Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Beginner Developer

Discussion on Beginner Developer within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Beginner Developer

Hello .
I just joined this Sro coding world
I want to know the meaning of some words ..
So lets start :
what is the meaning of these words ?
1- PHP
2- Packets
3- Proxy
4- Phconnecter
5- Exploit
And From Where i Can Start Learn Pk2 Edit And all of this ?
Old 02/24/2016, 12:02   #2

PHP - there are 2 types of, either for web (coding specific sections about calculations, or mostly for a decent account registration, silk purchase, account login, notice creation, etc.) and for the database environment (your actual place if you want to create unique feature like mastery level up scrolls, level up blockers, quests handing out specific items, obtaining special quests only once you have reached a level, etc. overall ingame stuff).

Packets - communication between the client and server, and vice versa. E. g. if you click around in your game world, that even is a package, lets call it a move package. Sends the packet with the desired coordinates to the server, the server flags it either as valid (you save your coordinates on _Char table) or you are going to disconnect (buggy area which wasn't enabled or was missing a navmesh). Goes for every action ingame. Buying, selling, registering for the fortress war, etc.

Proxy - thats quite too tedious to explain, referring you to this one: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
Usually, people use them to secure their direct connections, but it is not always that successful.

PhConnector - check the recent exploit threads and you have your clue :P

Exploits - finding bugs and abusing them to your own advantage. Might be an item dupe ingame (cloning items) or teleporting in areas which you no permissions to enter (e. g. GM rooms or the Prison area).

PK2 (pack2) - learning by doing, simply like that. People learned it due to necessity, like getting the advantage over 1-hit-killer wizards, which were using their invisibility too frequently, so people decide to recode the parameters from invisible to berserker (visible meshes).

Developer - game creator. That's not the case on the private Silkroad section. A developer is someone creating a game from the scratch, which no one did here so far. People coding a whole server cluster (e. g. for Aion and Lineage2), those were semi coders.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/24/2016, 14:34   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
PHP - there are 2 types of, either for web (coding specific sections about calculations, or mostly for a decent account registration, silk purchase, account login, notice creation, etc.) and for the database environment (your actual place if you want to create unique feature like mastery level up scrolls, level up blockers, quests handing out specific items, obtaining special quests only once you have reached a level, etc. overall ingame stuff).

Packets - communication between the client and server, and vice versa. E. g. if you click around in your game world, that even is a package, lets call it a move package. Sends the packet with the desired coordinates to the server, the server flags it either as valid (you save your coordinates on _Char table) or you are going to disconnect (buggy area which wasn't enabled or was missing a navmesh). Goes for every action ingame. Buying, selling, registering for the fortress war, etc.

Proxy - thats quite too tedious to explain, referring you to this one: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
Usually, people use them to secure their direct connections, but it is not always that successful.

PhConnector - check the recent exploit threads and you have your clue :P

Exploits - finding bugs and abusing them to your own advantage. Might be an item dupe ingame (cloning items) or teleporting in areas which you no permissions to enter (e. g. GM rooms or the Prison area).

PK2 (pack2) - learning by doing, simply like that. People learned it due to necessity, like getting the advantage over 1-hit-killer wizards, which were using their invisibility too frequently, so people decide to recode the parameters from invisible to berserker (visible meshes).

Developer - game creator. That's not the case on the private Silkroad section. A developer is someone creating a game from the scratch, which no one did here so far. People coding a whole server cluster (e. g. for Aion and Lineage2), those were semi coders.
its awesome but i still dont know from where i can start learn any part of this
Old 02/24/2016, 16:56   #4

Everybody has his/her own terms of learning curve. Me for example, I've learned PHP (webcoding) by watching a simple (I mean it really like that) HTML and CSS coding, how they designed a simple website in Photoshop, sliced it in different necessary parts, and made their simple plain CSS and usual header, body and foot pattern. Afterwards searching and finding websites like w3schools.com made it absolutely precious for me and my website coding.

Examples:

PHP in terms of SQL, I simply took some PHP scripts here, most of them where pre-done, and read them, comprehend them afterwards like "what does actually what" and tried to script my own, altered them, changed values. I don't remember the name anymore. AFAIK it was a woman coding some usual "change character stats and teleport afterwards"-scrolls, "making full GM"-scroll things, which involved the usual "if item X used, do in stored-procedure-1337 the following process XYZ".

Making it more valuable, browsing on websites, which are explaining the necessity of using specific PHP clusters, parameters, or at least to start with "How to create a proper Stored Procedure fetching from programs" made it pretty easy doing your own thing without cheating anywhere. And since you have given incoming packets from your module, which you want to declare, order, alter/renew, and execute to your database, you want to learn that part of PHP pretty heavily on your own or with some guides.

You might able to get your stuff together and create a whole new skilltree experience. For example, my unique skilltree "Impure" is based upon poison and zombification. To unlock the tree, you have to do few quests. It is not an item which unlocks it. Checking that value "if character has been rewarded 3 specific quests, give skillmastery 123 to player XYZ" - teleporting will reveal the new mastery. Every new skillrow has to be unlocked with either quest items or with X-amount of killed special mobs (same process here about teleporting to refresh. It is a usual "bypass" thing, since we cannot obtain the opcode of this one here to "live-refresh" our meanings).
Example:

Proxy stuff isn't learned that easily. You have to know some basic programming first, no matter in C++ or C# (people used to use C# for everything, but keep in mind, it is easily to decompile, if not secured the backend). Nothing to tell here more than: Git gut in it first :P

Packets, learning about packets is firstly learning what ASM is. ASM is used for altering your client, gameserver module, shardserver module, etc. like for increasing your character level cap, skilltree level cap, total skilltree level cap, (oddly) quest level cap, job level cap, etc. You will get the clue, if you have some experience in it.

About the other stuff, you might check the forums here. There are some easy guides for it.
Thanks
1 User