Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 13:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Moving to a dedicated server

Discussion on Moving to a dedicated server within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

View Poll Results: What do you think about the idea?
It's ok but I won't/can't support it. 141 36.72%
It's ok and I will support it. 180 46.88%
Eh whatever, just give me a server. 63 16.41%
Voters: 384. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09/09/2015, 04:49   #271

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
Please stop taunting people....

I don't want to reply cause it's unproductive. (and considering how everyone is doing this ON THEIR OWN TIME, you should be thankful. I'm thankful I even get to keep my garage)

NFSW is based on street racing, not bumper cars.
(There are also certain ettiquettes in a multiplayer race compared to private race)

Accidents may happen in shortcuts or in the turns/passing, and we can deal with it. (As unintentional accidents happen in real life too, but with good skills it could even be negligible, provided NFSW doesn't have a good "damage" system)
**thinks about those rage-quitters**

Now with the PUs it's the mentality of a team spirit. With the nature of MP you're matched with random dou-- erm "fellow racers".

A multiplayer race, everyone's about being first. (also translated into the shortest track time).

It's good spirit to use juggernaut to clear debris for other racers, or get acceleration on the straights (provided there isn't anyone near you might mistakenly take down, and good driver communication)

It's bad spirit to desperately ram people just to win. (and jam their PU consoles)

It's completely inappropriate to have a team that's all about ramming (aka "intentionally harassing") people who are struggling to finish first.

If it's an individual doing revenge ramming. (for say an unintentional accident), it's a grey zone.
Usually I'll try to stay on my racing line. And let it slide.
But most people who do alot of racing know various sections of track that are prone to unintentional accidents.
First of all thanks for the non insulting post.. Unlike everyone else here who has started.. I only taunt or attack back if someone wants to attack me and or my team .. We have our own opinions here and my opinion is to allow ramming althought 99.9% people here wouldn't agree with it.. people who dont get butthurt over ramming or are cool with it, letting it slide etc. i dont insult but on the other hand everyone else is attacking me of course im gonna taunt, again thanks for the response that didnt include insulting .. But as I said , i enjoy the ramming and i dont think ill resign anytime soon from it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermca View Post
you helped ruin the game
do you actually think berkay wants that in game?
doubtfully.

The project is over.
The only haters is ppl like you, not me, when no online version comes out from berkay, you will be hating, not me
Fastlife is UKR fyi..the coleader of UKR, none of us will be hating . We could give less of a shitt if nfsw wasnt published to mp... It will just be something to do in our spare time.. Otherwise we can live without it. You on the other hand are complaining and crying saying for berkay to end his work because rammers joined in the fun... You don't make the decisions in the server.. Berkay and berkay only does.. Same for me , if i get banned well shit ill start over.. I wont resign from what i love to do.. Ramming , just because everyone else disagrees...
Old 09/09/2015, 04:55   #272

Quote:
Yep...drop the whole project Berkay.
skimmed their self centered "excuses"

Said bullies will make back up accounts and ruin everything you tried to give back to the public, making your whole project worthless and only give said inconsiderate bullies a chance to do what they do best, ruin it for everyone else, deeming your whole project, something for them, not the general public.

One more piece of the puzzle to drop the whole online project.
Just as the Russians stole from you, we now have to deal with said crew, which will be unavoidable, making the project a way for them to continue to do what they do best, bully and ruin the game.

I rather have no online version, than to let them have it, to ruin it for everyone else.
If I had a say, the project would not happen as I said, said crew will ruin it for everyone else and make it all about them.

FK it berkay, drop the project.
There is no point to deal with said crew, who will have many back up accounts to do what they do.
That alone is enough to prove what you are doing is a huge waste of time.
Thanks, said crew and I hope berkay drops the whole project as ppl like you will ruin it anyway, and as I said, making the whole project pointless for anyone but your ignorant crew.

Man this pisses me the fk off.

"if we dont like it dont play"

Berkay did not create the sever for you to bully everyone else and ruin their fun, you inconsiderate bastards
The server is not even live yet and you are already making excuses to ruin it for everyone else.
mind boggling.

edit, read their replies since I posted this
more empty excuses not even worth replying to

Just drop the online version, rather than have their crew ruin it for everyone else, not even caring about being banned and causing more issues than its worth to even open the on line version, which causes those creating the online version money and time, which the ones starting this subject could care less about.
nuff said

just drop the project as those who wish to bully it will ruin it anyway
Old 09/09/2015, 05:01   #273

Quote:
edit, read their replies since I posted this
more empty excuses

Just drop the online version, rather than have their crew ruin it for everyone else.
nuff said
My brain... Cannot process your level of retardedness.. Do you NOT? Read my replies ? Are you blind and somehow able to type on PC , no wait youre just a retard... 20-30 rammers will not make a difference, were just like any other ordinary player that uses juggernaut to win .

