Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New PServer Creation

Discussion on New PServer Creation within the Private Server Advertising forum part of the Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New PServer Creation

Hey All,

Now Start Off I hope this is in the correct section..

Right Basically Starting up a Pserver for a game which will be agreed upon game list will be put at the bottom..

tbh im looking for a small team to work on a new pserver and hopefully can become really nice and the community on the server will grow and grow..

Personal info.
Name: Dave
Experience in gaming: lol years...

You may wounder why i dont just make one myself well for that simple reason its just to much to do solo, each time i set up one on my own dosent take long till its all on top of me and i cant keep up..

so. to have a couple of guys by my side working as much as we can could hopefully make the ultimate gaming experience.

lastly.. the reason i am not saying a game i want to start working on, is because ive got a very wide range of games i would consider..

a few here so u get an idea

Gamelist:
Lineage 2 - yes
Knight online - yes
mu online - mayby
dekaron / 2 moons - yes
silkroad - mayby
regnarok - last choice

there are some more but hard to think right now

P.S the plan i have is simple for hosting which will be done by my computer during testing then once the server goes public i have a dedicated server ready for hosting.

if you would like more info pm me or reply here

Thank you Melroth.
Old 10/25/2009, 22:10   #2

I believe dekaron would be pretty cool since there are only around 15 (if not less) "good" servers around, good luck with your project.
Old 10/25/2009, 22:51   #3

thank you ya was thinking dekaron but i really wanna try discuss this with a team cause i think most these games could do with a nice new fresh server..

hardest part is finding some reliable guys ;p
Old 10/25/2009, 23:41   #4

i wish i had knowledge to help you.... you cannot imagine how this would be my dream!!

What kind of learning you need to raise a server ?
Old 10/26/2009, 00:03   #5

hehe well to tell you the truth you dont have to be the worlds number 1 programmer ... basically the team effort would be split into deifferent sections

for example. me someone else would be working on patches/updates everything server side..

then have somone else that could be active on forums/websites posting announcements and updates and basically keeping everything running smooth..

the could have ingame support so if your not very good with the scripting and such aslong as u got some knowledge about the game we choose to create a place for you could be ingame giving help and support..

theres loads of things that people can get involved with...

who knows u might also build on some knowledge at the same time so bonus all round
Old 10/26/2009, 01:06   #6

Oh.. i like this answer.... i think that the best job for me is GM, because i can't do programming. I love so much doing event, respond to player question. Personnaly i think that there is too much dekaron server, i'm not sure that you will get a lots of people because other server are on since a long time ago. My best mmorpg so far is Cabal for the gameplay, i like the combo.

Well if you need a GM, just pm me and tell me witch game you are planning to do
Old 10/26/2009, 01:16   #7

well ill have to have a good look into it really not sure what game i should choose so after i can get a few peeps together we can discuss pros and cons about each game and take it from there..

possibly depending on how many people want to help out could turn into a multi-game community in a few days time my dedi server subscription will re-new and the offer they give is a discount on every server u order meaning i will have access to 3 dedicated servers for 1 year so possible to have 3 private servers running of 3 different games in the near future..

its all good !
Old 10/26/2009, 01:54   #8

Man..do server of Dekaron )
or maybe 9dragons,not in your list but believe alot of people would play it! =)
Old 10/26/2009, 02:07   #9

hmm ive had a few ppl say dekaron only thing that is pulling me away from it is my skills in dekaron are limited and im not sure i will find a team as willing to bring the server forward as much as me but we shall see just waiting to find the right guys for the job