Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Develop client and the game

Discussion on Develop client and the game within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Closed Thread

Old 05/29/2012, 09:32   #31

elite*gold: 0
thanks ptifou but now i know what they used... and no longer needed an nx3 importer..i need the export plugin they used..or something similar
and is not ug like i thought for months... was under my nose...
Old 05/29/2012, 13:24   #32

So what did they use?
Old 05/29/2012, 16:04   #33

Xsi 5.1 2006 edition (thought i was clear when i said is a xsi scene earlier :P ) aka Autodesk Softimage.
The bulding design/characters/armours/pets are completly created in xsi and exported as nx3/dds
Animation, since xsi got the animation part yes is created too with xsi and exported as naf
Enviroment design they used spt (speed tree plugin ) to create it
The monsters/creatures design..part are used as pets..and ofc design is created in xsi...part is imported from somewhere else..thats why they need time to create new pet...basicaly they create the design for it.(such as armour/sets etc)

To recreate from scratch lets say an character in xsi... with an new armour ofc, new hair (hairstyle tooked a whyle to be redesigned cuz it takes time to build the geometry) probably took weeks, for a cg guy .
Thats why the scn are so important..they allready have all the dimensions, and for armours lets say..we only buld new geometry of armour no longer whole character, and the paint/mesh.
welcome to cg world :P

ps: need e2 client link ... if it has psd in there.. that are used for rotoscoping...dang
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/30/2012, 01:24   #34

I know it uses SoftImage. I was referring to what plugin for SoftImage.

I suppose you already said it was custom made but it sounded like you weren't sure so was just making sure.
Old 05/30/2012, 08:34   #35

cough * RacView.exe *
Old 05/30/2012, 11:46   #36

Look at the average shape of the dragon that is what I mean you're on the subject can be any person the amendment and the amendment to add here until we get to a new form
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/31/2012, 04:07   #37

Ok?
Old 05/31/2012, 14:06   #38

how programm you use to decrypt the nx3 files ??
Old 05/31/2012, 19:05   #39

Hey i have fond very interesting files: nx3.tml who contening some information about bones
and tobj.tml contening many informations about mesh,and texture.

With litlle search cob + scn (rappelz model files) are from Truespace a free 3d software
Old 05/31/2012, 20:07   #40

i know that cob files refer to nx3 files, so maybe a cob file describe an entity like a human character and his skeletal animation where bones meshes are in nx3 files, also in obj.tml in cob_version_12 or something like this there is information about the ***, id, animation, shadow, lighting (not sure) so it might be a format used to describe animated bodies.
cob object files has ***, id, and some other information so i think either it's a format to represent human or animals
naf files contain DIFKNIBK
nx3 files contain BTRF
cob files contain BTRF (some cob files contain DIFKNIBK)

cob BTRF files contain reference to nx3, naf and dds files and DIFKNIBK contain reference to spt files
naf seems to contain animation information as their names are like xxx_attack_xxx.naf, xxxx_cast_xxx.naf ....
nx3 files contain reference to (not always) tga/dds files, UV texture coords, particules info

i think that cob DIFKNIBK are old files as they have reference to spt files which seems to be old rappler creer files and BTRF may be an description of an object which has bones, mesh, animation info, textures

naf are skeletal animation information and nx3 would be mesh or 3d entity (might be a mesh or particules)

tml have references but not exactly what we wanted

ive thinked on truespace too monts ago..but in the end was a closed road.. a freware is a limited one...so i doubt they used it....
im sure they used entirerly xsi in production of model/animation even paint (probably for new hairdie used zbrush..just a think)
Old 06/01/2012, 05:17   #41

Just to note.

spt is SpeedTree, so those specialized cob files are probably only for SpeedTree models.

Just to note.

spt is SpeedTree, so those specialized cob files are probably only for SpeedTree models.
Old 06/01/2012, 07:58   #42

yes ive said spt are speed tree enviromental but ive tried to open them in 3dsmax 05 and 08 wth speed tree plugin ..loading... no error.. but nothing happend. probably need a clean win xp no sp or max sp1. and 3ds 05 with speed tree plugin (didnt try that yet)

but since they used xsi and not 3dsmax..maybe got a custom plugin from speed tree for that too...so...thats why i coudnt open them :P (idk..it worth a try with an old xp)
Old 06/01/2012, 12:13   #43

l need SQL Server 2012
Old 06/01/2012, 12:29   #44

There is something called google & another thing called brain.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/01/2012, 13:09   #45

l need the link / l not find the link in google
Closed Thread