Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:53

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


How to avoid DDoS Attack

Closed Thread
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 275
Received Thanks: 265
How to avoid DDoS Attack

Set your iptables to avoid DDOS attacks
Set this on your firewall/router

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP -f -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - SYN-flood"
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --syn -m iplimit --iplimit-above 9 -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - Smurf"
iptables -A INPUT -m pkttype --pkt-type broadcast -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p ICMP --icmp-type echo-request -m pkttype --pkttype broadcast -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p ICMP --icmp-type echo-request -m limit --limit 3/s -j ACCEPT
echo "Block DDOS - UDP-flood (Pepsi)"
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP --dport 7 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP --dport 19 -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - SMBnuke"
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP --dport 135:139 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --dport 135:139 -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - Connection-flood"
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --syn -m iplimit --iplimit-above 3 -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - Fraggle"
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP -m pkttype --pkt-type broadcast -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP -m limit --limit 3/s -j ACCEPT
echo "Block DDOS - Jolt"
iptables -A INPUT -p ICMP -f -j DROP
if someone PRO he think he could make better please correct me and dont blame...



→Striker← is offline  
Old 04/01/2012, 22:06   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 175
Received Thanks: 33
This can put just in system Linux. I gues?


Modamer9 is offline  
Old 04/01/2012, 22:07   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 275
Received Thanks: 265
Yes because I'm using a linux host for Rappelz server ._.
→Striker← is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/01/2012, 22:15   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 4
yep, linux is the system that uses iptables,
you cannot put this in any other type of router though,
most don't use iptables,

but as stated you can put these on a linux server and use it as a firewall.

most online hosts aren't going to give you access to their routers anyway.

and this won't work on a cisco(industry standard) router.


Judge12 is offline  
Old 04/01/2012, 22:36   #5
You're the one who died



 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,040
Received Thanks: 3,364
Sweet - Now try to get it working for Windows, or get Microsoft things (like in C++ coded Herlock/Princess) working on a Linux-Root.
Xijezu is offline  
Old 04/01/2012, 22:57   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 4
ok gimme a minute, there is a setup in windows that allows server 2k3, 2k8 to be router, firewall as well. i'll see what i can do. or, you could run it(the server) inside a vm on a linux box.
Judge12 is offline  
Old 04/01/2012, 22:59   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,139
Received Thanks: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by →Striker← View Post
Set your iptables to avoid DDOS attacks
Set this on your firewall/router

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP -f -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - SYN-flood"
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --syn -m iplimit --iplimit-above 9 -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - Smurf"
iptables -A INPUT -m pkttype --pkt-type broadcast -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p ICMP --icmp-type echo-request -m pkttype --pkttype broadcast -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p ICMP --icmp-type echo-request -m limit --limit 3/s -j ACCEPT
echo "Block DDOS - UDP-flood (Pepsi)"
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP --dport 7 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP --dport 19 -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - SMBnuke"
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP --dport 135:139 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --dport 135:139 -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - Connection-flood"
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --syn -m iplimit --iplimit-above 3 -j DROP
echo "Block DDOS - Fraggle"
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP -m pkttype --pkt-type broadcast -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p UDP -m limit --limit 3/s -j ACCEPT
echo "Block DDOS - Jolt"
iptables -A INPUT -p ICMP -f -j DROP
if someone PRO he think he could make better please correct me and dont blame...

easiest way to fix it, share the working epic 7.3 files.
gavsta is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/01/2012, 23:04   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 232
Received Thanks: 70
i cant stop laughting @Striker hes a pro gyeeee
his gonna emulate all in linux
and after 1 week found an iptable on google...oh yeah...that one will stop the ddos ( mua muahahah)

katalin21k is offline  
Old 04/01/2012, 23:41   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 297
Received Thanks: 453
You do realize that these attacks have pretty much killed any chance this community had of getting fully working files right? As far as I know the source had planned on giving permission to release the files after their server was up and running. There were also plans to release a real 6.2 server for those stuck on 32bit. Well, neither of those are going to happen now. If I were Xijezu I'd say screw it and create a small private server for trusted friends just like I did a long time ago.

