Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 02:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Electronic Arts is syping on us using origin.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Electronic Arts is syping on us using origin.

EA's Origin does watch everything you do on your computer. How do I know? Well If you read the End User License Agreement for Origin it states that by installing Origin you're giving EA the right to monitor your PC and to make a profile of you, including what programs you have installed (and whether you have any illegally downloaded material), what websites you use, etc., and that EA reserves the right to share or sell this information to third parties.

Why have I heard NOTHING about this yet? Where is the outrage? Is it just that no one actually reads the EULA, or is it that in the age of facebook no one cares about people monitoring everything they do?

What the hell EA. I was gonna buy bf3 over mw3 but im not using new ea products until this is fixed because this is not legal. Especcialy this part, "EA reserves the right to share or sell this information to third parties" Ea has gone currupt. Next time READ the EULA to ensure nobody does this again.

Thanks
5 Users
Old   #2

Nothin new. Almost all online games are spying on you as part of their "anti-cheat" methods. So if you have played online games in the past 5-6 years, they have your data anyway.

Old   #3

Why have I heard NOTHING about this yet?
Cause nobody read the License when they accpet it , and they will not lose they time watching every players computers
Old   #4

i read that part but I really didn't care dunno why

Old   #5

On August 24 2011, EA revised its End User License Agreement, removing several of the controversial sections. They released a statement saying that they had no intention to sell marketing data to third parties, nor install software akin to spyware on its customers PCs. The specific changes to the EULA removed EA's right to transfer collected data to third party users, and clarified that they would only collect application data related to Origin itself

Happened a few days ago.