Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 15:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Moving to a dedicated server

Discussion on Moving to a dedicated server within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

View Poll Results: What do you think about the idea?
It's ok but I won't/can't support it. 141 36.72%
It's ok and I will support it. 180 46.88%
Eh whatever, just give me a server. 63 16.41%
Voters: 384. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08/15/2015, 14:57   #106

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealx View Post
well driving around ramming ppl acting like 9 year old no wonder you got banned and I'm sure if you do it on Berkay server and loads ppl complain about it ur get banned of this one to
Yeah, people like you is the reason me and my team ram. All of you need to chill, berkay is bringing back this server for all of us, if you cant handle ramming and you're raging over pixels, from a Mclaren F1 that rams you, You have issues. Ramming has NOTHING to do with cheats being used. If you have a problem with ramming, simply LEAVE and SWITCH to another lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
Activating a hack while not in a race/event will block your access to public MP completely during that session and only Private & SP races will be open. That clear enough for y'all?
Sounds fair enough. Thanks !
Old 08/15/2015, 15:09   #107

Please, get off achievement system, while using any cheat.
Old 08/15/2015, 15:45   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by peshe12357 View Post
I do not agree with you cuz if PPL wil pay for SB they need to be protected!
People's fun should be protected too. So I propose a temp ban. You get caught cheating, you get unable to play for two days!
How sounds that?

Quote:
Activating a hack while not in a race/event will block your access to public MP completely during that session and only Private & SP races will be open. That clear enough for y'all?
With my level of English, it makes more sense without that "NOT" , is it?
Old 08/15/2015, 15:47   #109

Quote:
You made your point, now let's make that server. keep up the great work berkay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nathan View Post
People's fun should be protected too. So I propose a temp ban. You get caught cheating, you get unable to play for two days!
How sounds that?

With my level of English, it makes more sense without that "NOT" , is it?
let me explain it to you, you are in a MP race, you use a hack and then you get banned from MP, so you can only acces private an SP events. and when you logg in again (the next day) you can acces MP events again.

the temp bann is a good idea, but after how many times do they stop hacking? My idea is : after 3 temp banns a perm bann.
Old 08/15/2015, 16:22   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneer Dinand View Post
let me explain it to you, you are in a MP race, you use a hack and then you get banned from MP, so you can only acces private an SP events. and when you logg in again (the next day) you can acces MP events again.
I already have gotten the idea, but if you read berkay's statement again, you'll see that "not" does not belong there. It actually changes the meaning of the phrase.
Nevermind, I got the idea, and agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneer Dinand View Post
the temp bann is a good idea, but after how many times do they stop hacking?
They will stop by themselves, when they'll notice that they play 10 minutes then take a 2 days break! You really don't have to permban anyone. Just give them big penalties.
For instance, you can delete the car he was cheating in. Who will still be cheating, then? )

Same like in RL, if you're speeding you won't loose your driving license for good, but the right to drive for 1 to 3 months. At least in my country.
Old 08/15/2015, 17:34   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko. View Post
Bodykits, hoods, spoilers?

If will be possible drop them it's perfect.... if not i will play offline with v1.7
? Yes or No?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/15/2015, 18:43   #112

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Hachiko, everything is already explained in the first post...

J0nathan, "while not in event/race" -> "while in freeroam". I already told everyone that cheating in MP will result in an instant permaban so the "not" fits perfectly.
Old 08/15/2015, 19:06   #113

Have any date for this server ??
Old 08/15/2015, 19:16   #114

Quote:
Hachiko, everything is already explained in the first post...

J0nathan, "while not in event/race" -> "while in freeroam". I already told everyone that cheating in MP will result in an instant permaban so the "not" fits perfectly.
You added them in lucky draw? Wow
"Race drops & drop rates will stay the same, which means you can get drops of items that are boost-only"
Old 08/15/2015, 20:40   #115

I think its very fair. If the only thing thats boost is the card packs. That's perfectly fine. Just for races, make them pay a bit more cause they pay too little especially if some cars are 500 to 1m. Unless you lower the car prices to how they were like tier 1's were like 20k and then the tier 2's went up to like 100 something k. and Then the M3 GTR was 300K.
Old 08/15/2015, 21:01   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonKajiwara View Post
I think its very fair. If the only thing thats boost is the card packs.
and A/M Parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonKajiwara View Post
For races, make them pay a bit more cause they pay too little especially if some cars are 500 to 1m. Unless you lower the car prices to how they were like tier 1's were like 20k and then the tier 2's went up to like 100 something k. and Then the M3 GTR was 300K.
Nah, the default prices were fine. We'll have to come up with IGC values for the all other boost cars though.
Old 08/15/2015, 21:13   #117

Quote:
I totaly agree with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyui1234 View Post
I will keep both the 1.7 beta for customizing cars and the dedicated serer for proper fun
But I just can't support it because I don't have money(26USD a week for lunch....)
nobody obligates you to pay anything! the game will be 99% free to play for everyone.you will only pay for buying cardpacks and aftermarket parts witch randomly you will win some in races!does that motivates you enough and not to pay anything?
DO REMEMBER THAT THIS GAME IS OFICIALY DEAD!!!
Old 08/15/2015, 22:10   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by peshe12357 View Post
DO REMEMBER THAT THIS GAME IS OFICIALY DEAD!!!
And if you would ask EA then it stays that way. Licensing & copyrights ring a bell? Dedicated server = take-down notification. I don't understand why almost nobody questions this. The server being just an emulation tool for a dead client will not be a reason to be able to continue in a legit way with this idea. It's not about emulation, it's about car licenses with other companies and copyright of the need for speed games in general. **** whatever ToS says - take-down notice will come first and then the talking can start. And the talking will be a monologue by EA, not a dialogue with the community. Either continue off-grid with offline server version, or dig your own grave and create something with a dedicated IP to hunt down for EA's lawyers. Just my two cents, based on what my guts think about this.
Old 08/15/2015, 22:27   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oelie View Post
And if you would ask EA then it stays that way. Licensing & copyrights ring a bell? Dedicated server = take-down notification. I don't understand why almost nobody questions this. The server being just an emulation tool for a dead client will not be a reason to be able to continue in a legit way with this idea. It's not about emulation, it's about car licenses with other companies and copyright of the need for speed games in general. **** whatever ToS says - take-down notice will come first and then the talking can start. And the talking will be a monologue by EA, not a dialogue with the community. Either continue off-grid with offline server version, or dig your own grave and create something with a dedicated IP to hunt down for EA's lawyers. Just my two cents, based on what my guts think about this.
That's actually the crux of the matter, the scripted code, the smallest polygon, all the car designs and brands are intellectual properties of many companies and if someone is using it without permission than that particular someone gets into real trouble, it even doesn't matter if that someone does it as a non-profit project.

As for me i'm already okay with it as an offline version, and if it gets sometimes updates and maybe some tweaks and content i'm already overly happy and willing to donate ocassionally a few bucks via paypal but everything else would be a very serious copyright violation and i don't want that someone get's into trouble just because i want to play the game.

At least its much safer to distribute it as an offline version.
Old 08/15/2015, 22:39   #120

i still wait for that one day.. in the distant future, where we can play with the cars EA staff didn't want to release or work into, and more (like ferraris and such)
Closed Thread