Pretty sad when others have to try to force people to release their hard work just because they don't have the skills to create things themselves.
Pyrok is offline  
Thanks
6 Users
Old 04/02/2012, 03:18   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 275
Received Thanks: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin21k View Post
i cant stop laughting @Striker hes a pro gyeeee
his gonna emulate all in linux
and after 1 week found an iptable on google...oh yeah...that one will stop the ddos ( mua muahahah)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrok View Post
You do realize that these attacks have pretty much killed any chance this community had of getting fully working files right? As far as I know the source had planned on giving permission to release the files after their server was up and running. There were also plans to release a real 6.2 server for those stuck on 32bit. Well, neither of those are going to happen now. If I were Xijezu I'd say screw it and create a small private server for trusted friends just like I did a long time ago.

Pretty sad when others have to try to force people to release their hard work just because they don't have the skills to create things themselves.
So you both think that I'm the one who DDoSed DF???



Simple, I don't DDoS.
→Striker← is offline  
Old 04/02/2012, 03:28   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 297
Received Thanks: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by →Striker← View Post
So you both think that I'm the one who DDoSed DF???



Simple, I don't DDoS.
lol, sorry, my post was directed at katalin21k and gavsta
Pyrok is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2012, 03:45   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 939
Received Thanks: 515
nope striker we know exactly whos doing it and if it turned out to be the same russian team that smoke says screwed his team over i wouldnt be suprised the least what they fail to realise is ddosing is doing nothing more causing servers to close down in the end they still wont get any files and any work ive done i sure as hell know they wont ever see same goes for raskim and i think i can speak for xji when i say that pyroks right thats exactly why nothing got share and probly never will
my feelings on sharing were genuine same as everyone elses i mean that was the plan but 1 group had to ruin it for everyone else
why and how anyone assuming an attack would force us to give up what we have is beyond me.
its not a realistic plan
wisp66 is offline  
Thanks
7 Users
Old 04/02/2012, 03:49   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 978
Received Thanks: 1,007
For my person i can say, i only release my own created Stuff and this just when i think, i want to.

Like i said. In my Opinion they can DDoS how long they want, the ywould never get any file from me.

It like in my School time. Someone punche´s you in your face and want your Breakfast Money. Do not ever give him your money, otherwise they get what they wanted and will contuine this way.
TheOnlyOneRaskim is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/02/2012, 05:27   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Received Thanks: 0
I say dont realease it, and keep kicking back. Maybe get your own team together and dos the noobs right back. BUT whatever you do dont give up please. Just keep working at it till either they find something better to do or give up or whatever.
lowjoecool is offline  
Old 04/02/2012, 05:48   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 939
Received Thanks: 515
we have no plans to give up or stop even if that means going private server among friends for 6 months or less just long enough for them to give up and move to something else not saying dk will be closing just saying if it did thats what we would do


wisp66 is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread



« request : someone can upload him db fixed? | [Release]DB 7.3 Arcadia from RDB convertion »

Similar Threads
Ddos Attack
01/19/2012 - Shaiya - 16 Replies
Hello! It seems like i finally found a nice ps. I just downloaded it,and made a new player,i was linking all, i quite finished, i just need to link accessories, when something on chat caught my attention. I tought it was something like a drama but it wasn't. A guy was asking another guy to contact him on skype because he was going to ddos his pserver and he wanted money. I did just in time to read and boom. Log Off. The server is pretty nice for what i saw,and is new,2 days max online....
About the servers DDos attack
09/08/2011 - SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions - 34 Replies
Guys Since DWSRO opened we found alot of Ddos attack in Diamond and Bloody and DWSRO hasn't DDoS attack or any thing So From where the DDoS attack . I think DWSRO fucks the Other servers By DDos attacking :mad:
Es gab mal ja den DDoS attack.....
02/10/2010 - Metin2 Main - Discussions / Questions - 2 Replies
Hi E*PvPers, also Es gab mal ja den DDoS attack auf metin2.DE. und jetzt zu meiner frage. kann ich auch einen Bekannten DDoS angriffe senden? Also der BEKANNTE hat acc von mir geklaut xD und ich will mich rächen und dem hund einen PC schrotten.IST mir egal wenn ich dafür bezahlen muss. Hab bei GOOGLe nichts gefunden. Habe die ip von ihm. Benutze aber einen Proxy wenn ich das mache. Hat jmd eine anleitung oder so etwas in der art wie man das macht?



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:53.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.