Quote:
Please stop taunting people....

I don't want to reply cause it's unproductive. (and considering how everyone is doing this ON THEIR OWN TIME, you should be thankful. I'm thankful I even get to keep my garage)

NFSW is based on street racing, not bumper cars.
(There are also certain ettiquettes in a multiplayer race compared to private race)
Accidents may happen in shortcuts or in the turns/passing, and we can deal with it. (As unintentional accidents happen in real life too, but with good skills it could even be negligible, provided NFSW doesn't have a good "damage" system)
**thinks about those rage-quitters**

Now with the PUs it's the mentality of a team spirit. With the nature of MP you're matched with random dou-- erm "fellow racers".

A multiplayer race, everyone's about being first. (also translated into the shortest track time).

It's good spirit to use juggernaut to clear debris for other racers, or get acceleration on the straights (provided there isn't anyone near you might mistakenly take down, and good driver communication)

It's bad spirit to desperately ram people just to win. (and jam their PU consoles)

It's completely inappropriate to have a team that's all about ramming (aka "intentionally harassing") people who are struggling to finish first.

If it's an individual doing revenge ramming. (for say an unintentional accident), it's a grey zone.
Usually I'll try to stay on my racing line. And let it slide.
But most people who do alot of racing know various sections of track that are prone to unintentional accidents.

But you don't understand...
If the game sees you as a best fit for the same lobby, when you requeue during the 50 seconds before the lobby is locked, you end up in the same lobby.
If you try and wait it out, then do racing, the way the game shuffles people around lobbies, you will end up in the same lobby as the person you'll try to avoid.

(hence why I want options for opponent preferences, but these things never happen)
I agree on that. Just , we are all here to have fun on mp. Berkay is bring it back.. We ram , ok so what ? Its not a huge biggie as said if you do not like it , leave the lobby at last 10 seconds so you wont be in..
Old 09/09/2015, 05:14   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugabuga2 View Post
We have our own opinions here and my opinion is to allow ramming althought 99.9% people here wouldn't agree with it..
My view really is like what gamermca and others have. (just be clear)

I don't really agree that ramming should be allowed, it happens once in awhile.
I'm more like that ramming should be discouraged. (cause it's bad sportsmanship)

Mistakes and misunderstandings happen.

It's a really bad idea to have a team that's all about ramming people in MP for the lol factor. (or to win for that matter).

Posting the youtube vids of people going over barriers for example without the victim's permission though (without forcing them) is kinda like a 2nd harassment (trying to find a good word to explain it)

(and if I remember in the ToS there was something about disrupting the flow of traffic or something like that, that and the task team's)

Quote:
I agree on that. Just , we are all here to have fun on mp. Berkay is bring it back.. We ram , ok so what ? Its not a huge biggie as said if you do not like it , leave the lobby at last 10 seconds so you wont be in..
Thing is probably most newbies can't handle ramming, so if they can't handle it, they'll quit NFSW and move on to other MMOs
in the end you're just going to be clearing lobbies (cause it's bad sportsmanship) and end up racing against yourself.
(You don't realize how hard it was to nab wins or avoid the same cheater when they were spamming lobby crash like crazy)
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/09/2015, 05:25   #275

Quote:

I'm more like that ramming should be discouraged. (cause it's bad sportsmanship)

It's a bad idea to have a team that's all about ramming people in MP for the lol factor. (or to win for that matter).

Posting the youtube vids of people going over barriers for example without the victim's permission though (without forcing them) is kinda like a 2nd harassment (trying to find a good word to explain it)

(and if I remember in the ToS there was something about disrupting the flow of traffic or something like that, that and the task team's)
no point in trying to reason with them.
They do not care about rules and will ruin the game and Berkay might as well stop production to give us an online version back, if said crew thinks their "game play" is something he is wanting in game and if we dont like it not to play.
There will only be so many active events and it will be obvious they will be in all of them, just to to ruin the game for everyone else.

berkay is making an online for us, NOT THEM, something they refuse to accept.
I hope he just washes his hands of it as it is pointless now to give "them" their fun and take our fun away, something they could care less about.
FK them
Old 09/09/2015, 05:51   #276

Quote:
no point in trying to reason with them.
They do not care about rules and will ruin the game and Berkay might as well stop production to give us an online version back, if said crew thinks their "game play" is something he is wanting in game and if we dont like it not to play.
There will only be so many active events and it will be obvious they will be in all of them, just to to ruin the game for everyone else.

berkay is making an online for us, NOT THEM, something they refuse to accept.
I hope he just washes his hands of it as it is pointless now to give "them" their fun and take our fun away, something they could care less about.
FK them
I'm not going to reason with them either to convert.
I'm just being polite.

