Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 02:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Exception caught in server 18

Discussion on Exception caught in server 18 within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exception caught in server 18

I used to launch NFSW offline without problem in Win 7 64bit, using server 18, but now, i'm not sure if Win 10 64bit is the problem or not, but while the server starts and the game is loading, i get an error as u can see in the pic, and when i reach the "press any key" screen and press it, the game freezes and closes after few seconds.

Any suggestion what could cause this error?

Java is updated, python is the suggested one, in few words, installation method and components are the same that work fine in previous versions of Windows.

Old 08/24/2017, 00:09   #2

elite*gold: 0
No need for some suggestion, i saw from previous threads that it has to do with rand.exe which obviously got removed from virus scan, curious though why no previous scans delete it. Anyway, problem solved for me at least.

« NFSW Online problem | NFS Offline Server wine »

Similar Threads
[BUGFIX]"Exception Caught!" | "rand.exe" disappears from "\nfsw-srv\www\server"
05/29/2016 - Need for Speed World - 0 Replies
Hey, I found another issue within the Offline Server for NFSW. This time it has to do with an executable file. I had reinstalled the nfsw-srv file, and that seemed to fix the Exception Caught! error that I had reported yesterday... the "rand.exe" file was not in its appropriate folder. This time, I had gotten the error again, and I checked in the folder in which the "rand.exe" file was supposed to be in... it was missing again. It seems like "rand.exe" either deletes itself or it...
Exception Caught Error
05/29/2016 - Need for Speed World - 9 Replies
Following Problem, I updated nfsw offline to 1.8 Now when i start nfsw with the offline launcher it opens the game and then it cames this on the screenshot. But the game doesn't crash and i can play the game. Second problem is that when i want to buy a carslot it cames "out of memory" and the game crashes Help?
Black ops 2 " Error during initialization unhandled exception caught " Hilfe !!!
10/22/2013 - Technical Support - 6 Replies
Jetzt hab ich noch ein Scheis Problem !!! Hab steam wieder deinstalliert und hab davor den Steamapp Ordner rausgeholt damit ich nicht alles neu installieren muss, Hab mir Steam neuinstalliert und den order reingesellt, Und jetzt startet Black ops 2 nicht mehr: http://i.epvpimg.com/vwAUf.png
bo2 funktioniert nicht mehr (Unhanded exception caught)
05/16/2013 - Call of Duty - 3 Replies
immer wenn ich bo2 starten will kommt der lade bildschirm der sich nach wenigen sekunden aufhängt später kommt dann das http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1563/unbenanntbip.png