Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Old track id's

Discussion on Old track id's within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Old track id's and old stuff in World

Here is a list of old track ids, probably from 2010 or 2011. I don't recall the original source for these. Some of these are events that weren't released back then and may have never been released. Some of these could be run, like some of the team escapes, but they were different then and some of them like cop test, no longer work.

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2015, 12:02   #2

Dude, you could have put this in the existing Unlock All Tracks thread... :P But nevermind. Thanks anyway for this, I was wondering how an older index would look like.

Here's the results of a comparison with the current index:
58 Clubhouse, 68 Skyline Avenue, 69 University Way, 70 Welcome to Oktoberfest, 73 Dover Street, 74 Top Gear Challenge, 75 Ghostwood (which were already duplicated) might be different tracks from those with the same titles, but we may not know (anymore?), they crash if you try to play them. 59 West Park & Forest was there already.

Tracks 89-91, 96, 99-103, 107, 112-116, 119, 122-129, 132, 136-143, 150-156, 161-165, 167, 171-174, 178-183, 185-194, 199-202, 205-208, 210, 214-217, 222, 227-232, 234, 236-239, 244-250, 252-261, 262-267, 281, 283-284, 301, 315, 319-320, 334, 339-343, 353, 380, 382-391 are missing from this old index. (events at 498-535 were probably not made yet) Most probable explanation is that they did exist, but whoever hacked into the game and made this index back then was not aware that a track doesn't need a name string in order to exist. There is no Unlocalized String event in this list that you posted and almost every id I have mentioned above are Unlocalized String events.

60 Meeting Place Hickley Field is now called Stadium.

220 Camden & Ironwood, 285 Omega Industries, 286 Campbell Tunnel and 316 Chancellor & Campus are empty tracks. Same goes with this interesting row (which we cannot currently check, but these names don't tell anything about their actual content): 318 Bay Bridge, 321 Little Italy, 322 Chancellor & Campus, 323 Campbell Tunnel, 324 Camden & Ironwood, 325 Track63, 328 Mason Street, 329 Bay Bridge, 335 North Bellezza, 345 Heritage & Campus, 346 Oil Refinery, 349 Seagate & Camden, 352 Heritage & Campus.

Also, 240 Stadium and 241 Chinatown Delivery, in spite of the names, might be what we already know: two duplicates of Bowen Avenue and Eskuri Way that are part of the former Challenge series in Carbon. As for the tracks that don't have an accesible launch event: 268 Rosewood Arena is now the Highway 142 Sprint, 269 Old Quarter (tutorial) is Around the World (Palmont Loop), 270 Chicken Run is Downtown Tunnel, 336 Financial District is Wyle Center, 337 Beachfront is Bellezza, 338 West Park & Lyons is Kempton Foundry.

361 Gen Test, 363 Team Escape Rhino Test, 364 Team Escape RBlock Test, 365 Team Escape Cop Test have been deleted.

In the final build there is 369 Test Circuit/Rockport Square (no Unlocalized String in the name), but not here.

Disappointing, but this list of yours (I wonder if it actually is from 2011) looks even closer to the final game than I expected. Not many differences.

By the way, beginning with team escapes, every new event has been added to "gpcore.bin" instead of making a .bin for every track.
Old 09/23/2015, 14:06   #3

I left out the unlocalized string and track ### id's before, they're included in the list below.

The date I have for these id's is Feb, 2011, but it may have originated back in late 2010, perhaps a google spreadsheet. Back then there were event loader hacks, and some players actually tested all of these, reporting if they worked or not or what they were.

I'm not sure why there are multiple id's of tracks like Campbell Tunnel.

>Hickley Field is now called Stadium.
Which is wrong, but it's always been that way in World. In Most Wanted, the Stadium is the larger structure on the other side of Hwy 99 from Hickley Field. Nearby road signs on Hwy 99 in both Most Wanted and World indicate that Hickley Field and the Stadium are not the same.

Testers reported that the drag events could be driven like sprints (no manual shift), but there was some issue with the finish. The team escapes worked, but had different layouts. Near the end of the old Late Departure went through the hilltop alleyway, that Most Wanted now uses, but in the other direction. There should be youtube videos for some of these, at least the team escapes.

The tracks labeled (icon), probably had circles with arrows like you see with the unlock all tracks maps. There was also a mystery circle with arrow out of bounds in the south west part of the map in the water, but that may be part of the unlock all track map now. In Carbon, there's a red line at about the same spot.

Trivia - Three Most Wanted lap knockout tracks were in the March 5, 2010 beta, but never appeared again in the game: College Switchback (which is not the same as Hospital Switchback), Rosewood College, Rosewood Drive. Also in the March 5, 2010 beta, Campus Interchange was 7 laps, taking close to 20 minutes to run in the BMW.

