Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Old   #1771

elite*gold: 0
why nobody helping me -_- just please i have these npcs and i don't know how to add them to sql i can add npc if only have one file sql but if there is more than that i cant it come with error like no line such or something i only opne the file and F5 thats it for one file but there is more and they dont work with me im not much in sql
Attached Files
File Type: rar CarBon 7.3.rar (31.6 KB, 37 views)

Old   #1772

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhaadiga View Post
why nobody helping me -_- just please i have these npcs and i don't know how to add them to sql i can add npc if only have one file sql but if there is more than that i cant it come with error like no line such or something i only opne the file and F5 thats it for one file but there is more and they dont work with me im not much in sql
They are for 7.3 files and if you are using 8.1 files there are probably some column differences.

I don't really want to try to add all those NPCs or shops just to see if I can recreate your error.

Could you post the error instead.

EDIT: I just took a quik look at things and there is a new column in dbo.MarketResource for arena_ratio.

None of the market resource scripts have this ratio and it would have to be added for the scripts to function.

This is script 1 rewritten...

This is script 5 rewritten...

I am not doing the long ones but you should get the idea from my edits.

The NPC should add easily they are just modifying a KTS NPC

Old   #1773

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
They are for 7.3 files and if you are using 8.1 files there are probably some column differences.

I don't really want to try to add all those NPCs or shops just to see if I can recreate your error.

Could you post the error instead.
ok first i add this
use
Code:
Arcadia
UPDATE [Arcadia].[dbo].[NPCResource] SET[x] = 152746 ,[y] = 77057 , [local_flag] = 0 ,[contact_script] = 'NPC_carbon_shop_contact()'WHERE [id] = 11485
works fine
than this one

[code]INSERT INTO [Arcadia].[dbo].[MarketResource]([sort_id],[name],[code],[price_ratio],[huntaholic_ratio])VALUES(100013,'cs_Hair_Color',960022,1000.00,0.00 )
INSERT INTO [Arcadia].[dbo].[MarketResource]([sort_id],[name],[code],[price_ratio],[huntaholic_ratio])VALUES(100014,'cs_Hair_Color',960023,1000.00,0.00 )
INSERT INTO [Arcadia].[dbo].[MarketResource]([sort_id],[name],
Code:
,[price_ratio],[huntaholic_ratio])VALUES(100015,'cs_Hair_Color',960024,1000.00,0.00)
the error

Code:
Msg 515, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'arena_ratio', table 'Arcadia.dbo.MarketResource'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
Msg 515, Level 16, State 2, Line 2
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'arena_ratio', table 'Arcadia.dbo.MarketResource'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
Msg 515, Level 16, State 2, Line 3
Old   #1774

Already told you why.

None of your scripts have "arena_ratio" cause they are from 7.4 and 8.1 has "arena_ratio"

You have to add this value to the scripts. Look at the ones I did for you. Really pay attention to them because there is more data and you need to do the same thing to the long winded ones that I am not going to do.

Old   #1775

I'm looking for Indian Costume codes plz
Old   #1776

Question please..
Every time I log out and back in..skills are reset ..skill icons are removed from the trays and the icons such as "guild" , "actions" and so forth at the bottom do not have their names showing when you mouse over them. Is there something I missed or is the 8.1 databases not as complete as the 7.4 databases ? There are a lot of empty string errors ...but so far ...it's been names only..the actual items do work...(that I've tested so far). But...if anyone has any thoughts as to the resetting...it would be most appreciated if any paths to fixing it could be revealed. Thank you for any consideration and please have a great day. (And yes, I do know how to use the search...and numerous searches (here and google) have shown me nothing useful to remedy the resetting...So..Please, if you have some insight...I humbly implore you to share your knowledge. Using the 8.1 files from here:
Old   #1777

Quote:
The method I left in that thread works in my server, not sure if his would or not but since my function works I have no need to try his.

