Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
You last visited: Today at 13:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Black screen on game launch - HELP!

Discussion on Black screen on game launch - HELP! within the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Black screen on game launch - HELP!

***SOLVED***

after another round of researching different solutions online i figured it out

in %localappdata% theres a folder called 'Tslgame'
the solution was to simply delete it. the problem was that folder somehow had a permission set that didnt allow access. even trying to delete the folder i was unable as i didnt have access. BUT if u simply browse the folder and delete items 1 at a time, you'll find which folder it is that is causing the problems. once u actually try to delete that indivual item and you are indeed computer admin, it will allow you to delete it and the entire tslgame folder.

i also uninstalled the game again, deleted steam cache, reinstalled and all is well.

hope this helps someone many years from now

*** SOLVED ***

i launch pubg, pubg intro things come up, then goes black and after a minute or two game auto closes. PUBG BLACK SCREEN ISSUE. i cannot at all enter any game mode or see menu/character

ive tried most methods to fix this from google, youtube, reddit.

anyone know what causes this?
other possible fixes?

ive tried:
  • verify game integrity
  • uninstall game, reinstall game
  • install game on new hard drive
  • create new steam account and install game
  • delete movie files/folder from game files
  • play in windows 8 mode
  • launch as administrator
  • disable overlays like discord, nvidia
  • launching from steam, nvidia, game app itself
  • maybe others cant remember

its been a long time since ive tried to play pubg but i remember this was an issue back then as well. (year or so ago)

i remember someone on a cheat discord mentioned their cheat/pak whatever it was would fix this issue (<--????)

so someone knows what could cause it!? frustrating cannot play. my steam account not banned by vac.
Old 12/11/2022, 02:46   #2

elite*gold: 0
solved
Old 01/09/2023, 08:09   #3

elite*gold: 215
you must disable certain audio devices especially if ur using multiple monitors

(hit thanks if that helped)

Tags
black screen, blackscreen, launch, pubg