The original plan for drag mode based on version 4 map, was to use the never completed area linking Kempton, Palmont, and Rockport, using a runway for the drag mode, similar to the airport URL area in Underground 2. The runway was never made, but one of the partially completed connector roads could be driven on. This was changed in version 5, and what might have been a runway ended up as a 6 lane road with railroad tracks on each side, and 2 lane roads above the railroad tracks. Jumps were also added. All the visual stuff was completed, but nothing can be driven on anymore.

In one or two of the released versions of World, the canyons showed up on the mini-map when out of bounds, but couldn't be seen from in game or from the main map.

Old 09/23/2015, 15:20   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstdmy View Post
The date I have for these id's is Feb, 2011, but it may have originated back in late 2010, perhaps a google spreadsheet. Back then there were event loader hacks, and some players actually tested all of these, reporting if they worked or not or what they were.

I'm not sure why there are multiple id's of tracks like Campbell Tunnel.
They aren't all Campbell Tunnel or Bay Bridge, it's just the names that keep repeating. Why did they leave some of the tracks titled like that and most of the other tracks don't have a proper name? We don't know.

Quote:
>Hickley Field is now called Stadium.
Which is wrong, but it's always been that way in World. In Most Wanted, the Stadium is the larger structure on the other side of Hwy 99 from Hickley Field. Nearby road signs on Hwy 99 in both Most Wanted and World indicate that Hickley Field and the Stadium are not the same.
Dude, Hickey Field IS a Stadium. The larger structure is a stadium too - it's called Highlanders Stadium. They are both stadiums - at least that would be verified by the fact Stadium & Hwy 99 starts next to Highlanders and Stadium & Chase next to Hickley, yet they both have Stadium in the title. (However, there's no Stadium where Stadium & Hwy 1 is - and that is a problem since MW. And even if you look at the unreleased Union Row & Hwy 1... you still can't figure out what road is exactly Hwy 1).

Quote:
Testers reported that the drag events could be driven like sprints (no manual shift), but there was some issue with the finish. The team escapes worked, but had different layouts. Near the end of the old Late Departure went through the hilltop alleyway, that Most Wanted now uses, but in the other direction. There should be youtube videos for some of these, at least the team escapes.

The tracks labeled (icon), probably had circles with arrows like you see with the unlock all tracks maps. There was also a mystery circle with arrow out of bounds in the south west part of the map in the water, but that may be part of the unlock all track map now. In Carbon, there's a red line at about the same spot.
The "mystery circle" is now called X event cluster - as it is not one, but a sum of about 50-100 events stashed on top of another - some of them use that symbol, others use regular event icons (circuit, sprint and... drag! Unreleased drag tracks actually have drag functionality now, with the exception of track 232).

Quote:
Trivia - Three Most Wanted lap knockout tracks were in the March 5, 2010 beta, but never appeared again in the game: College Switchback (which is not the same as Hospital Switchback), Rosewood College, Rosewood Drive. Also in the March 5, 2010 beta, Campus Interchange was 7 laps, taking close to 20 minutes to run in the BMW.
Rubbish, Rosewood College remained in the game, it was a level 43 or 45 track. You probably mean College Loop. I put this and College Switchback/ Rosewood Drive in the unreleased tracks category.

Quote:
The original plan for drag mode based on version 4 map, was to use the never completed area linking Kempton, Palmont, and Rockport, using a runway for the drag mode, similar to the airport URL area in Underground 2. The runway was never made, but one of the partially completed connector roads could be driven on. This was changed in version 5, and what might have been a runway ended up as a 6 lane road with railroad tracks on each side, and 2 lane roads above the railroad tracks. Jumps were also added. All the visual stuff was completed, but nothing can be driven on anymore.
Sadly.

Quote:
In one or two of the released versions of World, the canyons showed up on the mini-map when out of bounds, but couldn't be seen from in game or from the main map.
Probably the same version in which one could see a mini-map of San Juan - obviously Carbon data that was copy-pasted.

(I wish they had at least put in game San Juan and canyons with only night textures from Carbon - who knows how many years it gonna take when - if - we'll be able to insert anything like this in World...)
Old 09/23/2015, 23:42   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleroyBoch View Post
Stadium & Hwy 99 starts next to Highlanders and Stadium & Chase next to Hickley, yet they both have Stadium in the title.
For most (but not all) sprint events in Most Wanted, street names are used for the event name. For some of the events, the location is used for the name, like Camden, Rosewood, or some nearby spot, like College or Stadium. If doing a pursuit in Most Wanted (or Carbon), you sometimes hear the names of streets called out by the dispatcher, usually when you go into evade mode or if you hit a traffic car in free roam while not in pursuit mode. I think in the case of Most Wanted, there was a map made with names for most of the streets, but I can't find it anymore.

The signs in Most Wanted and World show Hickley Field and Highlander Stadium, but I don't recall if Most Wanted's dispatcher had a separate name for Hickley Field.

