Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Metin2 > Metin2 PServer - Discussions / Questions > Metin2 PServer Guides & Strategies
You last visited: Today at 04:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Guide] Server behind a router metin2 2010/2011 no hamachi.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] Server behind a router metin2 2010/2011 no hamachi.

Introduction
It seems that metin2 server 2010/2011 files return the local NIC address so the client tries to connect to that connection -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
it looks like the server returns his interface's IP address as target for the client.
However this problem didn't occure on any of my systems yet but there are reports that 2010 files only work on dedicated servers with their own public IP. What files release are you using?
For 2010 files you either need a system with a public IP or a tunneling system like Hamachi (has to be installed on the server)...
So, if that happens (and apparently it does) here is the solution:

I posted this exact post as a reply to an old post, thanks to that post I could think with this solution -->

Excuse me for my bad English, and no German, I'm from Spain. But at least I changed my windows lenguage to English, so the screenshots will be easy to understand.

Quote:
It looks like the server returns his interface's IP address as target for the client.
[...]
For 2010 files you either need a system with a public IP or a tunneling system like Hamachi (has to be installed on the server)...
Beginning of the trouble
A friend and me were making a private server, and after all the work, we were unable to understand why we couldn't made any external connection although DMZ was enabled for this server.

So after almost a month googling different words, I hit to this thread. And made me know what was happening. So the solution or workaround is so simple, you have to put your server in a subnet, and assign that subnet the same range than your public ip, and of course your public ip to that server NIC.

Beginning of the solution with an example
Example (I'm using windows server 2008 R2):
Lets think our public ip is 10.0.0.20 so what we want is the same ip in our metin2 server, so when he return the interface ip, it will be the same as the public ip.

Code:
INTERNET ---> [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Router[/COLOR] --->  (DMZ)  (192.168.1.3) -(NAT)-> Server (10.0.0.20)
                         |
                         |---> PC1 (192.168.1.2)
                         |
                         |---> PC2 (192.168.1.4)
                         |
                         |---> PC3 (192.168.1.5)
So yes, as you can see, you need 2 network adapters on the DMZ computer. If anyone want to test it, one of the way to try it out is using a virtual machine on a windows environment, and install the Microsoft loopback adapter.

To achieve this you must go to the device manager, right-click on your machine name, add legacy hardware, select the hardware manual from a list (advanced) and there you shall seek for network, and when you got there, just select windows, and his loopback adapter.

After that you'll have got one new adapter, the loopback adapter. So, what now? We have to configure this one, with the same range ip than your external IP. Let’s do that.

Yes, it’s that simple, you can add your ISP DNS, and if you are on a DNS Server, will add automatically 127.0.0.1. But really, you don't need to put anything more.

So far, what we have got here is a second network in our DMZ, but there are still work left.

Now what we need to do is to Bridge, our virtual machine network interface, to that newly created.

If you are using virtual box, you can do that with right-click on your machine, then settings, and, under the network setting you chose bridged adapter and the Microsoft loopback adapter.

Íf you are using Vmware Workstation, you must go to Edit --> Virtual network editor. And there you shall change one of the vmnet to bridged, and choose the loopback adapter, in this example I choose, Vmnet6.

Afterwards, you have to configure you virtual machine to use that Vmnet6 connection. If you right-click his network icon, you can select settings, and there you must use "custom: specific virtual network" and use our Vmnet6.

If we have followed all the way here, now we have got our virtual machine in a "subnet", so we have got to configure his IP correctly. NOW is when we are going to assign the same public IP. So, if we want to do that, we just need to type "sysinstall" in our FreeBSD, and configure the network adapter something like that -->

When using the host and the domain, i don't think that is really very important. but the fact is that I use myself there. What is really important is the "name server", you have to use there some real DNS, at last, youll need that if you want to install from internet things on your FreeBSD, else your will be unable to resolve internet names. I simply use my ISP DNS.

Now we reboot our freebsd.

And now the last steep. What we need to do is simply redirect the incoming traffic from our DMZ from the example, to that other IP. There are some programs if you want to do it. You can use portmaps, you can use Routing and Remote Access (RRAS), or some other software. They all are almost the same, but in my example, since we are working with windows server 2008, I'm using Routing and Remote Access (RRAS). (tested it with portmaps and it does work!)

