Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 02:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement
Bitcoin Dice Game

Question about virtual goods and Paypal

Discussion on Question about virtual goods and Paypal within the Main forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question about virtual goods and Paypal

Dear Forum,

recently i found an game-account i would like to buy.
The seller can change the email to one of mine, he also would send me a copy of his id, and he would accept paypal as transaction.

How should i handle the trade?
I'm scared that i get scammed afterwards, like he recovers the account 1 month later.
Should i record the transaction, like video proof?
What can i do if that happens?

Does paypal give me any kind of protection if i pay the usual way (not via family and friends)?

Best Regards

Old 04/21/2018, 15:49   #2

elite*gold: 129527
The Black Market: 597/1/0
To which game does the account belong to?

Old 04/21/2018, 15:59   #3

elite*gold: 74
What game? and yes you're protected if you use goods service
Old 04/22/2018, 11:28   #4

elite*gold: 871
The Black Market: 1166/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussabo85 View Post
Does paypal give me any kind of protection if i pay the usual way (not via family and friends)?
not with a 100% guarantee.

I as seller would not accept Paypal without family and friends as the insurance is only for the buyer, not for the seller, so if the seller gets scammed he has lost everything.

And itīs also luck based wether Paypal gives you the money as you have to give proofs and a person at paypal has to make a decission, it could also happen that someone send faked proofs to paypal and the case will be closed against you. I talked with someone at Paypal and the people who have to make the decissions are not really happy with that insurance as itīs not easy to make a decission, just take a look into our support forum here and you will see the reason why! For example in case of banned accounts, how was the good given to the trade partner? Skype? Discord? E-Mail? etc. etc. there are so many things where you donīt know how paypal will make a decission at the end.

Paypal is **** at all so first rule is donīt buy from people who are not trusted enough so that you donīt need any protection from paypal.

Donīt trust someone who is telling you something else, itīs just bullshit.

Old 04/22/2018, 15:23   #5

elite*gold: 0
Thanks for all the answers.

The game is black desert online.
Old 04/22/2018, 22:19   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussabo85 View Post
Thanks for all the answers.

The game is black desert online.
Depending on the game there is a change between 0 and 100% to get an account recovered, so there are games where you can buy an acc. with a risk like 0% ... but Iīm not the right person for black desert online.
Old 04/22/2018, 22:37   #7

elite*gold: 129527
The Black Market: 597/1/0
I don't know how it is, when you pay with Paypal the usual way. But I would never trust Paypal when you are trading with virtual goods.

I had one case where I used the Paypal buyer protection, after I did not received my virtual good. (Paid the usual way). They gave me my money back. Maybe because the seller did not gave any answer on Paypal.

Recording the transaction is never a bad idea.

If you got scammed, you have only 2 options:
1. Try to get your money back through Paypal (maybe with success or not).
2. Go to the police with his ID card copy.
Old 04/22/2018, 22:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by .TRiPLeX View Post
2. Go to the police with his ID card copy.
I would never give anybody my ID Card, youīll never know what other people are doing with your ID Card.

A good Scammer always got an ID Card from a third person or a faked one. So at the end ID Cards are also useless without any other proofs that the guy on the other side of the line is the guy on the ID Card.

Itīs also like a fake security, itīs also not enough if the name on the ID Card + the name on the Paypal Account are the same as the Paypal Acc. could be unverified so you can always open an account with third party names and move the money straight away to someone else or buy something with it.

And Paypal has removed the posibility to check wether an account is verified or not... due to "data protection".

Next point, ID Card from a person living outside of your country is also a kind of useless when you go to police most reports will get closed if the person who scammed you lived in another country.

« TBM ratings bugged out for me | elitepvpers asking me a pin code »