Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hero online server files and client to go with it

Discussion on Hero online server files and client to go with it within the Private Server forum part of the General Gaming Discussion category.

Old 03/16/2022, 04:19   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatrox View Post
I just saw the code and at least the quest functions and methods, there are a few things to fix, apart from the mess in the code.

list of fixes:
reward items
items requests

add and remove such items

monster acquisition - drop

-- full preview and correction not yet finished
I wonder if this server files works with hero Online client not the hero plus client that used on dragon legend server. I have patched to the latest version where hero online shut down then reopen as hero plus.
Old 03/17/2022, 02:38   #32

Can anyone share the repaired files? Thank you
Old 03/25/2022, 01:54   #33

There seems to be a new hero online aka plus server has been released or working on with new classes and discriminations features added.

Just hope it will release for everyone to enjoy and host their own private servers for friends or families to play with since Mgame/netgame are still strict about their games. They will issue DMCA if you used your external IP hosting it which your ISP company will send you a DMCA letters and tell you to stop it or they terminate your services.
Old 03/25/2022, 04:17   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbao View Post
I wonder if this server files works with hero Online client not the hero plus client that used on dragon legend server. I have patched to the latest version where hero online shut down then reopen as hero plus.
Can you share the file you have repaired?

Quote:
There seems to be a new hero online aka plus server has been released or working on with new classes and discriminations features added.

Just hope it will release for everyone to enjoy and host their own private servers for friends or families to play with since Mgame/netgame are still strict about their games. They will issue DMCA if you used your external IP hosting it which your ISP company will send you a DMCA letters and tell you to stop it or they terminate your services.
This server uses the files shared above, but some bugs have been fixed. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it, and the erection is no problem.
Old 03/25/2022, 08:43   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by yywing View Post
Can you share the file you have repaired?

This server uses the files shared above, but some bugs have been fixed. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it, and the erection is no problem.
I didn't bothered setup this server from what I read it's too buggy lol. Maybe yourmine from rag3zone forum fixed it. I pm him about it lol. Let wait until he releases it.
Old 03/25/2022, 10:22   #36

Quote:
I didn't bothered setup this server from what I read it's too buggy lol. Maybe yourmine from rag3zone forum fixed it. I pm him about it lol. Let wait until he releases it.
Didn't you notice that he deleted all the files he shared? He also said that he would not share it anymore, because he would also open the server.

Quote:
Haven't you fixed a lot of problems? Can you share it? It's mainly because I don't know the programming language so I can't fix it. If you can, please share, thank you.
Old 03/26/2022, 04:45   #37

Quote:

The issue MGame/Netgame has with it is not, legally, the server. Since they can not prove the server was made from their code, they do not have any legal ground to argue against a private server being developed. All their terms state is that the "player" who "reverses the code of the client shall be banned."

Where MGame/Netgame do have grounds for the legal argument comes from the use of their client, which is based on their code. They own the original source code, so they get to decide how it can be used.

Now, if "someone" were to come up with a client NOT based on their code, MGame/Netgame would not have any say over the use of the private server
Old 03/26/2022, 08:42   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by karraksc View Post
The issue MGame/Netgame has with it is not, legally, the server. Since they can not prove the server was made from their code, they do not have any legal ground to argue against a private server being developed. All their terms state is that the "player" who "reverses the code of the client shall be banned."

Where MGame/Netgame do have grounds for the legal argument comes from the use of their client, which is based on their code. They own the original source code, so they get to decide how it can be used.

Now, if "someone" were to come up with a client NOT based on their code, MGame/Netgame would not have any say over the use of the private server
Can you share your hero file? Please
Old 03/27/2022, 06:36   #39

Of course we all know dragon Legend servers was coded from scratches and only the client wasn't. That was why they got DMCA.
I don't think anyone can codes a client for Hero Online from scratches.
Old 03/27/2022, 16:14   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by karraksc View Post

^ this guy guy gets it. Always a pleasure running into you Karrack.
Cheers

Quote:
Of course we all know dragon Legend servers was coded from scratches and only the client wasn't. That was why they got DMCA.
I don't think anyone can codes a client for Hero Online from scratches.
It's not impossible maybe one of their dev team is currently changing all file names/directories to make it in line with fair use act for educational purposes. However there always stands a dmca letter, and a fake dmca letter thats emailed. you just have to know to tell the difference.

Quote:

really though i would like to know if anyone knows how to join their server...if they have a discord...or anything i want to play it seems like its open
Old 03/27/2022, 23:24   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxStormBreakerxXx1 View Post
^ this guy guy gets it. Always a pleasure running into you Karrack.
Cheers

It's not impossible maybe one of their dev team is currently changing all file names/directories to make it in line with fair use act for educational purposes. However there always stands a dmca letter, and a fake dmca letter thats emailed. you just have to know to tell the difference.

really though i would like to know if anyone knows how to join their server...if they have a discord...or anything i want to play it seems like its open
Clearly you didn't read their gameplay on YouTube. The guys already said it's for education purposes. He won't share it.
Old 03/30/2022, 00:58   #42

Anyone able to import the data folder into a SQL files so others can use it with installed postgres and restore the database that ways? This portable postgres is not safe and it's way more complicated than the actual postgres GUI.
Old 03/30/2022, 03:42   #43

Quote:
Anyone able to import the data folder into a SQL files so others can use it with installed postgres and restore the database that ways? This portable postgres is not safe and it's way more complicated than the actual postgres GUI.
For those of us who like this game, but don't know programming language to fix bugs, the most important thing is that no one is willing to share a more complete version.
Old 03/31/2022, 01:01   #44

Yeah you need to learn coding skills for the server emulator parts. The client parts are very simple.
Old 03/31/2022, 03:17   #45

Quote:
Yeah you need to learn coding skills for the server emulator parts. The client parts are very simple.
What does the client need to do?