Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 15:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFS World Offline Developement Thread

Discussion on NFS World Offline Developement Thread within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 04/20/2016, 18:31   #1771

elite*gold: 0
I modded the attributes.bin to allow all powerups to be used any time (ex. use 7x One More Lap in a race, use Slingshot in first place, Instant Cooldown when you're not in cooldown*)

Powerups are still restricted in the console and there's nothing I can do about that, I know where to change those restrictions but there is a set number of fields, one for each event type the powerup is allowed in. However, if you somehow get emergency evade in your sprint console, you'll actually be able to use it.

*When Instant Cooldown is used when you're not in cooldown, it behaves strange
Attached Files
File Type: rar PU Activation Restrictions.rar (411.7 KB, 49 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/20/2016, 18:44   #1772

Quote:
I have spent a good part of the day yesterday working with the presetride-cat hash numbers... I did find 4 I can make stock version without any performance parts, one for the Audi R8 LMS Ultra can make a stock red version with the body style, the 2 BFH tank's, I can make both a stock version just with the special body parts and the Aston Martin DBS Volante I can make a red stock with no performance parts.

These 4 I can make a stock version with a preview, all will have no parts except say the special body kits/parts and the likes that can not be bought in the shop.. Now I am using Benno's presetride from his latest version without the level requirments. I will make the baskets, and maybe just post the data you need to add to the presetride.xml at the end... I will see how once I get the baskets made for myself... That is should anyone be even interested....

I am also looking in the attribute.bin for nfsw to acquire any other hash numbers I can try for the presetrides to see if I can make stock versions (with preview) for any one of a kind cars that have no stock version... Don't hold your breath on this though.. :-)
You won't find any more hashes mate, I already checked. Also, I'm working on a cardealer which will have all 600+ (maybe more) cars the game SHOULD have. Plus I will include old special editions, MW cars (I have 3 so far) and the AI Cop cars. It will take time, but the result will be worthy.

I'm halfway through finishing the catalog file. Once I complete it I'll make new SRV files, which will also have, let's say, a "recognision system".

I'm looking that threads about the online stuff, and I'm "racing" to complete it before that. Just be patient, and I'll eventually finish it.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/20/2016, 18:58   #1773

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdk View Post
You won't find any more hashes mate, I already checked. Also, I'm working on a cardealer which will have all 600+ (maybe more) cars the game SHOULD have. Plus I will include old special editions, MW cars (I have 3 so far) and the AI Cop cars. It will take time, but the result will be worthy.

I'm halfway through finishing the catalog file. Once I complete it I'll make new SRV files, which will also have, let's say, a "recognision system".

I'm looking that threads about the online stuff, and I'm "racing" to complete it before that. Just be patient, and I'll eventually finish it.
Ok, I will let you take care of that. Awesome!!

I will need to go through the thread because I have been gone for a short while and see much has been done by you, benno4 and some others. Been pretty busy considering there was awhile of no activity.

Thanks!

EDIT:: Something that we should do is (as it has been done back for v1.7) make a thread to have the main post with everyones current work listed with updated links and info, (I think it can be made to allow each of the modders have access so they can update their links and info?) this so it can be easy for user's to find mods they want easily, because the thread gets so much post that any mods get lost and very crazy to locate someones work they did. Just something I have been thinking about..
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2016, 22:46   #1774

@: That's a great suggestion. I also find it very useful to create a thread with all the stuff, cause there's another thread, but that one is really outdated.
Also maybe a list which shows the mod, the creator and a download link. Also some information, e.g. what you maybe consider using the mod.

Anyway, nice to bring so much nice stuff for the game the last 10 months.

Edit: My 200th post here - unbelievable!

Edit 2: @: The unrestricted power-ups aren't working.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2016, 00:11   #1775

The mod enables powerups to be used when they wouldn't normally be able to be used. It does not allow powerups to be placed in the improper powerup console, you would need to edit the UserSettings.xml (Found at AppData/Roaming/Need For Speed World, bottom section controls powerup consoles)

Example: One More Lap has 4 restrictions
-Can only be activated in circuit races
-Can only be activated on the second lap
-Can only be activated once
-Can't be activated when someone is close to the finish line

The mod removes those activation restrictions but One More Lap can still only be put in the circuit console

If you see ready glowing when you didn't use any powerups, it's working
Old 04/21/2016, 00:20   #1776

[QUOTE=GlideImage;34361703]Ok, I will let you take care of that. Awesome!!

I will need to go through the thread because I have been gone for a short while and see much has been done by you, benno4 and some others. Been pretty busy considering there was awhile of no activity.

---------------------
Yeah, it went quiet for sure. But the ball seems to be rolling again. Exciting times ahead my friends!

As for the Price Pack, I made a few quality of life changes but I'm out of ideas for now. All I can think to do is add more performance parts and balance the pricing in the car dealer. Kind of sucks because I want to give more to the community but I've reached my peak of what I'm currently capable of.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2016, 00:33   #1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post
Yeah, it went quiet for sure. But the ball seems to be rolling again. Exciting times ahead my friends!

