Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Discussion] Problem with Monsters Dropping Items and Quests not showing up

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Discussion] Problem with Monsters Dropping Items and Quests not showing up

Hello.

I am not sure if I am the only one with this problem but my searching has told me that I am not the only one.

There appears to be a problem with monsters dropping items (except rupees) and quests not showing on any NPC.

I am not going to ask for a solution to this but rather ask the epvper community how these two systems might be working.

From my research the MonsterDropTableResource (which is not present in 6.2 databases) is separated from the MonsterResource database. A feature that the developers did to combat the leaking of the private server (at least you won't get a updated server this way).

The QuestResource looks fine but the game server continues throwing errors about not finding the quest. I didn't look too much into this.

From what I can tell with the MonsterResource database. I imported my own version of MonsterDropTableResource (with 0 on ids since its not grouped). Doesn't seem to work which tells me id and set_id is probably for some special grouping.

I am going to continue to explore what the column id really does. It is either the ID link on MonsterResource, a id link on the monster itself, or some other arbitrary ID.

If you have any insight please contribute!

Old   #2

Hello, for the drop :

Into [Arcadia].[dbo].[MonsterResource] the game select [item_drop_table_id].

With this the game going into [Arcadia].[dbo].[MonsterDropTableResource] and select the informations with [id] = [item_drop_table_id]

And for each [drop_item_id_0...9] he going select the informations into [Arcadia]. [dbo.][DropGroupResource] with [id] = [drop_item_id_0...9] and with the [drop_item_id_0...9] of [Arcadia].[dbo].[MonsterDropTableResource] the game select the ID of items into [dbo].[ItemResource].

For the quest I have a idea but im not sure so...

Old   #3

What's your idea?
Old   #4

If the characters with.. sid : 1 have a quest '1005' (first quest for Deva) the game look the progress of quest. If the quest have (in progress) :

0 -> The quest isn't in the DB for the characters (I think)
1 -> The quest is not finish
2 -> The quest it's finish
3 -> The quest it's complete (after talk with the npc for the rewards)
255 -> ??????

And I know juste this because in the LUA nothing give the quest and.. I works on this bug if i find anything for help you...

I don't want develop more my idea because it's difficult for translate french -> english and i want be sure

Old   #5

I think it's hard to rebuild the request table from scratch.
If no one share them with us.
no need to bother your self.
Old   #6

For the drop it's not hard just.. long if you don't use script ^^

For the quest I need find how it's work

So for quest this is the difference number

-1 : The quest is not in database of the characters (nothing so)

0 : The quest is acceptable by the characters

1 : The quest is in progress

2 : Quest resilied ?????

255 : Quest finish
Old   #7

Nothing is impossible. Df has the monsterdropresource, and the quests working.

I am getting the feeling that the quest loader is not working. Either the table headers has changed in 7.3 or the exe that was modified has been tampered too much. Regardless the table from 6.2 is not enough.
Old   #8

quest's have been fixed, alongside with WH.. now, it's up to the dev's whether they release or give a tip on where to look at
Old   #9

Hum -1 = nothing when the [Telecaster].[dbo].[Quest] is empty about the characters...
Old   #10

So I manually put the quest into dbo.Quest and it will display but the game doesn't know what the quest is about so it looks like it just displays it only. Definitely something wrong with the loader or I probably input the values in incorrectly.
Old   #11

Or other we can't be sure.

For my part I think he load correctly the quest but the link into 'QuestResource and QuestLinkResource' doesn't work ^^
Old   #12

Pretty sure those are working. They are the exact same from 6.2. It must be because there are column headers missing. Only way to tell for that is to read the Quest rdb file from the client.

Hello QuestResource referencing scripts.

It could be that we are missing LUA scripts. If I recall quests work fine in Epic 6.2 private servers correct?