Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Quest Questions] Serious Developers ONLY!

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,411
[Quest Questions] Serious Developers ONLY!

Myself and a buddy are examining how quests are formed, we have been successful in tracing the questing steps and different parts -- As we came to how the quest menu (e.g. Asura's First Hunt) is displayed we realized we can not determine the location where the actual menu item gets called (As it does not get called from the NPC_Tutorial_Guide_Asura_Contact() )

We also were unable to locate where the quest is handed off to the next quest (E.G. Go to Elementary Tutor) [Note: We found the dlg text for Elementary Tutor but as with Asura's First Hunt we can not find the actual call for the menu) as this was also not listed in the function (NPC_Tutorial_Guide_Asura_Contact() ) I have personally searched through all the lua's for specific info regarding the quest using Windows GREP and found little more)

Any serious replies would be greatly appreciated,
iSmokeDrow

Example:

Old   #2

Received Thanks: 1,154
Most of the quests aren't started via .lua. QuestlinkResource is linking the quests directly with the NPC.

QuestLinkResource:
NPC_ID: NPC of the NPC with the quest
QUEST_ID: Quest ID
FLAG_START: Set this to 1 if you want to see the "Open-Quest-Sign" over the head of the NPC
FLAG_PROGRESS: Same as start only with the "Progress-Sign"
FLAG_END: Same as start and progress only with "End-Sign"
TEXT_START: ID of Startdialogue in StringResource
TEXT_PROGRESS: This dialogue will show up during the quest.
TEXT_END: This is the dialogue which will show up if you successfully ended the quest.

QuestOrder is managed by the 3 "forequest" fields in the QuestResource-Table.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
Myself and a buddy
<- I'm that buddy

This is the part that confuses me (us),
Drow stripped out all the guts of the NPC_Tutorial_Guide_Asura_Contact() function and replaced all the text with "This is a test" and refreshed the server.

When talking to the NPC, the dialogue and menu options properly display as "This is a test", except the quest menu item is still there in the menu options without being added in through the NPC_Tutorial_Guide_Asura_Contact() function, so it's being added in elsewhere, we don't know where.

Furthermore,
After accepting the quest, the dialogue which the npc gives is standard, not replaced with "This is a test", which means it is being generated outside of the NPC_Tutorial_Guide_Asura_Contact() function.

In order to find where that dialogue is generated from we searched the lua files for the code from the StringResource db, and the only hit that turned up was the part which was replaced with "This is a test"
So that dialogue and menu (after accepting the quest) is also being generated outside of that function.

_________

edit: thanks c1ph3r, you answered while i was trying to give more details

edit2: Drow says thanks also, we (read: he) successfully removed the quest from the menu option with your help!
Old   #4

Received Thanks: 2,411
Thanks again C1ph3r we now have a complete picture of the questing structure which will allow us a great degree of control over the course of our up-coming project.