Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 23:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Need For Speed Universe [Pre-Alpha]

Discussion on Need For Speed Universe [Pre-Alpha] within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 05/07/2017, 09:49   #61

elite*gold: 0
It's a nice game, I really like it, but you should add some support for people with lesser computers.
( It lags, a lot)

Old 05/09/2017, 17:52   #62

This is amazing. I wish you could keep all place names and vehicle names same, but i understand that its under copyright, so oh well. But overall the game looks amazing from making it by yourself. Keep it up👍

Old 05/11/2017, 23:14   #63

Lightbulb Update 2

Video update: Car exclusive tuning, custom made collision, + more!

Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/12/2017, 10:15   #64

Hometown == nostalgia overload <3

If I may suggest, I would suggest bringing one map to a mostly finished state (most areas done) before working on another. As it stands, Rockport is just one small bit of a highway. Olympic City looks much better but still, seeing a map (Rockport) that's not even 1% done is a bit of a turn-off.

I'll be definitely giving this a shot but later, when I can actually drive somewhere without falling off the map!

Old 05/13/2017, 00:15   #65

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorfitoWorld View Post
It's a nice game, I really like it, but you should add some support for people with lesser computers.
( It lags, a lot)
Hey, there are video settings you can adjust in game in the pause menu ( not sure if you saw these. ) Otherwise, future updates will be bringing more optimization fixes, and more video options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaratha View Post
If I may suggest, I would suggest bringing one map to a mostly finished state (most areas done) before working on another.

I'll be definitely giving this a shot but later, when I can actually drive somewhere without falling off the map!
Yep, that's what i plan on doing .

Right now, Rockport is considered the "test map" for now, and I'm going in order of NFS games, Underground -> Underground 2 -> Most Wanted -> Carbon etc. So Olympic City will be finished first, I'm working on it as I post this
Old 05/13/2017, 07:33   #66

Awesome!!!!
Old 05/14/2017, 05:32   #67

10/10
Old 05/20/2017, 21:35   #68

New Build Release (v3)

New build release. TONS of optimization fixes. If you've already tested and have run into performance issues please play test the new build.

If you wish to help out with the game, send me your performance and specs with this new build, it will help me to make fixes for my audience.

Edit: Download links updated.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/28/2017, 20:54   #69

Don't you think using the Need For Speed name could block you for copyright issues one day?

I mean it's not like I have des for another name... but we could just think of something else
Old 05/29/2017, 23:33   #70

Hello there. I'm a long-time fan of the series. Your enthusiasm really brings me back memories... I only started playing NFSW right after the Lamborghini Murcielago update in 2011, when things started going downhill for free players. I'm the one who did Unlock All Tracks V3 mod for the offline server - I wonder if are there people here who still use them? Lost my interest as well, and it looks like no-one bothered to develop an alternative to NFSW, another free-to-play, free roam world street racing game.

So I like your idea. It's hard work and I'm sure it could take years for you to even get to the UC map. As some people here say, you may get in trouble even just for using same cities. But at least that shouldn't be such a big worry. All of the cities in these series are loosely based on elements of real-life cities in North America.

If I can help you in any way, that could be geography and track designing. Being unsatisfied with how few tracks there are in NFSW, I made a blog with my own possible track variations. So I could do more variations for Bayview too - and Olympic City, if you also try to model the streets which are not used by any track, so the devs didn't develop them at the time (hence no free roam - sadly, the drag tracks were also designed without taking this into account, they don't really fit on the map). Tri-City Bay already has many, almost all possible variations.

Wait, you are not planning free roam in between cities yet, right? It would have been interesting - and not impossible - to reconnect Rockport and Palmont in a different way. The problem might be how big the map can be used without affecting the whole game. But if it can be solved, there can be bigger distance between Rockport and Palmont (in between them there were canyons, but they made shorter connection roads for obvious reasons), so you could put canyons and San Juan too there. I know, just dreaming with eyes wide open right now.

If or when you will need more imaginative/realistic names for reverse tracks or want more fancy alternative track ideas, I can give a helping hand. Ok, now I'll try to run your build... Wish you all the best.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/31/2017, 02:27   #71

Lightbulb Update 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleroyBoch View Post

If I can help you in any way, that could be geography and track designing.

Wait, you are not planning free roam in between cities yet, right? It would have been interesting - and not impossible - to reconnect Rockport and Palmont in a different way.

If or when you will need more imaginative/realistic names for reverse tracks or want more fancy alternative track ideas, I can give a helping hand. Ok, now I'll try to run your build... Wish you all the best.
Thank you for the kind words and offer to help .

I am planning to connect the cities, yeah; I've already gone ahead and added a few roads in my map to connect existing assets to make them no longer look "cut" since I'm working with sections of map at a time.

So i can add any roads I want, anywhere I want. The drag tracks will mostly be placed without interfering with the maps layout, and there's a lot of other things to take into account .

If you would like to speak with me directly, you could always PM me, or join the Universe discord server (It's in the description of my YouTube videos and I'll add it to the OP in this thread). Thanks!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/23/2017, 00:11   #72

Lightbulb Build v4 Trailer

Update: Released a preview for the next update to the game. Will update this post when the build is released.

Old 06/23/2017, 06:57   #73

Hello!
I just started following your project and I really hope there will be no copyright issues and eventually this will reach a version that you'll hope it's 'final'.
Keep up the good work and thank you for investing your time in this!

Offtopic @: Actually I just left you a message on this forum regarding your UnlockAllTracks mod because it seems it's not working with the Offline Server v1.9.3. So...yeah, there are still some people using it
Old 07/24/2017, 13:23   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiTz View Post
Offtopic @: Actually I just left you a message on this forum regarding your UnlockAllTracks mod because it seems it's not working with the Offline Server v1.9.3. So...yeah, there are still some people using it
It couldn't work without decompiling the server of Keule
Old 08/02/2017, 17:39   #75

can I ask what are the soundtracks used here ? what'S that "garage music" on NFSU environement

« How to bypass vinyl limit in NFSW? | Drift Trainer »