Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Why make a private server public?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs down Why make a private server public?

Hello, why is everybody making there crappy glichy messed up servers live. list of reasons why you should just give up...

1, you most prob don't actually know how to run the server correctly and leaving everything to devs:/

2, does anybody even play them? and if they do is it more then 10 people who don't have the intelligence to make there own p-servers

3, any profit made...?

4, are you trying to get caught hosting a private server and get sued for copy right?

5, theres WELL TO MANY glichs on 99.99% of these servers

6, Most of you are running on Crappy Computers/Laptops... and your just ruining them:/

7, Just make a private server go on Hamachi invite friends have fun with friends (If you don't have friends, stop making public servers and GO OUT AND MAKE FRIENDS)

8, Most of you are running on Hamachi and then inviting LOADS of people... for more lagging experience?

9, if you are making profits then well you don't even deserve the DEVS files as there working hard you getting money :/ seems fair... (not really)

10, Making a private server public is more work than its worth you make $3 a day and work about 12hours aday :/ thats evan if you make money from it...

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

I wholeheartedly agree.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavsta View Post
Hello, why is everybody making there crappy glichy messed up servers live. list of reasons why you should just give up...

1, you most prob don't actually know how to run the server correctly and leaving everything to devs:/

Some ppl acutly know what their doing and alot of ppl are devs

2, does anybody even play them? and if they do is it more then 10 people who don't have the intelligence to make there own p-servers

sure alot of ppl are waiting to play a pserver

3, any profit made...?

pservers are never really about profit u should only make enought to run the dedi and upgrade when needed

4, are you trying to get caught hosting a private server and get sued for copy right?

if gala was so bothered about legal they would have closed this ages ago..they know about pservers and dont care atm

feel free to fix them ur self

6, Most of you are running on Crappy Computers/Laptops... and your just ruining them:/

Sadly dedis cost money and alot for a decent server whats the point of getting a dedi to run a buggged client smoothly for ur liking?

7, Just make a private server go on Hamachi invite friends have fun with friends (If you don't have friends, stop making public servers and GO OUT AND MAKE FRIENDS)

then no publics would ever be made ud be still stuck on offical

8, Most of you are running on Hamachi and then inviting LOADS of people... for more lagging experience?

hamachi is a limiting server but its limited by bandwidth and not all have a 1gb bandwidth like dedis

9, if you are making profits then well you don't even deserve the DEVS files as there working hard you getting money :/ seems fair... (not really)

only the greedy mofos are doing it for profit some are working to make it fun

10, Making a private server public is more work than its worth you make $3 a day and work about 12hours aday :/ thats evan if you make money from it...

Coz ppl do it for fun...u wont complain when ur playing it will u?

Seroiusly quit yea whining and just wait and be gratefull ppl are spending their time doing this....few yrs ago no one would bother as rappelz was crap and still is.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhammer500 View Post
Seroiusly quit yea whining and just wait and be gratefull ppl are spending their time doing this....few yrs ago no one would bother as rappelz was **** and still is.
well tbh Devs are quite against Public servers (That are not official) so i doubt devs actually host private servers Devs (Need more time in the day so they can do there things and sort rappelz for greatful people) They DO NOT have time to run Laggy Glichy servers for laughs :/

Old   #5

My server is not laggy nor glitchy. Are you excited yet?
Old   #6

Quote:
well tbh Devs are quite against Public servers (That are not official) so i doubt devs actually host private servers Devs (Need more time in the day so they can do there things and sort rappelz for greatful people) They DO NOT have time to run Laggy Glichy servers for laughs :/
Yea but more ppl run servers the more bugs are found i do agree profit is bad but the devs cant soley fix it all u need a community to do that.

reason servers are laggy is coz the devs havnt brought out any new files since the mob update, but some ppl still use those.
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflcopterGoesSoiSoiSoi View Post
My server is not laggy nor glitchy. Are you excited yet?
i played your server before... i do like to test ! twice i had to end sframe because game just stopped :/ i got to level 6 :/
Old   #8

Quote:

3, any profit made...?

number 7 made me laugh so hard ^^
Old   #9

Just to be clear, most of us are just against servers that charge for in-game items. Free or donation-only servers are fine. We do ask that any fixes be shared, no sense in duplicating work.

We haven't released anything because of all the crappy servers with CS popping up. We decided it would be better to get it stable before releasing anything else. Hopefully that way a decent free or donation-only server or two will open so the crappy servers will die off.
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrok View Post
Just to be clear, most of us are just against servers that charge for in-game items. Free or donation-only servers are fine. We do ask that any fixes be shared, no sense in duplicating work.

We haven't released anything because of all the crappy servers with CS popping up. We decided it would be better to get it stable before releasing anything else. Hopefully that way a decent free or donation-only server or two will open so the crappy servers will die off.
i agree donation for exp/jp is a big nono sadly someone wanted that on a really buggy server.
Old   #11

Speedy stop dreaming
Old   #12

Hehe, making people jealous ain't nice.
Old   #13

Why do people insist on playing to be on a private server in the first place? Isnt the point of this forum to educate people on how to make their own private server for friends? Wisp....i know you said you were waiting for pservers to shut down before realeasing the update "which sucks for us who just wanna play with our friends" but do you think maybe you and the devs could maybe come up with a way so these "cash" pservers couldn't operate? Like maybe writing i account limit on the server? I have no idea how programming works but i hate that these greedy people ruin this for everyone else.
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideEffects View Post
Why do people insist on playing to be on a private server in the first place? Isnt the point of this forum to educate people on how to make their own private server for friends? Wisp....i know you said you were waiting for pservers to shut down before realeasing the update "which sucks for us who just wanna play with our friends" but do you think maybe you and the devs could maybe come up with a way so these "cash" pservers couldn't operate? Like maybe writing i account limit on the server? I have no idea how programming works but i hate that these greedy people ruin this for everyone else.
Your not looking clearly not all the pservers are money grabbers just a few bad ones which givs bad rep to the other.

And if u ever played offical ud know playing a private server will be heaven...offical is just as bad if not worse money grabber like game as the bad pservers
Old   #15

i deleted my private server because i got bored of the bugs and glitches i was playing with my friends and my cousin make a server on hamachi invite your friends play together and have fun

P.S:if you dont have friends go out make some friends