As for the Price Pack, I made a few quality of life changes but I'm out of ideas for now. All I can think to do is add more performance parts and balance the pricing in the car dealer. Kind of sucks because I want to give more to the community but I've reached my peak of what I'm currently capable of.

As I understand it, the basket files for everything (vinyl,tags,wheels etc etc) other than the cars, are located in the commerce, I think that is the name berkay said. So to really work the AM and others we need to gain access to the basket files in the commerce java file.

If someone can decompile the files and get us those wonderful basket files, there is plenty awesome things some of us can do to the shop for everyone!! Of course we would need to recompile them back to be used, but the potention to add stuff to the shop, like all skill mods, and every performance, vinyls can be worked, and so on!!

Old 04/21/2016, 12:09   #1778

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Other than fixed-priced items like the powerup recharger's boost currency icon and the vinyl's IGC icon, everything's price and currency type can be changed from the catalog files.

Files in /basket are really made up by us. Server needed to read the bought car's data to write it to carslots, so we added a quick dirty way to do it. Almost all market actions will call "%pId%/basket" but it's so that the price is reducted from the player's balance. Thus, basket files aren't really a thing, we just decided to make it that way.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/21/2016, 12:43   #1779

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
Other than fixed-priced items like the powerup recharger's boost currency icon and the vinyl's IGC icon, everything's price and currency type can be changed from the catalog files.

Files in /basket are really made up by us. Server needed to read the bought car's data to write it to carslots, so we added a quick dirty way to do it. Almost all market actions will call "%pId%/basket" but it's so that the price is reducted from the player's balance. Thus, basket files aren't really a thing, we just decided to make it that way.
So really unless we wanted to add every skill mod from 1* to 3* that are not there (not sure why we'd want them, but) that will need a basket file to calculate the percentage being added to the car?

I think just about everything I want is in the server already, maybe some AM parts aren't but for the most I have everything. Cars can easily be added. So unless we want to add a specific part to be used, that would be the only need for a basket?

Thanks for the info about.
Old 04/21/2016, 13:20   #1780

Interesting. Anyway, I hope that works that way, cause if the "main building" is set, we can move forward to the next steps...

I trust both of you and also the members of the great community.
I wish I could help, but I am not a "cough" programmer - if you're one: "You have the world in you hands".
Old 04/21/2016, 14:02   #1781

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideImage View Post
So really unless we wanted to add every skill mod from 1* to 3* that are not there (not sure why we'd want them, but) that will need a basket file to calculate the percentage being added to the car?

I think just about everything I want is in the server already, maybe some AM parts aren't but for the most I have everything. Cars can easily be added. So unless we want to add a specific part to be used, that would be the only need for a basket?

Thanks for the info about.
Not really, you would just add the parts with the correct Hash values in SKILLMODPARTS catalog. Each and every part is within the client, all of the calculations are made by the client.

Again, basket files do not exist. There are no such thing as 'needing a basket'. Basket is used for shopping, think of it as a shopping cart.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2016, 14:33   #1782

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
Not really, you would just add the parts with the correct Hash values in SKILLMODPARTS catalog. Each and every part is within the client, all of the calculations are made by the client.

Again, basket files do not exist. There are no such thing as 'needing a basket'. Basket is used for shopping, think of it as a shopping cart.
Ok I understand. Just add what ever item with correct hash to cat files and we got it...

Thank you!
Old 04/22/2016, 16:35   #1783

Does anyone know how to "activate" the rain in the game? Is a feature, that only exist in the "fulll-download-launcher-thing", cause I have only the "minimum download from the launcher" (dowloaded in 2014).

Cause there are some pics, that have "rain" and "high refelections" featured in the game. That looks really nice.
Old 04/22/2016, 17:04   #1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs_fan View Post
Does anyone know how to "activate" the rain in the game? Is a feature, that only exist in the "fulll-download-launcher-thing", cause I have only the "minimum download from the launcher" (dowloaded in 2014).

Cause there are some pics, that have "rain" and "high refelections" featured in the game. That looks really nice.
Rain is in the game, it's just disabled by default. Of course you can't activate from the in game settings, but you can enable it from the settings file.

Browse to C:\Users\(Your Computer Name)\AppData\Roaming\Need for Speed World\Settings

Note: AppData is a hidden folder.

Once you are there, open up the xml, search for rain and replace false to true. I haven't personally tested that, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Good luck!
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2016, 17:32   #1785

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs_fan View Post

Like mkdk said, and I have some info I took off the nfsw forum about adjusting the graphics that might help. Kind of explains what some are for...

I am extremely excited, I got a new HD, new OS install, and my Need for Speed offline, works flawlessly now, no more game crash when adding parts to a car with performance parts.... Awesome!!! So far no unfinished racing either... so far all my events now finish!!
Thanks
1 User