I just don't want a fighting match to happen. That's how world wars happen. (And ISIS with their radicalization tactics, and all other s##t)

I'm just saying the community finds them to be annoying. Fine people learn to deal with them

Jussi bans them cause of the videos, fine and with reason. (It's considered harassment...and to repeat it multiple times and upload them)

They try and say that ramming should be allowed, fine.
But they don't really doesn't have any valid grounds/basis for what that crew does, and poses more of a nuisance for the community. (and should be excluded from the new MP server too.)

Thing is though.. (I'll break down the first post that started this war here)
Quote:
...d we're only coming back for the enjoyment and excitement of ramming..
If you've done alot of racing in NFSW, you'll learn it's bad sportsmanship
Ramming is not fun and not exciting. It's a dirty move. (slows the rammer down for negative net benefit)

Quote:
if you can't handle it , you have issues...Im sorry, raging over a game is stupid . If it's such a big deal...
This section... you still haven't learned the lesson.
I can handle it under CERTAIN situations, but not when it's a crew that rams random people for fun. (or someone t-boning me after a mistake THEY made when I swerved to avoid them)

ramming random people in MP could be compared to bullying random strangers...for fun even if it's still a game.

Quote:
...up console therefore it will be used by rammers...noob
Adding the word noob at the end is insulting whoever is reading... (That includes me too)

the jugg is there, but it has to be used responsibly/appropriately.
Juggernaut trades off handling for acceleration, so many racers use that on long straights. (If you see a racer using it when no-one's near them, that's why)

To sum it up, a crew all about ramming for funit shouldn't be part of the NFSW community then, and still now.

Only if you change the focus of your group (And learn the lesson) will you be considered to be part of the community, as it isn't the NFSW spirit to ram for fun.

Add-on: legit exception to ramming cheaters though. (As a last resort though)

Add-on2: With WoS it's already known to have blockers specialty in a team, but to win, but that acts as a defensive/aggresive twist. Not something that causes grief to the whole race.
Addon2: Now let me continue working on porting the Temsa Avenue to TMF...
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/09/2015, 10:15   #277

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Collision will be off during public MP races, now stop the flame war.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 09/09/2015, 12:15   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
The King has spoken
Old 09/09/2015, 12:24   #279

Quote:
great problem solved I'm sure everyone will be happy with this should of been this way when EA way running game
Old 09/09/2015, 15:38   #280

Quote:

It's a really bad idea to have a team that's all about ramming people in MP for the lol factor. (or to win for that matter).

Thing is probably most newbies can't handle ramming, so if they can't handle it, they'll quit NFSW and move on to other MMOs
in the end you're just going to be clearing lobbies (cause it's bad sportsmanship) and end up racing against yourself.
(You don't realize how hard it was to nab wins or avoid the same cheater when they were spamming lobby crash like crazy)
You dont think i dont know? I ram because cheaters . After 2013/2014 af and hacks me and my friends got tired of the hacks. (We all were once a racing team) so we decided to ram because of all the cheats being used . Thats was only our solution.. After cheaters were banned we came to love ramming so we did it all the time. We got really experienced to the point where speedhackers had no chance with our driving and ramming skills put togethor, Otherwise. I will cut down on the ramming in berkays server.. Not stop because thats wjat i love to do, but i wont do it as much.. Ramfests with my team in private, we do that alot which i have no problem with, but we like to do it more in mp because its fun..

Quote:
Okay, mp collisions off, but at least keep the ones in private on? Thats the only way ill have my enjoynment of ramming with my crew. If mp collisions is off fine, but at least keep them on in private.
Old 09/09/2015, 16:57   #281

Quote:
Sounds great to me

As I said, with tracks like Construction Rt, everyone trying to be first through the shortcut, added huge amounts of fun, that I will miss.

But with collisions off, it adds even more of a unique racing experience.
The best of the best will be side by side the whole time and will be pretty dam sweet.
Sure it has it's negatives, but the positives dominate the negatives by bucketfuls.

Wise decision Berkay, very wise on so many levels.

Quote:
Okay, mp collisions off, but at least keep the ones in private on? Thats the only way ill have my enjoynment of ramming with my crew. If mp collisions is off fine, but at least keep them on in private.
Seriously?
Berkay said "during MP" so obviously single player and PVT, collisions will be on.
Old 09/09/2015, 18:26   #282

Heh, i was reading this little flame war, laughing, knowing that berkay could just flick a variable and there would be no more ramming in any part of the game.

Wanted to say it earlier too, but when i made up the time to come see this post, the flame war was already doused.

Bet some people are feeling very uncomfortable now after suggesting to stop the project or telling about their multiple accounting habits...
Old 09/09/2015, 18:39   #283

[sarcasm] Aaahhhh sooo saaaad... now bungabunganoob can't do his favourite bullying anymore with his united noob noobers. SUCH a shame. [/sarcasm]

As for your ignorant reply to my post: talk to the hand, cuz the face ain't listening. Done with you, your 'kings' and your united brain failures.