Getting hot keys to save is an easy task but getting HV to work again afterward is a not so easy task.

Hot keys will function if you change...

T game.cash_usable_server:1

to...

T game.cash_usable_server:0

but as stated I am not sure why this fixes Hotkeys but I do know why it turns HV NPCs off.

Now in order to fix the HV NPCs you need to change their value in dbo.NPCResource.

The Value you need to change is "spawn_type" which will originally be a "4" so it only spawns if it is a cash usable server.

Change the value to "0" and they will spawn like any other NPC.

I have not written a fancy SQL function for this but maybe someone else who does SQL better than I do can. Something like...

Use arcadia where contact_script like Secroute set spawn_type = 0

Yeah I suck at SQL

Thanks
1 User
Old   #1778

I wrote the SQL for that also...

Code:
use
Arcadia
UPDATE [Arcadia].[dbo].[NPCResource]  SET[spawn_type] = 0  WHERE [contact_script] LIKE '%Secroute%'
I am getting a little better than sucking
Thanks
1 User
Old   #1779

How do we change the skill and cube and etc. rates. (Combining and Enhancing Rates)
Old   #1780

Wow.... never actually came into this thread.... This should be fun for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochina
How do we change the skill and cube and etc. rates. (Combining and Enhancing Rates)
You can't Pyro, those are built into the game system just like the combat equations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochina
I'm looking for Indian Costume codes plz
You can use one of my search queries for this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr

Code:
use
Arcadia
UPDATE [Arcadia].[dbo].[NPCResource]  SET[spawn_type] = 0  WHERE [contact_script] LIKE '%Secroute%'
Actually you don't need all of that, this is a simple and effective method:
Code:
USE Arcadia
UPDATE NPCResource
SET spawn_type = 0
WHERE contact_script LIKE '%secroute%'
In fact you could just do it like this:
Code:
USE Arcadia UPDATE NPCResource SET spawn_type = 0 WHERE contact_script LIKE '%secroute%'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also this has been tested and does in fact work:

Code:
function on_server_init()
	roaming()
	rare_mob()
	guardian_spawn()
	random_respawn()
        add_event_state(1013,20)
        add_event_state(1007,15)
        add_event_state(1008,15)
        add_event_state(1002,10)
        add_event_state(1001,10)
end
Thanks
1 User
Old   #1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochina View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenOnlyWishes View Post
You can't Pyro, those are built into the game system just like the combat equations.
Actually...you can you will find all of the percentages by local in the dbo.EnhanceResource table

The may be some other algorithms that come in to play but I am sure these percentage numbers have an effect if changed.
Old   #1782

[quote]

thndr

The Black Market: 0/0/0

Code:

use
Arcadia
UPDATE [Arcadia].[dbo].[NPCResource] SET[spawn_type] = 0 WHERE [contact_script] LIKE '%Secroute%'

Thank you for the reply....and changing the server type (cash) from 1 to 0 did, in fact, make the hotbars retain the skills even after a re-log. (Yay!)
However....
There are some custom npc placed in town (Currently Im am seeing them in laksey)...
but this changing of cash type from 1 to 0 ...has rendered only one of these npcs useable.
They have the dialog "Open shop" ...but then do not open it when that option is chosen.
As for the "empty string" errors. I really don't mind these at all...I think these are just a empty txt error....name and so forth missing...but it would be appreciated if the custom npcs could be repaired somehow ? ...or ...an alternate method of restoring the hot bars could be found...as ..when I change the server type BACK to 1...all the custom npc work again. Thank you guys for any consideration.
Old   #1783

Quote:
Actually...you can you will find all of the percentages by local in the dbo.EnhanceResource table