For World, the street names are from Undercover, like Alena, Gusa, Hwy 85, ... , since all the police chatter is from Undercover. In some cases, the developers tried to get some of the names to make sense, like the spill way or aqueduct for Lower Rockport.

World changed some of Most Wanted's sprint names that use locations (like Camden or Rosewood) instead of street names, to use street names (Camden & Fisher became Station & Fisher). One mistake is that World's State & Warrent is really Most Wanted's Beach & Chancellor, and Most Wanted's State & Warrent isn't in World.

Quote:
The "mystery circle" is now called X event cluster - as it is not one, but a sum of about 50-100 events stashed on top of another.
The strange thing is that at about the same spot in Carbon, there's a red line (some call it a mystery finish line).

Quote:
Rosewood College remained in the game, it was a level 43 or 45 track. You probably mean College Loop. I put this and College Switchback/ Rosewood Drive in the unreleased tracks category.
The fourth former lap knockout track in the March 5, 2010 beta was Chancellor Way, did that make it into the game? I had the impression that 3 of the 4 former lap knockout tracks in the March 5 beta never appeared again.

Quote:
Canyons visible in mini-map
Quote:
Probably the same version in which one could see a mini-map of San Juan - obviously Carbon data that was copy-pasted.
The Carbon locations for canyons and San Juan are too far away from the main map to be seen in World, it crash if you try to drive that far.

The canyons that were visible in the mini-map were the ones that World's dev team were working on, and would have connected north Fortuna to west Silverton, and it's in this area that they could be seen in the mini-map for a while. EA claimed the canyons were 90+% done in one of the Ask Marc videos (7 canyons were to be used).

In version 4, in that same area, the original garage, a lake house/garage (never released), the new garage, and the profile cylinder (when you look at a profile, the cars are displayed from inside that cylinder), were in the north west part of the map. The lake house and original garage got updates, but in version 5 (November, 2010), they were removed.
Old 09/24/2015, 13:51   #6

Quote:
For most (but not all) sprint events in Most Wanted, street names are used for the event name. For some of the events, the location is used for the name, like Camden, Rosewood, or some nearby spot, like College or Stadium.
I think you mean landmarks instead of "locations".

Quote:
World changed some of Most Wanted's sprint names that use locations (like Camden or Rosewood) instead of street names, to use street names (Camden & Fisher became Station & Fisher). One mistake is that World's State & Warrent is really Most Wanted's Beach & Chancellor, and Most Wanted's State & Warrent isn't in World.
No, dude, State & Warrent is in World, but as an unreleased track (id 134).

Quote:
The strange thing is that at about the same spot in Carbon, there's a red line (some call it a mystery finish line).
Everyone here knows about this - at least everyone who's into the finding out the secrets of these NFS games.

Quote:
The fourth former lap knockout track in the March 5, 2010 beta was Chancellor Way, did that make it into the game? I had the impression that 3 of the 4 former lap knockout tracks in the March 5 beta never appeared again.
No, Chancellor Way didn't make it into the game either, both it and College Switchback now have pink (purple) dots on the map, near Rosewood College.

Quote:
The Carbon locations for canyons and San Juan are too far away from the main map to be seen in World, it crash if you try to drive that far.

The canyons that were visible in the mini-map were the ones that World's dev team were working on, and would have connected north Fortuna to west Silverton, and it's in this area that they could be seen in the mini-map for a while. EA claimed the canyons were 90+% done in one of the Ask Marc videos (7 canyons were to be used).
The canyons were scrapped when they decided to remove Eagle Canyon sign...

Quote:
In version 4, in that same area, the original garage, a lake house/garage (never released), the new garage, and the profile cylinder (when you look at a profile, the cars are displayed from inside that cylinder), were in the north west part of the map. The lake house and original garage got updates, but in version 5 (November, 2010), they were removed.
I think everything was removed, but I may be wrong.
Old 09/25/2015, 13:53   #7

Quote:
Hickley Field .. Stadium
I did a short pursuit in Most Wanted, evading in Hickley Field. The police dispatcher is heard to say " ... last seen driving by Hickley Field". I did another pursuit, evading next to the Highlander Stadium and the police dispatcher is heard to say " ... last seen driving near the Stadium interchange". So in Most Wanted, there are separate names for Hickley Field and Stadium interchange. In Most Wanted, if you hit an object or traffic vehicle while speeding, you'll hear the dispatcher describe your car and your location (which is another way to get the name of a location), which will lead to a pursuit the next time a cop sees your car.

Quote:
I think you mean landmarks instead of "locations".
Camden or Rosewood would be locations. College, Campus, aqueduct would be landmarks. It's not clear if Stadium in track events is a street name or Highlander Stadium. I'm wondering is Stadium and Hwy 1 should have been named Station & Hwy 1.

