Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Supporting MySQL

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Supporting MySQL

We all know MSSQL is ****. So what technical complications are there to make the server files read from a MySQL/SQLite database rather than a MSSQL server.
Wouldn't this increase compability with more OS'?

EDIT:
Changing the database structure from MSSQL to MySQL would also mean a lot more flexibility when making websites for the servers since it doesn't require as much knowledge as the ****** MSSQL structure.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
MySQL suckz even more. Especially with Rappelz-Files. Guess you have to repair the tables every 5 minutes on MySQL.

Also: We/You don't have the Source of the Herlock & Auth, so this isn't possible.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Also: We/You don't have the Source of the Herlock & Auth, so this isn't possible.
Figured as much.
Also, when stating that MySQL sucks, do you realize that it's used more widely than MSSQL?
Old   #4

Sure I know it, since it's supported on every OS & its free.

But do you know the difference between MSSQL & MySQL?
Performance & Stability.

With huge data MySQL is useless in my opinion. DF had a forum which was running on MySQL (oh, really? ), I had to repair the tables daily.
And this is just 1 example of thousands I had with MySQL.

Old   #5

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by korrex View Post
Figured as much.
Also, when stating that MySQL sucks, do you realize that it's used more widely than MSSQL?
MySQL is popular because it's for free and plattform independend (Okay Oracle too but it's veeeery expensive )

What do you think why Oracle do have 2 Systems? MySQL and Oracle?

MySQL = little Projects with little Data and no need of 99%+++ failure safety

MSSQL or Oracle (The "Premium" DB-System of Oracle) = big Projects with high Data Volume and failure safety. Better support and so on...

During one MSSQL or Oracle DB Crash a MySQL DB will crash at least 5 Times (with the commercial Versions of MySQL )
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
MySQL is popular because it's for free and plattform independend (Okay Oracle too but it's veeeery expensive )

What do you think why Oracle do have 2 Systems? MySQL and Oracle?

MySQL = little Projects with little Data and no need of 99%+++ failure safety

MSSQL or Oracle (The "Premium" DB-System of Oracle) = big Projects with high Data Volume and failure safety. Better support and so on...

During one MSSQL or Oracle DB Crash a MySQL DB will crash at least 5 Times (with the commercial Versions of MySQL )
I've ran Open-Tibia(google it) servers using mysql whereas queries peaked as high as 12k per hour, (around 300 players) flawlessly. Also, saying that tibia graphics suck isn't a valid argument since it doesn't matter when it comes to queries.
Old   #7

Not sure if you can remember my server "DarknessFight", it was the famoust rappelz pserver and we had about 600-800 players per day.

Guess how many queries we had in a hour? Between 500k-1mio, not sure about that anymore.
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrex View Post
I've ran Open-Tibia(google it) servers using mysql whereas queries peaked as high as 12k per hour, (around 300 players) flawlessly. Also, saying that tibia graphics suck isn't a valid argument since it doesn't matter when it comes to queries.

12k this is NOTHING! Looks like a little dataamount on yout server The 7.4 GS executes 500k-1Mio Queries in an hour (600 players)
And 50-80 Players up to 200 Queries^^

Boah Xijezu jedes mal postest du paar Mins vor mir
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
Boah Xijezu jedes mal postest du paar Mins vor mir
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Waaah I hate you Shitjezu go to hell and sell your fcking DorknessShite RE to some Noobs :P
Thanks
1 User
Old   #11

if you want to use MySQL use it for Auth database only otherwise it won't handle it... I tried alot to make it work

Thanks
1 User