Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rappelz:Apocalypse

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Rappelz:Apocalypse

Hey all,

I am part of the gpotato version of rappelz. During the completion of the new Master Class quests I had a bit of an idea that I'd like to implement in my pserver. The title is the intent of the general idea.

To implement it I'd need to do the following:

• remove all monster spawns and replace with my own sprites
  • add custom if statements/for loops so that on death you return to the nearest city
  • remove teleporters and the bulk of NPCs
  • game starting dialogs that start on game commence (don't mind "hacking" it where instead of automatically you have to talk to an NPC like the current set-up)
  • Remove entire drops table/ gold drop
  • Change entire purchase set up to work through selling token items [considering pchips as a default option]
  • Have a starting pet choice (much like pokemon and choosing starters)

I have thought deeply into exactly what needs to be done and have drafted a plan. I am studying software engineer so I really would like to include this as experience and do have a fair bit of coding experience.

I am asking for guidance should I need it with regards to where I write my methods and where to remove certain sections of the database. I'll wait for a week for response and consider it to be a lone project otherwise.

Regards,
Aarontt

Old   #2

I guess since there's been quite a few views I'll break out the full idea. There's been a recent quest + navislamia is covered in zombies. These zombies 1 hit/2 hit kill but you can 1 hit/2 hit kill. The game will start on the trainee island, killing Zombies XD. You get a choice of ranged pet and +10 weapon (to make sure you one hit) and from then on it's Zombie killing madness. Each zombie drops a token which you later trade for upgrades on yourself and pets. Once you hit level 10 you get sent to HV where theres a bunch of merchants to support you. Then you're taken to the next zone (Horizon). You have to fight your way through ever increasingly difficult zombies (thinking of the last zone [Rondo to City of Ruins] as being a "Hell zone" where zombies actually can stun you from afar [no damage but scary as hell]). If you die you start back at the last town (Trainee Island -> Horizon -> Katan -> Rondo -> City of Ruins -> end game dialog).

That's the basic idea, how do people like it?

Old   #3

not bad
Old   #4

Sounds like fun