Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Nostale
You last visited: Today at 18:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Question : Why do people complain about "leechers" ?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question : Why do people complain about "leechers" ?

As the title says, why do people complain about "leechers" ? Obviously people won't go learn coding for years just to code a ****** nostale emulator themselves and the people who do code this stuff, is doing it to share their work with others otherwise they wouldn't be posting here. So what is the purpose of crying and telling people "ohh you're a leecher, do it yourself" etc etc ? Nobody is gonna code their own stuff just so they don't share it, if they did they wouldn't be telling everyone about it. So i'm really confused why people even bother hating when others ask.

Old 06/19/2017, 08:16   #2

elite*gold: 150
People are posting requests and postulate people to do their ****, although they could do something for getting what they want.

Thanks
1 User
Old 06/19/2017, 12:01   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownforces View Post
As the title says, why do people complain about "leechers" ? Obviously people won't go learn coding for years just to code a shitty nostale emulator themselves and the people who do code this stuff, is doing it to share their work with others otherwise they wouldn't be posting here. So what is the purpose of crying and telling people "ohh you're a leecher, do it yourself" etc etc ? Nobody is gonna code their own stuff just so they don't share it, if they did they wouldn't be telling everyone about it. So i'm really confused why people even bother hating when others ask.
Because most of people just care about making money with others stuff...

this is our disclaimer on github :

"This project is a community project not for commercial use. The emulator itself is proof of concept of our idea to try out anything what's not possible on original servers. The result is to learn and program together for prove the study."

The goal is to learn/study there is no place for people who don't want to learn. Even more if they don't want to read the readme...
The probleme here is that leechers use the emulator for commercial use... They won't share anything if something is done, they will buy piece of shitty code part and wait for the contributors to get them the piece of code they need to make money...

Just think about it : with a shitty leechers community we have nothing to get most of the leechers don't even add an issue on github when they found one. Currently we don't get anything from the most part of the community so we have absolutly no fucking reason to do this work for free and give it for free to some people who just want to get money from our job. If we were like the most part of this community OpenNos will be stopped. Currently I still wanna share it on github cause i have no usage for it, i don't want to open a pserver. i'm working only for me but think about something : if i have no reason to share my work i can stop sharing it whenever i want. And trust me without the current contributors you won't have additional things on emulator even if the code is here because people just want to make money easy and don't care about developping, sharing, reporting issues...

Yes it need time to learn Development and it's a real job oposite to some people who think they are developer because they are able to put 4 input in an html page but seriously Anyone is able to open an issue when they found one.

Trust me if your favorite restaurant give you the recipe of his best meal (OpenRecipe Restaurant will come *-*) the minimum of respect is to continue to go to the restaurant and sharing idea/advice with it.

Leechers != Not Developer

Leechers => "is one who benefits, usually deliberately, from others' information or effort but does not offer anything in return"

The problem is that there is 2 type of Leechers :
the useless leecher:
-the one who benefit and don't offer anything in return.

and the counterproductive leecher :
-the one who benefit, don't offer anything in return, spam you with stupid question and seem's to think you own him something. So this one won't care about your work but still want you to do his fucking job for him...
The best one of this kind is the guy who try to buy you... Seriously if i care a little about making money with that project wtf do you think it will be free ?
Instead of trying buy us 10lines of code just look at that

and be happy that some of us contribute for free when it seem's that we seriously can sold most of the commits for money.
Yes some people asked me to buy pet system for 300€ and it's not even finished... Seriously just wait asking is counterproductive for people who contributes for free. Because we can take it differently

- We could start thinking about money and start private selling things (no more public commit)

- We could be bored by those fucking people and stop contributing (no more public commit)

- We could start thinking like the most part of this community make our own pserver and stop contributing publicly.
Thanks
1 User

« Suchevent 18.06.17 | Nostake Private Server ITA/ENG »