Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 23:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFS World Offline Developement Thread

Discussion on NFS World Offline Developement Thread within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 01/13/2016, 13:02   #1441

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaratha View Post
VLT 2.0 has one more good thing to offer - patching (import/export) finally works instead of making 1 kB file every time.

So here's a few patches:
1) my lighter traffic & cops mod from way back
2) a pack of three different minimap track colors (yellowish, reddish and greenish) - warning, they work only in event

I am now trying to figure out what some of the older mod-edits did (e.g. the cops in freeroam mod or the strong nitro for all cars mod) so that I can submit more patches. So that you guys can combine your favorite mods by importing them in VLT and then saving.
to 1) is it possible that cops chase the player in free roam?
thx.
Old 01/14/2016, 17:40   #1442

Quote:
is it possible that cops chase the player in free roam?
No it isn't

Any further questions about cops in free roam would be better directed to the person who did the mod.

In other news, two more patches from me:
1) patch named gravity sets vehicle gravity to -13, to be consistent with smackables and objects. Don't ask me why the value is -13
2) patch named wall friction increases car wall friction to equal road friction - this was why wall-riding was so effective in MW/Carbon/World
Attached Files
File Type: zip wall_friction.zip (250 Bytes, 19 views)
File Type: zip gravity.zip (209 Bytes, 17 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/14/2016, 22:27   #1443

I had an idea on what misc parts could do, so I made a mod for it. I didn't generate a patch because I changed misc parts completely (and that was a painfully long process). I also made minor changes to the Royal Purple engine.

This goes in Gamefolder/Data/GLOBAL

Remember to back up your original commerce.bin
Attached Files
File Type: rar Misc Parts Set.rar (399.5 KB, 47 views)
Old 01/15/2016, 14:42   #1444

Are you tired of seeing the same boring generic cars roaming around the streets? Don't you wish you could see some cool cars instead of that?

Worry no more, I have the solution right here.
With this mod you'll now see a Panamera, Boss 302 '12, M3 GTS, Skyline R34, Focus RS and Vantage cruising around instead of the generic cars, they may spawn with bodykits or stock and on rare occasions you may find the pre-tuned editions of them such as the cop variants or drag variants.

To install it you can just drop the attributes.bin file on Need For Speed World\Data\GLOBAL
I also included a .nfscfg file in there, honestly, I'm new to VltEd so I have no idea how to work with these, or if these are the right files to manually install things in it. So make what you will from it.

Either way, make a backup if you decide to straight up replace the .bin file or if you wanna edit it manually, y'know, better safe than sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: rar real traffic.rar (412.0 KB, 94 views)
Thanks
10 Users
Old 01/15/2016, 14:58   #1445

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxx88 View Post
Are you tired of seeing the same boring generic cars roaming around the streets? Don't you wish you could see some cool cars instead of that?

Worry no more, I have the solution right here.
With this mod you'll now see a Panamera, Boss 302 '12, M3 GTS, Skyline R34, Focus RS and Vantage cruising around instead of the generic cars, they may spawn with bodykits or stock and on rare occasions you may find the pre-tuned editions of them such as the cop variants or drag variants.

To install it you can just drop the attributes.bin file on Need For Speed World\Data\GLOBAL
I also included a .nfscfg file in there, honestly, I'm new to VltEd so I have no idea how to work with these, or if these are the right files to manually install things in it. So make what you will from it.

Either way, make a backup if you decide to straight up replace the .bin file or if you wanna edit it manually, y'know, better safe than sorry.
not bad, you can dynamically change "requested car id" header from the ingame function too. I'll add that into the upcoming documentation of the server.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 01/15/2016, 15:03   #1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
not bad, you can dynamically change "requested car id" header from the ingame function too. I'll add that into the upcoming documentation of the server.
Hm interesting... really hyped for the next server release.
Old 01/15/2016, 15:04   #1447

I used vlt-edit 2.0 to make this

cosmic nos to all cars included

(buffs cars beyond EA standards)
Old 01/15/2016, 16:30   #1448

I can only say this:
Old 01/15/2016, 17:57   #1449

Looking for someone who would not able to identify or locate the game algorithm which calculates performance parts.

