Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFS World Request

Discussion on NFS World Request within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation NFS World Request

(I know this isn't helpful to anyone, just ideas. :P)
If the creator of NFS world offline is reading, Take note. :3
So we have NFS world offline, right? Well, if you can do that, shouldn't we be able to make it online? I mean.. it shouldn't be to hard. But I have ideas for it
- Make the money method, starting method same, but keep everything same except for the online, so we don't need to work for the cars.
- Make the common files editable (EX. Change headlight colors, HUD colors, sky colors, ETC
-Make mods legal. (I mean as long as they don't harm others)
-Daily updates
-in game admins. (I mean I would volunteer..
- Maybe add cars yourself?? (I mean if you're that advanced)
IDK. :/ These are my thoughts
I am sorry for my lack of good english. I'm German.
Thanks for reading, have a nice day. ^~^

Old 09/19/2016, 03:15   #2

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javlaha View Post
(I know this isn't helpful to anyone, just ideas. :P)
If the creator of NFS world offline is reading, Take note. :3
So we have NFS world offline, right? Well, if you can do that, shouldn't we be able to make it online? I mean.. it shouldn't be to hard. But I have ideas for it
Yeah, you see, it doesn't quite work like that.
The offline server is just a local server emulator that helps you play NFS: World locally. An online server on the other hand, or a private server, is completely the opposite of that. You don't need proper Http, Xmpp and Udp servers to play offline, in fact you can just get away with sending/receiving plain text to/from a port; however, that doesn't apply to online servers. They need proper Http-sessions, anti-fraud systems (so that other people can't login to your account), xmpp server with anti-spam protection, and most of all, a fully working fail-safe Udp server. In the soapbox module, we have managed to sort of do the Http and the Xmpp part, but the Udp is only partially done. Similar to everyone else browsing here, us developers also have a life; we are not code monkeys munching keys non-stop. In the end, we can't get a clean, stable and easy to use server out without further help. Me and @, at least I think, are kind of 'bored' with NFS: World. Talking for myself, I'm only doing what I'm doing just to get better at it.

TL;DR: An online server isn't easy to do. It would require serious amounts of work for us, currently with 2 people on-board, to finish it. The state of got as far as it could, we need actual coders/net masters/crackers to progress more.

--

As for your other questions or suggestions, they needn't a solution without progressing the Udp server. Also a note: Although NFS: World is made to seem like a 'fully online' game, most of the important server relations are done client side. So, stuff like in-game admins or moderators, or a different economy system, is pretty hard, if not impossible, to do. Time will show what can be done.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/19/2016, 03:23   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
Yeah, you see, it doesn't quite work like that.
The offline server is just a local server emulator that helps you play NFS: World locally. An online server on the other hand, or a private server, is completely the opposite of that. You don't need proper Http, Xmpp and Udp servers to play offline, in fact you can just get away with sending/receiving plain text to/from a port; however, that doesn't apply to online servers. They need proper Http-sessions, anti-fraud systems (so that other people can't login to your account), xmpp server with anti-spam protection, and most of all, a fully working fail-safe Udp server. In the soapbox module, we have managed to sort of do the Http and the Xmpp part, but the Udp is only partially done. Similar to everyone else browsing here, us developers also have a life; we are not code monkeys munching keys non-stop. In the end, we can't get a clean, stable and easy to use server out without further help. Me and @, at least I think, are kind of 'bored' with NFS: World. Talking for myself, I'm only doing what I'm doing just to get better at it.

TL;DR: An online server isn't easy to do. It would require serious amounts of work for us, currently with 2 people on-board, to finish it. The state of got as far as it could, we need actual coders/net masters/crackers to progress more.

--

As for your other questions or suggestions, they needn't a solution without progressing the Udp server. Also a note: Although NFS: World is made to seem like a 'fully online' game, most of the important server relations are done client side. So, stuff like in-game admins or moderators, or a different economy system, is pretty hard, if not impossible, to do. Time will show what can be done.
Yeah. If you get a group of coders to work when you're not there. I think you guys can do it. I believe you are able to pull it off. I mean, maybe a site for you to make a theft system that NFS reborn users can log onto, confirm stuff, and like that. So basically you need to transfer the game over to an online thing (IDK what it's called) Little do I know. I just hope ONE day this can happen. NFS was my life.
Old 09/19/2016, 03:29   #4

Quote:
Yeah. If you get a group of coders to work when you're not there. I think you guys can do it. I believe you are able to pull it off. I mean, maybe a site for you to make a theft system that NFS reborn users can log onto, confirm stuff, and like that. So basically you need to transfer the game over to an online thing (IDK what it's called) Little do I know. I just hope ONE day this can happen. NFS was my life.
I've understood what you're trying to say. The problem is already that no other net-developers are showing up, though.

