Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Collection] Server Security

Old   #16

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,181
I could stick this as well, but I've added it into the collection, it should be fine.
I don't wanna have 1000 stickys again, :/

Thanks
1 User
Old   #17

elite*gold: 0
@Xijezu With respect to the IIS 7 that it is not helpful to PHP to connect to MSSQL if there is a solution.

Also I would like to add something simple for protection, which determine the course of the program, which uses port through the firewall does not leave it to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
6. Disallow the get_env and set_env functions for every gm. You are able to get all .opt values like the database pw hash via get_env.
It is well known that the versions of rappelz there is authorized by a major = 100, or you can say that it gives you full powers and therefore secondary, which could determine the commands, and will face some problems in that because it is changing from version 7.4 to time such as the issuance of the 80, 70 and 60, but in the version 8.1, I don't know about.

Old   #18

Quote:

6. Disallow the get_env and set_env functions for every gm. You are able to get all .opt values like the database pw hash via get_env.
thank you very much c1ph3r but about this

as far as i know that in epic 8.1 there is a permission bug that doesn't allow except the permission 100 so how can we Disallow it ?
Old   #19

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprfds View Post
thank you very much c1ph3r but about this

as far as i know that in epic 8.1 there is a permission bug that doesn't allow except the permission 100 so how can we Disallow it ?
Did anyone realised the AllowCommandsForPermission Table? Did anyone tried to use this table? C'mon guys...this is written down in about 100 Threads!

Old   #20

Quote:
Did anyone realised the AllowCommandsForPermission Table? Did anyone tried to use this table? C'mon guys...this is written down in about 100 Threads!

did you try to use it?

well it doesn't work in epic 8

i have filled this table with the permissions in my 7.4 telecaster and none of the written permissions work

notice , insert_item , announce ............. etc

and here is a part of my allowed commands for permission

Old   #21

Received Thanks: 1,154
Yes i tried it and YES it is working otherwise my mods would be unable to warp around
Old   #22

elite*gold: 1
@pprfds

You set all permissions at 1
Old   #23

Received Thanks: 3,181
Bleibt bitte beim Thema. ;o
#cleared
Old   #24

gl to servers on XAMPP
Old   #25

If people read properly first page of xampp website they could find :

"The philosophy behind XAMPP is to build an easy to install distribution for developers to get into the world of Apache. To make it convenient for developers XAMPP is configured with all features turned on.

The default configuration is not good from a security point of view and it's not secure enough for a production environment - please don't use XAMPP in such environment."

So if they choose to publish it in the state it's at their own risk !

Otherwise, nice tuts ^^
Old   #26

better to use combination of:
Apache 2.2.x
PHP 5.2.10 (supports MSSQL drivers as good as most of new website engines)
MySQL 5.x (if needed)
There are so much step-by-step tuts how to install this all. But if someone found IIS better then naked Apache, it maybe good. but tbh never used IIS as well, because had some problems with config. And installing just apache+php+mysql+perl manually was easier to me.
Old   #27

Received Thanks: 2,412
My vote will go to IIS every time and Mongrel next time try installing via Web-Platform installer it makes installing IIS + extra modules + PHP + PHP Driver 3.0+ (MSSQL_ API Replacement to SQLSRV_ API) a breeze mate.

Thanks
1 User