On topic: no collisions during race, wow, fresh dimensions. That means people will be driving inside other peoples bigger vehicles if it's a tight road :d I see a hummer already slurping up a mazdaspeed3 during a race in an alley, hehehhe. Sweet!
Old 09/09/2015, 18:50   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oelie View Post
[sarcasm] Aaahhhh sooo saaaad... now bungabunganoob can't do his favourite bullying anymore with his united noob noobers. SUCH a shame. [/sarcasm]

As for your ignorant reply to my post: talk to the hand, cuz the face ain't listening. Done with you, your 'kings' and your united brain failures.

On topic: no collisions during race, wow, fresh dimensions. That means people will be driving inside other peoples bigger vehicles if it's a tight road :d I see a hummer already slurping up a mazdaspeed3 during a race in an alley, hehehhe. Sweet!
I agree, and what Berkay said, made my day completely.
but as I said with the Construction RT example, sometimes it's fun and the things that happened naturally in that small shortcut was massive funny.
I will take that loss over the bigger gain, knowing full well who it hurts the most and for that matter, who it helps the most as well, on so many levels.

BTW, the ignore feature is there for a reason, which I used almost from the get go during this stupid flame war and as the saying goes, don't feed the trolls because it is like feeding "The Blob", the more you feed it, the bigger it gets, stop feeding it and it will die.
Old 09/09/2015, 20:40   #285

Quote:
+sqrt(-1) fro.. wait wat? (:P)
+1 agreement from me.
I'm used to no car-> car contact from the Trackmania world anyways.
(it means people make less driving line mistakes though. XD)

The interesting thing is how juggernaut use would change. (cause you know the trade-off of handling vs acceleration)

That and how collision detection with non-car debris (eg, dumpsters that were strategically placed) will occur.

Quote:
As I said, with tracks like Construction Rt, everyone trying to be first through the shortcut, added huge amounts of fun, that I will miss.
Same. Depending on racer preference it was always interesting to see what happens.

Sometimes everything proceeds as normal (like me)
Sometimes pileups occur. Mostly because of a bad aim.
Sometimes people squeak by without using jugg. If people aren't using PUs, like me most of the time.
Sometimes every other racer lines up, and the first one going through the roadblock uses juggs.

But in situations like this everyone understands it's unintentional as it's a game of chicken (if you know what I say)

Quote:
But with collisions off, it adds even more of a unique racing experience.
The best of the best will be side by side the whole time and will be pretty dam sweet.
That still happened with collision detection on.
Good drivers know how to keep close yet give enough distance and when it's a suitable time to take risks. (Usually from the car in front pushing their car to the limit)

Quote:
Berkay said "during MP" so obviously single player and PVT, collisions will be on.
I would use the word imply. (therefore meaning Private and SP is theoretically unchanged)

(as the main discussion was about ramming in MP mode really, And Berkay replied based on that to smoulder the flame)

Quote:
If mp collisions is off fine, but at least keep them on in private.
I've had fun playing cat-&-mouse, cops & robbers, and just chilling in event mode with other crews so yeah I agree with this. But the main discussion is about the ethics of ramming in MP mode.

Quote:
You dont think i dont know? I ram because cheaters . After 2013/2014 af and hacks me and my friends got tired of the hacks. (We all were once a racing team) so we decided to ram because of all the cheats being used . Thats was only our solution..
I still have to mention it. (in agreement with your argument about ramming)
But it's not the only solution against cheaters using hacks. It's a last resort.
Ironically though most of the cheaters don't have an appreciation for the game, the players, or the community.

Most are annoying, some are willing to apprciate the game for what it has. (I also warned those that listen not to abuse cheats, they use the "my friends are doing it too" rheotic. Well, the got banned when the ban hammer swung, lol)

Quote:
but we like to do it more in mp because its fun..
I understand that, but thing is you need the verbal consent from the majority in the lobby. If people don't say anything, that's not a yes. (or a no)
That's a bystander
And considering how frequent lobbies change...

I have used Slingshot TE a few times in MP mode, but it's only:
- with majority lobby consent and regular racers (who's trust you gained by beng friendly)
- using it on E class where almost everyone is at/near top speed (& effects are negligent)
- do it MAX once per month. (except for end-of-world situations)
-don't use it when you with people who randomly name people as cheaters without any valid basis. (I've seen REPORT!!! wars happen in event chat before)

Also, should mention, but 1 more lap PU should be used only if you're close to someone and want to pass them in the next lap.
If you're a 1/2 lap behind the leader, and use it to cheat from last to first intentionally... GT#O OF NFSW.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread