Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why make a private server public?

Discussion on Why make a private server public? within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 07/06/2011, 00:19   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rero6600 View Post
i deleted my private server because i got bored of the bugs and glitches i was playing with my friends and my cousin make a server on hamachi invite your friends play together and have fun

P.S:if you dont have friends go out make some friends
problem is even if the files are bug free without a dedi and emulator for the dedi u still need hamachi...plus hamachi is kinda free all u pay for is ur connection and power use.

where as a dedi costs quite abit a month.
Old 07/06/2011, 00:46   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideEffects View Post
but do you think maybe you and the devs could maybe come up with a way so these "cash" pservers couldn't operate? Like maybe writing i account limit on the server? I have no idea how programming works but i hate that these greedy people ruin this for everyone else.

That would be kinda self destructing - We wouldnt get such a great community like on official ones!

In my opinion a Pserver is about playing a game, which was modified for each server individually, with many other people. There always should be guilds and dungeon sieges. In my opinion these are great parts of Rappelz.

Setting a player limit for a pserver would take very joyfull parts of the game :/

cu,
Ufo
Old 07/06/2011, 01:16   #18

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy-nl View Post
they can remove or let the cs out if they want to, but even that will not stop greedy peeps, they will just sell it ingame

like send a list and ?$ to ?.com and you recive the items after paymend is recived
So i guess it looks like no matter what.....people are always gonna try to make a quick buck off someone else's work. No wonder the devs dont want to release anything. I say forget about working on the new client.....if people want to make money off a game...let them use their own work. xD
Old 07/08/2011, 02:44   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavsta View Post
Hello, why is everybody making there crappy glichy messed up servers live. list of reasons why you should just give up...

1, you most prob don't actually know how to run the server correctly and leaving everything to devs:/

2, does anybody even play them? and if they do is it more then 10 people who don't have the intelligence to make there own p-servers

3, any profit made...?

4, are you trying to get caught hosting a private server and get sued for copy right?

5, theres WELL TO MANY glichs on 99.99% of these servers

6, Most of you are running on Crappy Computers/Laptops... and your just ruining them:/

7, Just make a private server go on Hamachi invite friends have fun with friends (If you don't have friends, stop making public servers and GO OUT AND MAKE FRIENDS)

8, Most of you are running on Hamachi and then inviting LOADS of people... for more lagging experience?

9, if you are making profits then well you don't even deserve the DEVS files as there working hard you getting money :/ seems fair... (not really)

10, Making a private server public is more work than its worth you make $3 a day and work about 12hours aday :/ thats evan if you make money from it...
i find this thread really funny knowing you made a server even better knowing it was made with hamachi after reading 7 and 8
Old 07/08/2011, 03:01   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratehat2 View Post
i find this thread really funny knowing you made a server even better knowing it was made with hamachi after reading 7 and 8
XDD! ino but i just got bored XD and not many of my friends play Rappelz
My friends are not all nerds like me :P
Old 07/08/2011, 03:37   #21

Quote:
XDD! ino but i just got bored XD and not many of my friends play Rappelz
My friends are not all nerds like me :P
you can join my "private" private server i have like 6 other people on it but its shut down till the new update just message me if you want to join
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/08/2011, 05:08   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratehat2 View Post
you can join my "private" private server i have like 6 other people on it but its shut down till the new update just message me if you want to join
thanks for offer! XD but im helping out in a server now ! so i don;t have play time ! gl tho and i can't wait till DB release :P
Old 07/08/2011, 14:36   #23

Gavsta, telling us the current files aren't ment for online play, what do you do? start a part time hamachi server, big fail.
Old 07/08/2011, 18:15   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rne1994 View Post
Gavsta, telling us the current files aren't ment for online play, what do you do? start a part time hamachi server, big fail.
clap clap clap! you worked out 2 comments above
Old 07/08/2011, 18:24   #25

Quote:
clap clap clap! you worked out 2 comments above
lol
Old 07/08/2011, 18:45   #26

Silly kid.