Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Neverwinter
You last visited: Today at 20:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Crafting bot

Discussion on Crafting bot within the Neverwinter forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 05/29/2013, 19:45   #16

elite*gold: 30
The Black Market: 127/0/2
I have FireFox 21.0. Yeah everything is in English I'am German but i use already the english gateway. By the way, thanks for the fast help.
Old 05/29/2013, 19:49   #17

elite*gold: 0
Ok, well you'll have to wait till I get home from work. I'll play around with that firefox version and see if there's anything different. I'll post back here tonight (it's late morning here) with a youtube tutorial and hopefully some answers for you as well.
Old 05/29/2013, 19:52   #18

elite*gold: 30
The Black Market: 127/0/2
Okay thanks
Old 05/29/2013, 21:31   #19

Took a look at the source, seems pretty legit. I have FireFox 21.0 as well so I will wait until you get it working with Fame before giving it a ago.
Old 05/30/2013, 05:18   #20

Hey, I checked the firefox version thing and Selenium supports up to 20 right now. So if you could try downgrading to 20 and giving it a shot, that would be great. I'll keep an eye out for Selenium updates, and as soon as they support v21 I'll update the jar.

I recorded a video tutorial, I'll post as soon as it's ready on Youtube.
Old 05/30/2013, 05:50   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadwolf View Post
Hey, I checked the firefox version thing and Selenium supports up to 20 right now. So if you could try downgrading to 20 and giving it a shot, that would be great. I'll keep an eye out for Selenium updates, and as soon as they support v21 I'll update the jar.

I recorded a video tutorial, I'll post as soon as it's ready on Youtube.
Sadly I can't downgrade as my code has to work with the latest and "greatest" of all browsers. :/ ( Believe me... it's friggen annoying )

Good code though dude... I am a DotNet developer and I haven't read Java written in the manner since the days of C... I hope you have a good career where people appreciate your engineering.
Old 05/30/2013, 07:25   #22

Thanks
Though I don't know how pretty the decompiled code is.

I'm writing some stuff in C# right now as well. Working on a project for a company that's implementing MS CRM 2011, and they need some custom plugins for it. I'm somewhat "fresh" though, as far as professional experience goes. Recently graduated.
Old 05/30/2013, 14:57   #23

Quote:
Starting a brand new run
Entering user name/pass
Going to professions screen
Starting tasks
Found 0 tasks in progress
Found 0 completed tasks. Collecting reward.
Rewards collected
Found 0 available slots for new tasks
Couldn't find any tasks, something looks wrong
Tasks crashed. Sleeping and restarting
Starting tasks
Rewards collected
Found 0 available slots for new tasks
Couldn't find any tasks, something looks wrong
Starting tasks
Found 2 tasks in progress
Found 1 completed tasks. Collecting reward.
Rewards collected
Found 1 available slots for new tasks
No task could be started. Crashing and re-trying
Either no tasks were added, or none of the tasks could be started (perhaps all assets are busy or you have no resources)
Starting tasks
Rewards collected
Either no tasks were added, or none of the tasks could be started (perhaps all assets are busy or you have no resources)
Starting tasks
Found 2 tasks in progress
Rewards collected
: Either no tasks were added, or none of the tasks could be started (perhaps all assets are busy or you have no resources)
Basically the first issue is that it logs in just fine but at character select screen it gets ahead of itself and it may be acting to quickly and can't find the character. I managed to manually get myself to the professions screen while the process rebooted and it collected the rewards just fine. But then it couldnt start the task by itself and it just instantly crashed and rebooted the browser.

EDIT: Upon further testing, i installed selenium by itself via firefox and it now finds the character and gets itself to the professions page but it can't start a task and crashes still. Also i noticed in your client that when i select platesmithing and save the task it actually doesnt save and auto resets to leadership profession. Maybe that can be the cause of all this?
Old 05/30/2013, 18:07   #24

Good work

Works well but doesn't seem to like certain asset names (mercenary) and for some reason after the bot has started a new task and goes into sleep mode, gateway goes to the 'can't find character screen' and puts the bot into a loop of doing nothing.
Old 05/30/2013, 20:47   #25

carniva:
Are you sure the character names are spelled properly? When it goes to the can't find character screen, can you copy the URL and paste it into another tab and see if it goes to the character?

shyguy:
I'll take a look. Haven't had any time to spend on this yesterday, but I'll work on it.
You are right that it doesn't seem to be updating profession type. That's certainly a bug. It seems to update properly if you assign to a character and then select it in the character list and update profession type, so that might be a temp work-around. I'll fix this ASAP. I've just been doing leadership stuff myself, so I haven't noticed it before

fame:
Have you tried with firefox 20? Also, after camstudio recorded my tutorial it was taking a long time to compress and eventually errored out for some reason. So I'll have to re-record. Last night the gateway was down, so I'll try again tonight.
Old 06/01/2013, 16:31   #26

i tested it and it goes on Professions page but cant find finished tasks and start new. Problem is maybe that the Buttons for me are still in german even if everything else is english. Like "Choose Task" is "Aufgabe auswählen". so the programm cant recognize it and restarts.
Old 06/02/2013, 10:03   #27

almost got it to work.

First i had an old java version which disabled the button functions, so after an update that fixed that .

the thing i'm now stuck at is that it wont start tasks.
it
  1. goes to the profession page
  2. sees an empty slot
  3. looks up the new task
  4. adds assets
  5. jumps down to start button
  6. doesnt start and reports:

Username*: Trying to start the task
Username*: Task started successfully (I think...)
Username*: All tasks completed. Sleeping.

*changed the username ofc

but the browser seems to stay in the start task screen, not starting the task.
anyone have an idea what might be the problem here?
Old 06/03/2013, 06:59   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobrukan View Post
i tested it and it goes on Professions page but cant find finished tasks and start new. Problem is maybe that the Buttons for me are still in german even if everything else is english. Like "Choose Task" is "Aufgabe auswählen". so the programm cant recognize it and restarts.
Yeah, sorry there is no support for other languages. I never really considered that when making it. It wouldn't be particularly hard to externalize strings so that you could enter your own text for what the buttons should say, I just haven't had any time at all lately to work on this, was moving to a new house this weekend. Hopefully next week I'll start working on it again and will add language support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetleharry View Post
almost got it to work.

First i had an old java version which disabled the button functions, so after an update that fixed that .

the thing i'm now stuck at is that it wont start tasks.
it
  1. goes to the profession page
  2. sees an empty slot
  3. looks up the new task
  4. adds assets
  5. jumps down to start button
  6. doesnt start and reports:

Username*: Trying to start the task
Username*: Task started successfully (I think...)
Username*: All tasks completed. Sleeping.

*changed the username ofc

but the browser seems to stay in the start task screen, not starting the task.
anyone have an idea what might be the problem here?
Can you check your firefox version? Sadly Selenium only supports up to 20 right now. I saw similar problems (not clicking the "start task" button) on versions 21 and 22. You'll have to downgrade and turn off automatic updates in firefox.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/03/2013, 08:30   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadwolf View Post
Can you check your firefox version? Sadly Selenium only supports up to 20 right now. I saw similar problems (not clicking the "start task" button) on versions 21 and 22. You'll have to downgrade and turn off automatic updates in firefox.
i've also downgraded to firefox 20.0.1, i'll try to find an even older version if i can and give that a try.

Thx for the reply
Old 06/04/2013, 00:05   #30

I uploaded a newer version that fixes the professions not selecting anything other than leadership.
Also, here's a 5min tutorial that shows me using it: