Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 06:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFSW private server project

Discussion on NFSW private server project within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 04/20/2016, 03:43   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
My guess, collisions are calculated by nfsw client, not server.

First, i will make something like "racing alone", players playing against each other but can't see each, only in finish line at scoreboard.

About the collisions, we will need a hack at client side.
Even racing alone but with other people would be cool. Like a time trial race. You don't know what position you're in and you don't know if your have a lead or if you've fallen behind so you have to go hard through the entire race. Though I realise i'm getting ahead of myself.

Ok, so I know this is off topic and I won't do this again but I'd appreciate it if you and Berkay could read this if you find the time. It's regarding community cars I would like to add to a mod I made.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/20/2016, 10:12   #17

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
I think we can sort of manage time attack races right now. Actually, no, I know that time trials can happen right this second. I just need to fix my env(yea I broke literally everything), learn the pattern of Nilzao's coding and then work on time trials. You will not see each other, but at least you guys will be able to race.
Thanks
10 Users
Old 04/20/2016, 11:46   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
I think we can sort of manage time attack races right now. Actually, no, I know that time trials can happen right this second. I just need to fix my env(yea I broke literally everything), learn the pattern of Nilzao's coding and then work on time trials. You will not see each other, but at least you guys will be able to race.
Would be so awesome to have in the meantime. Looking forward to it.
Old 04/20/2016, 14:29   #19

Nice to hear that you will work together with Nilzao. You become a great "Dream Team" I think. Do we have to start from the beginning then (Level 1 with new account)? Make sense, I guess.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2016, 14:30   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post
Ok, so I know this is off topic and I won't do this again but I'd appreciate it if you and Berkay could read this if you find the time. It's regarding community cars I would like to add to a mod I made.
I will think in something to "import" mods/cars to the server parsing the xml files to the server database, next commit I put it on roadmap
Thanks
5 Users
Old 04/20/2016, 15:14   #21

So, I fixed my env and can debug again (yay). I will host a test server on my own PC through a public DNS when I can get a test build out for time trials, will post the full URL here so that you guys can connect to it and test it. However, it will probably be laggy since my up speed is like 50kb/s D:

I think I will probably ship a semi-client manager to ensure correct race timings, might just skip nfs:w event timings at first and display results on the manager instead. This is easier and more debug-able for something new. I'm still not sure though, I'll keep you guys noted.
Thanks
8 Users
Old 04/20/2016, 16:15   #22

What the hay? You repair the whole thing you needed months before?
Wow, you're genuis, dude.

Thanks for letting us know about the status from your server-process.
Old 04/20/2016, 22:40   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post
Hey Nilzao, I'm just wondering if you'd ever consider turning off collisions with some races. It would be cool to be able to do some races which come down to skill and skill alone. Plus there will be a few of us who have a slow connection which results in us in getting hit by players who didn't actually hit you.
Thanks dude!
Trackmania... (sry, that's the first thing that pops up in my mind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
My guess, collisions are calculated by nfsw client, not server.

First, i will make something like "racing alone", players playing against each other but can't see each, only in finish line at scoreboard.

About the collisions, we will need a hack at client side.
If someone knows what file in happens to be in, I might be able to help. (might cause HP2 has a similar file structure)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfoorcee View Post
EN: This is already possible, in Online did that, if people are using the Hack Ghost Mode, they cross each other

BR: Isso já é possível, no Online fazia isso, se as pessoas estiverem usando o Hack do Ghost Mode, elas se atravessam
We need some way to set lobbies both with and without collision detection.
(And an extra unregulated one for emergent gameplay, to act as a sandbox)

In a nutshell, the lobbies should be determined by collision detection on or off, and experimental.
It's not fair to use ghost mode to ram people minding their own business racing with and against other people on friendly terms - and are following the spirit of the original game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2016, 00:34   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
We need some way to set lobbies both with and without collision detection.
(And an extra unregulated one for emergent gameplay, to act as a sandbox)

In a nutshell, the lobbies should be determined by collision detection on or off, and experimental.
It's not fair to use ghost mode to ram people minding their own business racing with and against other people on friendly terms - and are following the spirit of the original game.
Yea... want to be able to do this again with my crew and family UKR.

Side note: This was my last ram in NFSW, 13 minutes before its shutdown.
Old 04/21/2016, 12:00   #25

Oh, don't start with this **** again. Let alone the fact that it is too early to even bu sure that the server will be portable, we don't even have a UDP-server right now. Stop.
Thanks
10 Users
Old 04/21/2016, 16:34   #26

so. You did it berkay. Good job. So we don't need anymore the offline server 1.8 right?
Old 04/21/2016, 16:42   #27

@: Well, I wouldn't say that. Cause maybe you want to drive alone or want to "play" with the "Offline-Server", so a development-stop of that wouldn't be that great.
Ok, an "Online-server" is an amazing thing, but you have stick to it - you know what I mean.

Anyway, I also looking forward to the Online-server from Berkay and Nilzao.
Old 04/21/2016, 18:03   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnksKings UKR View Post
@Nizlao
lel
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/22/2016, 00:58   #29

@:

In reference to

The improvement to my quality of life that you and your work has given me is indescribable.

In short: I will learn how to; and you sir, shall have your bit coin to the best of my capacity!

Once again, thank you for everything, and I wish you nothing but the best in any endeavor you choose pursue!

Griff (Grundoon)
Old 04/22/2016, 02:35   #30

Thumbs up Introducing myself for the project

Hi all.

First of all, I must say I've just registered here because I'm interested in the previously called "Project Reborn". I'm a huge fan of NFS World and the decission EA took was (completely in EA style) totally wrong; closing a game which had millions of players only because "new NFS was coming" was pathetic. They even said "the game doesnt fit in the standards of the actual NFS franchise"... Just look at these pictures to see how "outdated" the game is!

Obviously after the "End of the World" I started searching for mods/private servers/etc and inmediately I found you! The excellent job who @Berkay2578 did with the offline server. After that I followed the progress of the project weekly, waiting to see results. Then the "Project Reborn" was cancelled and I felt very upset, but when I saw yesterday the new merging...I finally registered because I sincerely want to help.

I have a Youtube channel (Called Gustingorriz too) and one of its main purposes is giving tutorials, news and gameplays about NFSWO to all the hispanic community (I'm from Spain). I did some tutos and they were very succesfull, so I think I can help with translations, videos, image edition and stuff like that!

And for sure, I'd love join the beta tests: I have a 100 Mb internet connection and NFSW installed and ready! I know it isnt easy, but I'm very patient and can give you feedback!

Finally, thanks again for all the job you've done until today and remind you my big desire to help!

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nfsw004.jpg (518.6 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg nfsw002.jpg (707.0 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg nfsw005.jpg (719.0 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg nfsw009.jpg (499.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg nfsw007.jpg (414.1 KB, 141 views)