Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions related to PServers!

Discussion on Questions related to PServers! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 02/09/2015, 15:39   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
You guys clearly don't understand how to bullshit your way out of things, in a country where gaming or silkroad itself aren't so popular you can just lie and get a license easily then what? Joymax won't even give a **** to sue you because they don't even sue unlicensed servers, imagine suing a licensed one. It would take longer time.
You don't get it do you, there is a reason they do their cases in countries like Germany, USA and Korea.
I can register the brand Silkroad Online here and it's mine, does it mean I can use stolen work? No. It falls under copyright infringement, you did not create the files, you have no right to use them at all.
So in a country where driving isn't popular I can just go around and brand BMW and make cars based on a BMW I stole and reproduce it? I don't think so
And what do you mean with licensed ones, I believe even in those countries you have to show some kind of "blueprint" of your software/project in order to get it licensed and for Silkroad, you simply do not have it.

And how can you license something that has no approval of the original creator? Thats just registering the brand you're talking about.
Old 02/09/2015, 17:48   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
You don't get it do you, there is a reason they do their cases in countries like Germany, USA and Korea.
I can register the brand Silkroad Online here and it's mine, does it mean I can use stolen work? No. It falls under copyright infringement, you did not create the files, you have no right to use them at all.
So in a country where driving isn't popular I can just go around and brand BMW and make cars based on a BMW I stole and reproduce it? I don't think so
And what do you mean with licensed ones, I believe even in those countries you have to show some kind of "blueprint" of your software/project in order to get it licensed and for Silkroad, you simply do not have it.
ofc you aren't allowed to use the files but all I was just saying acquiring a high level of license after bullshitting your way with the provider into getting it helps you a lot if joymax bothered suing you.
Old 02/09/2015, 18:06   #18

elite*gold: 275
Received Thanks: 1,156
I remember back on 2012 that I contacted myself JOYMAX about a 1 year trial license and they said like this: Yes we agree with you with the following requests.
1. Your server must be 2 degrees lower then the official.
2. All modifications must be validadet by us (Joymax).
3. Every month provide us with a summary of the number of players and sales made.
4. 1 year trial license will cost you 10.000 american dollars.

And this is just some of the requests which they wanted.
Old 02/09/2015, 18:12   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo™ View Post
I remember back on 2012 that I contacted myself JOYMAX about a 1 year trial license and they said like this: Yes we agree with you with the following requests.
1. Your server must be 2 degrees lower then the official.
2. All modifications must be validadet by us (Joymax).
3. Every month provide us with a summary of the number of players and sales made.
4. 1 year trial license will cost you 10.000 american dollars.

And this is just some of the requests which they wanted.
People are having a hard time collecting money to set up the server and go as low as 200$ to setup a server and you say 10,000 dollars? I'd only pay that much if I'm sure I'll have like 5 thousand players.