Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hero online server files and client to go with it

Discussion on Hero online server files and client to go with it within the Private Server forum part of the General Gaming Discussion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hero online server files and client to go with it

I bought these server files from somebody with real money and it turned out incomplete and very buggy, he wouldnt give me a refund so ive decided to share the files with the public after warning him. You can host this as a local server of your own unless you know the go coding language and fix the bugs yourself. I am not going to explain how to get the server up and running, do some research and figure it out yourselves.

Server files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZWA...ew?usp=sharing

Client - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQV...ew?usp=sharing
Old 08/18/2021, 15:30   #2

You did not mention what the database server password was. Can't start up the database server without it.
Old 08/21/2021, 07:06   #3

it doesnt have a password, you need to kill all your postgresql instances and then run the portable postgressql it comes with. Also dont forget to extract Data.7z before you run the db. In the source code with MVS you also have to identify the database as "ASOdb"(case sensitive) in defualt.go. Once you got the db up then run the server. Once the server is up then in the client folder locate the hero online exe shortcut and change the start in folder to the folder that you installed it to, do the same with target and also add !TianDiHuangLauncher~# after hero.exe.
Old 08/22/2021, 19:05   #4

So far, no joy. I set up a clean VM with Windows 10, and copied over your files into it. i then unpacked the Data.7z file into the folder, as suggested. Each time I try to run ASO_Legend it crashes, saying the database has refused connections. I will try recompiling the server source with thedefault.go changes, then copy the new file into the VM.

That suggests the database is getting an wrong user/pass somewhere. Without the master pass, I can not go into the database to check settings, or reset anything.

Update:
I finally got connected to the database, and I was able to get the client to log into the server. When I opened PGAdmin and tried making a backup of the database, I found that the table hops.friends was missing/corrupted. You can't alter/delete it from the list of tables because the table doesn't exist.

My next step is to export as much as I can, and rebuild the tables. That, and going thru the server sources to see what has been added to make it compatible with the newer client.
Old 08/23/2021, 11:24   #5

i dont use pgadmin, just dbeaver. I always get problems with pgadmin. And like mentioned, the server is buggy and incomplete and missing code so no suprises there. and just an fyi these are epeceteks latest files. contents of hops.friends on my db dont exist either but it still logs into the game.
Old 08/24/2021, 00:28   #6

I used an old method of fixing the database.

I exported the tables individually as csv files. Then, when I had all of them backed up, I renamed hops to hops0 and created an empty hops. As I created each new table in hops, I associated the table structure from hops0 to each new table. Once that was done, I imported the csv files into the new tables (restoring the original data).

Finally, I made a new hops.friends table with ID (integer) and Player (text) as the columns. It's just a placeholder until I can go thru the code and figure out the structure.

This allows me to export the Data and Hops databases intact, if I need to restore it later. My thought is to import them into my main postgresql server, using different ports, so I can run the old and new clients. This way I can continue working on both servers locally, as well as another personal project I'm working on.
Old 08/25/2021, 01:19   #7

elite*gold: 131
Thanks, ePecetek, awesome project you got there.
Old 09/13/2021, 14:38   #8

Would be sick to get a new server up and running with this. Karrak, got Discord?
Old 10/09/2021, 16:25   #9

I'm on there now and then. Look for KarrakSC
Old 10/13/2021, 19:42   #10

im not work posgresql portable help me please
Old 10/17/2021, 15:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by karraksc View Post
I'm on there now and then. Look for KarrakSC
Can you PM me your Discord user with the # numbers too? Would love to play the pserver
Old 11/19/2021, 01:31   #12

Quests

Quote:
Originally Posted by katil2 View Post
i dont use pgadmin, just dbeaver. I always get problems with pgadmin. And like mentioned, the server is buggy and incomplete and missing code so no suprises there. and just an fyi these are epeceteks latest files. contents of hops.friends on my db dont exist either but it still logs into the game.
I have a terrible problem, I already have the syntax files, but I didn't have the quests, I downloaded yours and I was very happy that you have them but it has several bugs, it doesn't drop the items, etc and I don't know how to fix it.