The may be some other algorithms that come in to play but I am sure these percentage numbers have an effect if changed.
Haha, I stand corrected... I guess you can effect the enhance rates at least.... Yes the EnhanceResource table does control the % of how likely it is to enhance, but as you said there are still other calculable factors to take into account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreil
Thank you for the reply....and changing the server type (cash) from 1 to 0 did, in fact, make the hotbars retain the skills even after a re-log. (Yay!)
However....
There are some custom npc placed in town (Currently Im am seeing them in laksey)...
but this changing of cash type from 1 to 0 ...has rendered only one of these npcs useable.
They have the dialog "Open shop" ...but then do not open it when that option is chosen.
As for the "empty string" errors. I really don't mind these at all...I think these are just a empty txt error....name and so forth missing...but it would be appreciated if the custom npcs could be repaired somehow ? ...or ...an alternate method of restoring the hot bars could be found...as ..when I change the server type BACK to 1...all the custom npc work again. Thank you guys for any consideration.
The reason why your "Open Shop" is not opening is most likely a script issue. Take a look at the NPCs in the NPCResource and find their scripts, then locate them in the LUAs, most likely the NPC is setup with a dlg option for opening a shop, but the function is not calling any specific shop.

As for the empty strings, just use one of the rdb/db editors to merge the StringResource databases in the client and server databases, that should fix any and all string related problems you have. This is the best one out right now:

If you want to remove the custom NPCs which I'm guessing are in fact the KTS NPCs, then you can use this:
Code:
USE Arcadia
UPDATE NPCResource
SET local_flag = 1048575
WHERE contact_script = 'NPC_Merchant_crushop_hair_contact()'
OR contact_script = 'NPC_Merchant_crushop_etc_contact()'
OR contact_script = 'NPC_Merchant_crushop_Newequip_Item_contact()'
OR contact_script = 'NPC_Merchant_Creature_card_contact()'
But if you just want to repair them, then locate their scripts like you did before, and simply put whatever you want in the LUA files for their functions. If you use ACRE you could even give them custom names and other various traits....
Thanks
1 User
Old   #1784

almost got it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenOnlyWishes View Post
Haha, I stand corrected... I guess you can effect the enhance rates at least.... Yes the EnhanceResource table does control the % of how likely it is to enhance, but as you said there are still other calculable factors to take into account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason why your "Open Shop" is not opening is most likely a script issue. Take a look at the NPCs in the NPCResource and find their scripts, then locate them in the LUAs, most likely the NPC is setup with a dlg option for opening a shop, but the function is not calling any specific shop.

As for the empty strings, just use one of the rdb/db editors to merge the StringResource databases in the client and server databases, that should fix any and all string related problems you have. This is the best one out right now:

If you want to remove the custom NPCs which I'm guessing are in fact the KTS NPCs, then you can use this:
Code:
USE Arcadia
UPDATE NPCResource
SET local_flag = 1048575
WHERE contact_script = 'NPC_Merchant_crushop_hair_contact()'
OR contact_script = 'NPC_Merchant_crushop_etc_contact()'
OR contact_script = 'NPC_Merchant_crushop_Newequip_Item_contact()'
OR contact_script = 'NPC_Merchant_Creature_card_contact()'
But if you just want to repair them, then locate their scripts like you did before, and simply put whatever you want in the LUA files for their functions. If you use ACRE you could even give them custom names and other various traits....

Thank you so much for the reply...I'm really trying...and have zero experience with luas and scripts. But...I did find a decent lua editor..if I could just ask please...would you know the lua that needs editing within the gameserver/scripts folder to edit those custom NPCs? There's quite a few .luas in there and even when I open them one at a time...the exact location of where to edit is eluding me. (easy to do since first time Im doing this....but I am in there digging and trying.) Any last help here would be awesome. Thank you guys for your patience and consideration.
Old   #1785

Well first off, whatever lua editor your using ditch it and get Notepadd++ it's the only editor you need. It even works with SQL formats.

Secondly, if your having trouble finding something just use the 'Find' option in the editor, you should be able to search for the strings you need. But if I'm not mistaken... the functions for the NPCs I listed are in the npc_merchantetc.lua

Thanks
1 User

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz