Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Nostale
You last visited: Today at 10:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I need a recommendation

Discussion on I need a recommendation within the Nostale forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arrow I need a recommendation

Which emulator do you recommend to use and that is worth programming? - Opennos.dev or ON.NosWings?
Old 07/04/2019, 18:01   #2

elite*gold: 98
Received Thanks: 1,727
There is a reason why all "devs" are c/p from ON.NW to "ciapa's leaked sources" because there are a lot of "core" things to change in ON.NW to get a smoothly working software but ON.NW is much more featured

Such as :
- Process that should be executed in background
- NetworkWrapper (so called NetworkManager in all opennos sources)
- Data Access Layer (DB wrapper, anyway, it's almost all the same for most opennos sources except the slow object mapping part of ON.NW)
- Unmanaged concurrency (many times you can get deadlocks or simple)

But for many things, ON.NW is much more featured & cleaner on the code side.
Old 07/04/2019, 22:03   #3

Received Thanks: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by randiel123 View Post
Which emulator do you recommend to use and that is worth programming? - Opennos.dev or ON.NosWings?
OpenNos is not worth programming anymore. Both of your choice are 2 version of the same emulator (OpenNos).
Old 07/06/2019, 02:16   #4

You can listen to the two above me or you can continue with OpenNos and get immediate results. It is taken for granted that you cannot compete with other developers (as is fashionable among the French) but in production this does not matter. Anyone who will tell you the opposite has not yet understood and will probably never understand how to make money run. You can also learn many nice things by reading the various sources that you can find here on the forum that will help you improve your problem solving skills. Given the question, I assume you are a beginner. Not everyone wants to engage with larger projects and even in this case OpenNos is perfect for wasting time. I do not recommend using NosWings because it is cleaner but it is also full of bugs that make it unplayable.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
emulator, noswings, opennos, private, sv