Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2
You last visited: Today at 18:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Working on a Graphic Extension for Metin2

Discussion on Working on a Graphic Extension for Metin2 within the Metin2 forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 12/22/2022, 07:50   #166

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulll007 View Post
Thank you for what are you doing for this game, I can't believe this old game cand look this game on a modern engine! Congratz!
Any news with the development and anywhere where we can donate or help you?
He is pretty busy writing bots and hacks for the game
Don't put any hope into this project it, there is little chance it get's released somewhen, it's not profitable for him
Old 12/22/2022, 13:40   #167

elite*gold: 135
Received Thanks: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almanyo View Post
He is pretty busy writing bots and hacks for the game
Don't put any hope into this project it, there is little chance it get's released somewhen, it's not profitable for him
I just work on each of these things a few weeks because of burnout to avoid getting bored. And when i work on these things, its like max 2-3 hours/day. So yeah its normal its taking long time to make everything.
Also graphic extension is literally best way to earn money also make game better.

Like i said before, after working on graphic extension 1-1,5 years daily 12-13 hours i got burnout. Because i just wanted to make it better even it was possible to release. Because of graphic extension my every project slowed down because i got burnout. But i'm still continuing all of them even cannot do fast as before.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/01/2023, 17:17   #168

Is this work still continue?
Old 01/07/2023, 02:32   #169

elite*gold: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by incisozluk10 View Post
Is this work still continue?
Yes it is
Old 02/14/2023, 00:23   #170

elite*gold: 80

I was working on raytracing with nvidia Remix but still a lot of work to do for getting a playable enviroment but so far i got some result
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/04/2023, 22:59   #171

So after a break (again fk burnout) i finally finished porting to unreal engine 5, everything working very well. Currently working on lighting etc then i will finish environment. This time i'm planning to finish everything and release without working on anything else.

Here is a 4k video from last state:
Thanks
9 Users
Old 04/19/2023, 22:56   #172

I normally not writing here in ElitePVPer, but! care about your health more then about anything else.

Player-Base can wait for those changes since they never really had something like that, they won't miss it.

For you I understand you want to make profit from your work. But consider your health please dude. If you need a break you need a break. Im a perfectionist myself, but I learned to chill down from time to time.

Great work and hopefully once you done you will make good amount of money, so all of this pain paid off. Take it slow. This community is addicted anyways they wont run away in the next years lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2023, 19:15   #173

Hi everyone!
How can I download this dll? Thanks for answer
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/24/2023, 16:14   #174

These are not ideas to improve, but rather a way to ease the process for release (model: alpha -> beta -> product).

Make an 1:1 copy of the already existing metin2 environment but in UE5. With same terrain, same water, same trees location... a copy.
Then create 1...4 level packs with varying prices that can be bought and add some level of environment change to them.
Example:
Pack lv 1 (cheap price or free) - with little to no difference from original game, only feature is that it appears to be ported to UE5
Pack lv 2 (price) - with changed sky, water and terrain (some low grass)
Pack lv 3 (price) - with new assets (new trees, stones, vegetation)
Pack lv 4 (price) - with changing weather

(kinda reminds me the way you number your other works; familiarity and breaks the project in manageable pieces)

take care! no rush
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2023, 20:13   #175

Can you create a channel about graphic extension on your discord? You add screenshots there and ask questions, but we have no way to give feedback.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2023, 22:36   #176

I'm planning to change camera to something like Lost Ark camera. Camera will be fixed and cannot rotate it. It has very good advantages to get best possible graphics, performance and feeling.
Some information and advantages:
-You can't rotate camera. You can only zoom in-out.
-You can see everywhere without rotating camera and play the game.
-Simply you will get better graphics with better performance.
-You will get higher quality graphics because every asset will be choosen based on camera angle.
-Because camera angle is fixed, doesn't need LODs (low detail 3d models based on distance) so when you are moving objects will look same.
-Higher quality shadows with higher performance.
-Lighting will be better and look good with every angle.
-There will be more details on environment because it will cause less overdraw (rendering a pixel more than once - higher overdraw = bad performance).
-There won't be any wasted pixel on screen, everything will look good. Not empty.

Also i hate using fog to limit view distance, its wasting half of the screen with fog to see white/grey colors :/ I tried to make without limit but it doesn't feel good with metin2, it should be mysterious. Without view distance limit you feel the freedom but you feel like shit playing Metin2 :S So it must be low distance render, only 2 options available: fog to hide view, use fixed camera. I think second one is better. Gameplay will be different but actually it feels good when you are playing it <3

Edit: Or nvm, i will add fixed camera option + original camera but there will limits for camera angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector97PL View Post
Can you create a channel about graphic extension on your discord? You add screenshots there and ask questions, but we have no way to give feedback.
Thanks but when i use discord channel for anything, i spend a lot of time :S Thats why i don't wanna do it. But you can send me message from discord to give feedback, i read messages if its about graphic extension.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/18/2023, 04:05   #177

donde se puede descargar?
Old 08/01/2023, 19:58   #178

whats the current progress on this rn? really hyped for this but I understand its a one man project that takes a lot of time
Old 08/23/2023, 19:53   #179

any update?
Old 08/25/2023, 20:23   #180

elite*gold: 715
Wow... that's impressing.

Tags
extension, gameforge, graphic, metin2, pserver