If you want to install RRAS here is the guide (it’s one of the windows server 2008 features) --> Installing RRAS

After installing that one, you simply right-click on your RRAS server and select configure[...] you do next, and select NAT.

Then you must choose what is the network connected directly to the router (the one that give you internet, normally your local area connection)

Then you select the virtual loopback that we created before.
[NOTE] if there are no more networks left than the loopback, it could be that RRAS will select automatically your loopback network.

After that, you already have got almost ready your tunneling from internet to your metin2 server with the same router IP. What we need to do now is just to redirect those desired ports that you are using in metin2. As you know those ports are into the config files of each channel folder, and auth folder.

We have to go to IPv4 --> NAT --> right-click local area connection --> properties, and just add each one of the ports. And of course you chose your "router" IP, since is the one of that metin2 server, from that virtual network.
Code:
 I have changed the name of the loopback adapter, from local network 2, to Virtual Area connection, so it’s more visual for me.

once you put all the ports needed there the server will be ready to run, and players from outside your LAN will be able to join. But you could have troubles to join from your LAN, since without making some more networking work, you will not see that metin2 machine from the other LAN computers.

Code:
 As a final note, if you want to make sure, all the traffic to the 10.0.0.20 (our metin2 new ip) is redirected through the loopback network, and not to the router, you can do the next line in CMD:
route add 10.0.0.20 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.1 METRIC 1 -p

Doing that you are telling your system, that when you are going to the 10.0.0.20 IP you will do it from the 10.0.0.1 interface. and the metric 1 is to tell the system, that have got the most possible priority.
As last thing, remember to change those example IP with your real public ip.

Thanks for your time, Thanks [email protected], thanks to you, and my partner ArcZero, I could get with this solution.
ArcZero asked me, so you can assign any ip to the server, right? so, can you just assign the router ip? nah forget this, sound foolish...

That just did me to think. Yes you can do it! And yes, it is working now.

Of course, thanks to TraDeus, your question was my answer.

And obviously, many thanks to elitepvpers for your knowledge and simply this forum.

Thanks
13 Users
Old 07/24/2012, 16:57   #2

nice thanks but is players connect with mc sura

so not one exe ?

Old 07/25/2012, 00:14   #3

Hello laben you are welcome.

The fact is that I'm not the metin2 technician. That is in charge of my partner. But I asked him and told me: " we are using serverinfo.py into root.
Moreover he told me that MC is a bit unstable and use default ports, and since almost no files come with default ports, is not a good choose."

I wish that answer your question.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2012, 01:07   #4

The Black Market: 182/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,341
wow nice thanks *-*

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2012, 08:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddynator View Post
Hello laben you are welcome.

The fact is that I'm not the metin2 technician. That is in charge of my partner. But I asked him and told me: " we are using serverinfo.py into root.
Moreover he told me that MC is a bit unstable and use default ports, and since almost no files come with default ports, is not a good choose."

I wish that answer your question.
@eddynator thank you very much for your interest

i created virtual box or vmware and they are so players need connect with mc sura

how can i do without mc sura so one exe

because if connect without mc sura kick login screen

this for me very important
Old 07/25/2012, 20:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing View Post
wow nice thanks *-*
Haha, you are welcome ^.^

@laben

My partner(ArcZero) told that you will need a client witch do not use MC sura, and if you get error when connecting, it could be possible that the cause is the PONG. You need to configure the same PONG in the clientmetin2.exe/.bin. That PONG is find into the game file, into the server.

Moreover he told me that it is not easy to find that PONG since it is anywere in that file.

He told me too, that some of your troubles connecting could be because you have wrong port configuration in serverinfo.py at your root.

Although if we want to know why you cant connect, we would need more information. Have you got you server behind a router, did you bridge your vmware to your physical network? did you open the ports? Are you using 2007 files? or 1010/2011?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2012, 21:16   #7

elite*gold: 435
ist das jetzt so wie ein Root nur daheim oder wie kappiers nicht so ganz =(
Old 07/25/2012, 22:47   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi1994 View Post
ist das jetzt so wie ein Root nur daheim oder wie kappiers nicht so ganz =(
Can anyone translate it? I'm using Google translator, and I don't get all. Sorry I don't understand it.
Old 07/26/2012, 06:43   #9

elite*gold: 44
Received Thanks: 1,744
Even if home servers seem to be slightly outdated in today's PServer business, this is f*ckin' awesome.

