Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Cosmic NOS: The answer

Discussion on Cosmic NOS: The answer within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Cosmic NOS: The answer

Fellow NfS World racers!

For years, we have all seen the "cosmic NOS" cars in NFSW. So far, I have yet to find an answer based on the game files rather than people's observations.

To remedy this, I have opened the game files (build 1613) with NfS-VltEd; In pvehicle/default/cars/racers we can find five kinds of entries:
1. nos --> nos_top (911gt2)
2. no entry (911rsr74)
3. nos --> nos_top | nos --> nos_base | nos --> nos_top (a3)
4. nos --> default | nos --> nos_base | nos --> nos_top (alfaromeo8c)
5. nos --> starter | nos --> nos_base | nos --> nos_top (s5_stage1)

In the nos subfolder, entries for both nos_base and nos_top are found, they differ in the following:
nos_base: NOS_CAPACITY 2.5 TORQUE_BOOST 0.75
nos_top: NOS_CAPACITY 5 TORQUE_BOOST 1
starter: NOS_CAPACITY 40 TORQUE BOOST 1 (all other values 0)
default: all values 0

The cars with entries reading nos --> nos_top are the following:
- 911gt2
- 911gt3rs
- 991s
- 997gt2
- 997gt3
- 997gt3rs
- 997tt_stage1
- car1002 ... car1068 (some!)
- ccx
- ccxworld100
- diablo
- europa
- evora
- mclarenf1
- mclarenmp4
- murcielago640
- murcielago650
- murcielagosv
- veyron
- zonda
- zondaroadster
- camaron
- chevelle
- copcharger
- player_cop_corvette
- crowncop
- elcamino
- elcaminote
- gto
- mustangboss69
- mustangshlbyn
- roadrunner
- rtrx69
- zl1world100
- eclipseelite
- eclipse
- is300
- mr2

Given my experience in the game, it is fair to say that this is a plausible list for cars with "cosmic NOS".
However, some cars from the community list (notably the Reventon, Zonda Cinque, M1 Procar, M3 GTS, M3 E30) are missing; either because a suitable entry cannot be found (Reventon, Cinque) or they have values reading nos --> nos_top | nos --> nos_base | nos --> nos_top (M1 Procar, M3 GTS, M3 E30).

I am very thankful for further clarification on this issue!
Hopefully I was able to shed a ray of light into the dark magic of "cosmic NOS".

Best,
Underbird

Old 02/11/2019, 15:22   #2

Cars like the M1 Procar and Reventon are in the car1002-1068 list. These are the latest cars added into the game.

Thanks
1 User
Old Yesterday, 14:52   #3

Thank you very much, chung390!
Is there a way to relate the car____ entry to the respective cars?
The caraudio entry in the pvehicle file may be a way to do that, but I am unsure how reliable this is (e.g. the CCX is listed multiple times).

« Addind cars to SRW | - »