Based on the fact that World renamed some of the sprint events to include street names, the developers at least had a map with the street names. Again I recall seeing such a map online, but don't remember where.

Quote:
State & Warrent is in World, but as an unreleased track (id 134).
I just meant it was never released.

Quote:
Chancellor Way didn't make it into the game either, both it and College Switchback now have pink (purple) dots on the map, near Rosewood College.
Strange that they were in the March 5 Beta, but never released and I assume the purple dots mean they are missing barriers?

Quote:
The canyons were scrapped when they decided to remove Eagle Canyon sign...
Even before that. It seems they went from 7 canyons down to 4 canyons, then dropped it all together starting with version 5. It seems that management didn't want any more work done on the actual game play and wanted the team to focus only on changes that would sell boost. Also around this time, much of the team was removed to work on The Run, and never returned, and later were laid off.

Quote:
I think everything was removed, but I may be wrong.
Starting with version 5 and lasting until the shutdown and still visible with the offline server, the current garage and the profile cylinder are still out there. The profile cylinder is now at the north west corner of the map and the current garage is to the north of the cylinder and off the main map (similar to the turnpike).
Old 09/26/2015, 10:28   #8

Quote:
Camden or Rosewood would be locations. College, Campus, aqueduct would be landmarks. It's not clear if Stadium in track events is a street name or Highlander Stadium. I'm wondering is Stadium and Hwy 1 should have been named Station & Hwy 1.
Stadium Interchange is the name of the intersection. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interchange_%28road%29

Quote:
Strange that they were in the March 5 Beta, but never released and I assume the purple dots mean they are missing barriers?
No, it doesn't mean anything like that. It just means there is no proper event icon associated with it. The actual events may or may not be unfinished. City Center (pink dot) has no missing barriers, while Hwy 99 & Projects (blue event icon) has a stupid glitchy finish line.

Quote:
Starting with version 5 and lasting until the shutdown and still visible with the offline server, the current garage and the profile cylinder are still out there. The profile cylinder is now at the north west corner of the map and the current garage is to the north of the cylinder and off the main map (similar to the turnpike).
Yeah, I meant everything except those interiors that are actually used.

I wish we could have get the "beach house" back into the game and replace with it the current safehouse.
Old 09/26/2015, 10:46   #9

elite*gold: 65
There were 2 different Versions of the Garage/Safehouse in Beta.

Beta 1: (notice opened windows?)

Beta 2: (windows are closed)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/26/2015, 12:33   #10

Yes, I remember these pics. Also:

Old 09/26/2015, 18:03   #11

Funny though how we're all relying o RGLDR's pics.
(I used my own images though where possible)

Quote:
Yes, I remember these pics. Also:
Welcome to the club... (of those who know about the lake safehouse.)

NoSpax has some V4 server files. (and patches.. I think)
Problem is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpax View Post
I have some server files from V4... but these are heavily outdated.

I would have to edit every.single.one.of.them to have them work.
And it's not something on my priority list now.

If someone does get it to work, I'll then be able to convert the lakehouse (and pizza sign) to a intermediary form (eg, 3ds/obj) so people can use it for whatever game they want... provided they know the tools for their game.
So as long as NoSpax doesn't delete them, there's still hope, and I'm happy.
Old 09/26/2015, 20:26   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keule306 ✌ View Post
Not going to bog down the discussion by reposting those amazing pictures.

I am just bored and wish to point out, the huge demand to add things back into the game that were either never released or released than taken back out.
That is what fuels this project, from the very start of the creation of Berkay's offline server and a huge amount of things have been accomplished since then.

Very interesting to read and follow said subjects and again, just bored and adding my irrelevant 2 cents.
Imagine someone actually creating the required tools to not only finish the Canyons and add them in, but also leading the way to further dev of the game itself?
Would be amazing to see happen and the most ironic part of it all, is those who can achieve it, are not doing it because of the love for the game, but for the love of their hacking abilities, yet, w/o their desire to do said things will cause it to not even happen, regardless if they can "achieve the un-achievable"
Old 09/26/2015, 23:04   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keule306 ✌ View Post
The updates to the original safehouse / garage with a window and an updated version of the lake / beach house occurred during version 4. There was an intermediate update that removed the lighting from the original safehouse, and mostly dismantled the lake house. Then still while in version 4, EA restored the original garage with a window, and restored the lake house with added stuff but a flooded floor where the cars could park. Images of all this stuff and other stuff from the old days can be found at the (Jussi's) isrc2 forum site, starting on page 4 of the World section. I don't know what the policy is here about posting links to other forums, so you'll have to search for these images.

Another change made back in the early days was the removal of one of the two large golf course signs on the east side of the north east corner of Hwy 99 entrances to the golf course. It can be seen in this old video at about 1 minute into the video (and it's always there in Most Wanted):