Finally, someone understands some of the background knowledge which most people don't do. I really appreciate your interest in my technical posts. Thanks for the quotation.

I personally like the method of loopback interfaces and use them on my Jails setups in FreeBSD. However, I never digged deeper into Windows' Loopback capabilities since I really hate that OS.

Information:
Alle, die sich für die technischen Hintergründe interssieren und diese lieber in deutsch nachlesen wollen, finden meinen Blog-Post zu dem Thema hier:

(keine Übersetzung des Guides)
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/26/2012, 08:34   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Finally, someone understands some of the background knowledge which most people don't do. I really appreciate your interest in my technical posts. Thanks for the quotation.
Well, what to say. I'm glad to hear that.
The fact is that, since I'm not metin2's server expert, I was unable to know why was that happening (about internal ip being handled to game client) so... I could though this solution thanks to your post. Before that, we were just trying some configuration in the metin2's files, and client's files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Information:
Alle, die sich für die technischen Hintergründe interssieren und diese lieber in deutsch nachlesen wollen, finden meinen Blog-Post zu dem Thema hier:

(keine Übersetzung des Guides)

[email protected], I just went to your blog, and saw my post there. Im so thankful you did this. So really many thank you very much.
Old 07/26/2012, 13:33   #11

Excuse me for my bad English!
... is this a DynDns server ? or a locale for lan-party and so ? and can connect players on the server without the sura.exe?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/26/2012, 14:05   #12

Quote:
Excuse me for my bad English!
You are excused. Mine is worst than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi1994
... is this a DynDns server ? or a locale for lan-party and so ?
I have got static public ip address, so my public ip is always the same. Good point! I'll add that one to the guide since is important.
No, it is not a local lan-party. Players from internet can join the server and enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi1994
and can connect players on the server without the sura.exe?
Yeah, we don't use sura.exe, players must connect without it (we provide our custom metin2 client)
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/26/2012, 14:22   #13

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,479
Windows 97? -> Nice thx
Old 07/26/2012, 14:36   #14

(kann das mal wer auf Deutsch übersetzen ?) wär super

@eddynator
i can't connect on my server, i'm the host and the IP is 10.0.0.1 in the serverinfo ... -.-
Old 07/26/2012, 16:51   #15

Quote:
(kann das mal wer auf Deutsch übersetzen ?) wär super
About translation, I don't know anyone who can translate it.

Quote:
@eddynator
i can't connect on my server, i'm the host and the IP is 10.0.0.1 in the serverinfo ... -.-
To begin with, remember that in our example, those are fictitious IPs. What you shall do is to change those IPs for your real IPs. Its a bit odd to have something like 10.0.0.1.
I Usually see 192.168.x.x for internal lan IP, and something like 80.x.x.x or 90.x.x.x or that, for external ip.

Are you behind a router?
I would need more information, are you using 2010/2011 files? or 2007. Although remember my guide is just to configure a sub-network (virtual or not) to be able to have the same ip in the FreeBSD than our public external ip, and to control what can, and what cannot, enter to our FreeBSD with NAT.

I tried to translate it with google translate. I wish it helps you to understand a bit better what I am telling:
Code:
Zunächst einmal daran erinnern, dass in unserem Beispiel jene fiktiven IPs
 sind. Was werdet ihr tun ist, um diese IP-Adressen für Ihre echte 
IP-Adressen ändern. Es ist ein bisschen seltsam, so etwas wie 10.0.0.1 haben.
Ich in der Regel sehen für interne LAN-IP 192.168.xx,
 und so etwas wie 80.xxx oder 90.xxx oder dass für externe IP.

Bist du hinter einem Router?
Ich möchte mehr Informationen benötigen, 
verwenden Sie 2010/2011 Dateien? oder 2007. 
Zwar erinnere mich an meinen Führer ist,
 nur um ein Sub-Netzwerk (virtuell oder nicht) in der Lage sein, 
die gleiche IP im FreeBSD als unsere öffentliche externe IP 
haben zu konfigurieren und zu kontrollieren, 
was kann und was nicht, um unsere FreeBSD geben mit NAT .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyboss View Post
Windows 97? -> Nice thx
Windows 97? I think I missed that one! haha.
And it was a pleasure to share this knowledge with you

Closed Thread

« [RELEASE] Pack Module Fix | [GUIDE]Game Core (r2019 unstripped) auf FreeBSD8 / 64bit »