to the 8.1 sr that are not in the 7.4. You'd be better off importing the string resource from the rdb in the US client. You can use this:

Warning: You can import the db_string.rdb (or db_string(ascii).rdb) but you cannot export it. This tool will not work for exporting the string resource for the 8.1 client.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

I was aware of that, but after skimming through the StringResource after conversion I saw no Arabic lines.... Not sure if they even added anything. But thanks for the info.
Old   #4

Arrow

db_string.rdb ($ sdXwe'vmvdeHga) Clent from SQL to insert records into the database manager Do you have another program if you could give some link?

Old   #5

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenOnlyWishes View Post
I was aware of that, but after skimming through the StringResource after conversion I saw no Arabic lines.... Not sure if they even added anything. But thanks for the info.
1. I wouldn't use the 7.4 StringResource for the 8.1 files at all. Why? Check the tooltip strings. There are a lot of functions in it since 8.1! If you are working with only one StringResource for Client + GS you should use the 8.1 StringResource!
2. New in 8.1 StringResource: Arena, 5 Pets, Decompose Strings...
3. Be carefull with Raskims Database Manager as far as I know it will bug the created StringResource but not sure if he fixed it in the newest released Version.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #6

Quote:
First off... Follow the instructions on restoring the 8.1 Arcadia database to your MSSQL...
Can you give me a link for the I have used Epvp search and Google and still cant find it.