Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rappelz P-Server auf Linux?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 68
Rappelz P-Server auf Linux?

Hallo Community,
ich möchte einen Rappelz-Server aufsetzen, habe das ganze bisher nur erfolgreich mit WoW hinbekommen, jedoch habe ich keine Ahnung, ob ich einen Rappelz-Server auf meinem Debian-Root zum laufen bekommen kann.
(Ausführen der exe-dateien von Repacks nicht möglich, da keine Grafische Oberfläche besteht).

Würde mich freuen wenn jemand dazu ein Tutorial hat^^

Old   #2

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
Quote:
(Ausführen der exe-dateien von Repacks nicht möglich, da keine Grafische Oberfläche besteht).
Erklärt die Frage teils von selbst.
Außerdem brauchst du MICROSOFT SQL Server...

Du verstehst worauf ich hínaus will?

Entweder du nutzt ein "V-Server"-Programm (hab den Namen vergessen... >_< hoffe du weißt, was ich meine), oder du kannst es vergessen.

Old   #3

elite*gold: 78
Es würde gehen wenn Du ein bestimmtes Programm auf deinem Linux Server hättest. Das Programm heißt : "Wine" und erlaubt es Dir sämtliche Windows Programme zu installieren, zu starten und zu nutzen!!!
Old   #4

elite*gold: 30
i think Microsoft SQL server couldnt be running on Wine in case of lack of libraries used by MSSQL that could be got using Wine. if im not right, correct me

Old   #5

elite*gold: 1
It might be possible but whats the point overall. Game Guard is the only beast that would have had a hard time running in WINE but with game guard stripped it just might be doable.

Thread is from 2011 anyway, it's almost like beating a dead horse.

Heck playing Rappelz is almost like beating a dead horse too, but at least create a new thread for something if the newest found is from 3 years ago.
Old   #6

elite*gold: 0
It's possible if using an emu that support it (.net may be supported as there is some part of it with Mono, but server stuff might not be implemented), I also heard that it works with wine for the auth server but you can't run the GS since it's 64 bits and wine can't run 64 bits program as good as 32 bits ones IIRC

SQL has to be run on a windows machine but it's possible to connect to it as freetds allow a linux program to connect to a SQL Server server

Running a windows VM on linux is far easier to run a full rappelz server (auth + GS + sql server) than using native linux stuff

(the client works perfectly on wine though, unless you have gameguard or hackshield, so it's possible to have client + server on linux with servers on a VM, which is what I do)
Old   #7

Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server on Linux

For Red Hat Linux giv it Microsoft SQL Server and the name is : msodbcsql-11.0.2270.0.tar.gz
for SUSE Linux : msodbcsql-11.0.2260.0.tar.gz.

here is a tut for installing this on your linux system : >>>click here<<<

And yes this is a old old Topic but i have think this is a nice Tread (Rappelz on Linux)
Sorry...
Old   #8

Received Thanks: 1,154
you are talking about an Unix ODBC Driver for MSSQL (NOT MSSQL SERVER! On doing this you are able to connect to MSSQL from a unix machine)
Old   #9

Received Thanks: 2,411
Plain and simple facts are as follows:

I can say all of this with certainty as I was the maintainer for the WineAPP db project that attempted to run just the Rappelz client on several distro.

Why the client won't work:

The Rappelz client relies (oddly enough) on an antiquated Internet Explorer HTML parsing engine, which to some degree (at-least then) required IExplorer to be running (which only very select versions barely work and ActiveX does not work at all) The client will start and load to the point where it begins parsing HTML via ActiveX controls, wine will immediately go insane and crash.

Why the game-server wont work (aside of a proof of concept):

I'm pretty sure you could launch the GS, with enough WineTricks modifications to your WINE installation, you could probably even host your SQL Server on a remote windows based machine. Assuming all of that worked, you'd likely encounter ***-tons of lag due to the GS running in an emulated environment.

The AS/GS are just one of those things that aren't practical to run in a UNIX environment as it was created for and relies heavily on Windows only services and processes. But as Glandu2 mentioned previously, you could always code a Linux compatible GS, good luck on that.
Old   #10

okay, thanks I have thinked that can work on Linux Server with VCN or Virtual Box and Win XP