In the meantime, there are some triple-A alternatives like:
  • The Crew (it's actually free right now, google UBI30)
  • Need for Speed (2015)
  • Forza Horizon
  • etc..

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/19/2016, 03:35   #5

Quote:
I've understood what you're trying to say. The problem is already that no other net-developers are showing up, though.

In the meantime, there are some triple-A alternatives like:
  • The Crew (it's actually free right now, google UBI30)
  • Need for Speed (2015)
  • Forza Horizon
  • etc..
Yeah but it'll never be the same as NFS:W
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/20/2016, 04:27   #6

Quote:
Yeah but it'll never be the same as NFS:W
I agree, but the sad reality is is that those of us who want this in comparison to other racing games is very very small. I've said it before and i'll say it again, at the end of the day we have the offline server. You will always be able to start the game up and see your cars again, there's no way they can be simply nonexistant now.

But hey, not all hope is lost. Maybe there will be more people capable enough to step up and help with online. Right now I'm just looking forward to the new offline server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/20/2016, 05:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post
I agree, but the sad reality is is that those of us who want this in comparison to other racing games is very very small. I've said it before and i'll say it again, at the end of the day we have the offline server. You will always be able to start the game up and see your cars again, there's no way they can be simply nonexistant now.

But hey, not all hope is lost. Maybe there will be more people capable enough to step up and help with online. Right now I'm just looking forward to the new offline server.
Yeah, I can't complain, at least there is offline. But **** I want online. >
Old 09/20/2016, 12:51   #8

You want online soon? If you are an expert on UDP protocols or C# language or maybe a your friend, please check this commits on guthub and send pull request:
Old 09/20/2016, 12:53   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post

I've finished the catalog and basket packs first in the addon manager just for you People will be able select from different catalogs/baskets and so much more after I'm fully done. I'm going as far as to allowing custom memory patches, so that you could force manual transmission or disable cooldowns on powerups, for example.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 09/20/2016, 14:26   #10

Let's rekt this a bit more ( Just kidding ) :

Quote:
- Make the common files editable (EX. Change headlight colors, HUD colors, sky colors, ETC
-Make mods legal. (I mean as long as they don't harm others)
-Daily updates
- Maybe add cars yourself?? (I mean if you're that advanced)
- Common files editable : You can do it with Vlt-Ed if you know what you do.

- Hud and sky colors : it's mostly a texture edition. You can't rip them like that , you need to use a software + the right setup to do that. More over the small amount of software ( Umod.exe ) are only able to use the edited textures in a pack , and not in the original texture archive.

- Mods : edited files. If someone has a modification , and the others not, it is already considered as cheating. So no.

- Daily updates : as berkay already explained to you , if you're able to retrieve the useful data server , and everything that comes up with it, so it's okay.

- adding cars : The geometry files aren't editable at the moment, and that counts for all files.
And for re-adding cars that had been deleted when new updates came , you need to do the whole re-converting process , and at that moment , you can actually rip the models + textures and using them for other games , but there are no ModTools for NFS World. Advanced or not, you simply can't do that.
And I don't even mention to add all the necessary lines related to manufacturer , performance and so on...
Old 09/20/2016, 15:56   #11

Quote:
I've finished the catalog and basket packs first in the addon manager just for you People will be able select from different catalogs/baskets and so much more after I'm fully done. I'm going as far as to allowing custom memory patches, so that you could force manual transmission or disable cooldowns on powerups, for example.
Thanks man! Thats awesome, this is going to be epic once you're finished

I'm thinking of repricing all the cars again so they're even cheaper. I'm considering making some special edition cars speedboost only hence why I requested those ideas to you yesterday.
Old 09/21/2016, 01:01   #12

Is anyone able to send me a modded HUD file? EX: Modded Map colors, headlights, ETC; Like what a CFW PS3 would have. Thanks. If not I will be okay, ;3
Old 09/21/2016, 13:58   #13

Quote:
Is anyone able to send me a modded HUD file? EX: Modded Map colors, headlights, ETC; Like what a CFW PS3 would have. Thanks. If not I will be okay, ;3
You can actually modify the map. This is the only thing that could be edited without any problem , as far as I know.
Old 10/20/2016, 17:54   #14

theres anyone have a working link it will help )

Tags
needforspeed, nfs, nfsoffline, nfsworld, nfswreborn

« Guess what we have particles baby!! lol | Help NFSWO »