While only knows 12 performance values of each car and three performance values of each performance parts.

for example Porsche Carrera GT is stored under the name: carreragt (folder Pvehicle/cars/racers/exotic/)

Values for top speed:
657-917-851-982

Values for Acceleration:
837-911-919-927

Values for Handling:
780-776-778-776

The first value is stock value, the other value is calculated performance tuning and are not visible in the game. I have the original source code for the program which calculates performance tuning but has an old compute system

(Tier1-Tier2-Tier3 system).
I seek man who would be able to rewrite or modify the source code.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg performance2.jpg (30.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg performance1.jpg (14.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 01/15/2016, 19:12   #1450

I patched Bxx88's traffic mod over the cops in traffic mod. Yes, you made a right nfscfg file

Enjoy both cool traffic and cops!

(And no traffic sliding away at MACH speeds upon getting hit is an added bonus)

Still can't figure out what the person edited to get the cops. It's not the traffic patterns since they get modified by Bxx88's changes. But no matter, with the patches we can simply pile stuff on top of cops mod
Attached Files
File Type: zip cops&real traffic.zip (680.3 KB, 65 views)
Old 01/16/2016, 01:12   #1451

I really hope that we can trigger pursuits by ramming police in free roam again at some point. It's one of the things I miss the most.

Great work Bxx88 and Amaratha!

EDIT: Where does the NFSCFG file go?

EDIT:: I had a go at importing the config file and saving it but it says "The changes cannot be saved"
Old 01/16/2016, 09:44   #1452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post
I really hope that we can trigger pursuits by ramming police in free roam again at some point. It's one of the things I miss the most.

Great work Bxx88 and Amaratha!

EDIT: Where does the NFSCFG file go?
1) Open your NFS World Data folder in VLTEd 2.0.
2) Import NFSCFG file (or files, you can import as many patches as you want :P)
3) Save
4) ...
5) PROFIT!

EDIT: Don't worry about "changes couldn't be saved". They are saved, VLTEd just bugs out and shows the error message for no reason in 99% of situations. I suspect it's related to the presence of *.bak file.

---

Some things I just discovered:
1) in blackboard/ai, in every node except pursuit there is a 0xe17b213d field. It's set to true everywhere except ai_safehouse and ai_postevent, thus my theory is that it controls whether the AI pays attention to player position or not - I've noticed that after the event ends, the AI loves to ram me and does not seem to try to avoid me standing on the finish line.
2) in blackboard/audio, for every node, there is a 0xb12e66ef field, and the child values contain the name of the node in rwac_music, which points to the file (*.snr) that is played.

EDIT: For those who saw my performance parts discoveries, post got too long, I edited it and posted to a separate thread:
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/16/2016, 21:09   #1453

Quote:
I patched Bxx88's traffic mod over the cops in traffic mod. Yes, you made a right nfscfg file

Enjoy both cool traffic and cops!

(And no traffic sliding away at MACH speeds upon getting hit is an added bonus)

Still can't figure out what the person edited to get the cops. It's not the traffic patterns since they get modified by Bxx88's changes. But no matter, with the patches we can simply pile stuff on top of cops mod
How would you be able to revert the patch back to normal after importing the nfscfg file?

thanks in advanced
Old 01/16/2016, 21:30   #1454

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermca View Post
How would you be able to revert the patch back to normal after importing the nfscfg file?

thanks in advanced
Keep backups, is the golden rule. VLTEd seems to make *.bak backups automatically by itself, but judging by the "cannot save" errors, I keep manual backups of the files I edit.

EDIT: And VLTEd seems to have no "restore from *.bak" function.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2016, 21:35   #1455

Quote:
Keep backups, is the golden rule. VLTEd seems to make *.bak backups automatically by itself, but judging by the "cannot save" errors, I keep manual backups of the files I edit.
does that file Mod the attributes.bin, if so I understand how to back up that, but if it(nfscfg file) Mods other game files which ones are they to back up?
or do you have to replace the whole game files?

sorry for the noob and can I plz have the link to the VltEd1.2 I can not find it
I have the 1.1 but the nfscfg file seems to not be supported