Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 23:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Idea: The Mentor Thread

Discussion on Idea: The Mentor Thread within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 05/26/2010, 00:36   #46

elite*gold: 0
Hi, I would also like to have mentor too :P but i really have no clue about modding so some who can help me start with the basic modding is appreciated.

of course one day i wish i can do the advance stuff too :P
Old 05/26/2010, 00:51   #47

I've added you to the adoptee list.
Old 05/26/2010, 21:31   #48

i know very basics about modding, such as xml editing, pmg swapping, and looking at unpacker

but i don't know how to mess with the .dlls and they seems to be the part of modding that really contribute to a modding community.

Thus, i want to learn to mod so i can contribute by reviving fantasia (ijl15) or come up with usefull features.
I have a basic understanding of mod ethics and i won't ever release game breaking mods to the public.

also, i will try to be not bothersome to the mentor so i won't ask questions 24/7 or spam pms.

Thank you for reading this and i hope i get a respectable mentor who will guide me.
Old 05/26/2010, 23:13   #49

abc33kr, I've added you to the adoptee list. hiatezero and Coldwill, you've both been adopted by skititlez. It would be nice to get a few more mentors in here, so the others aren't overwhelmed.
Old 05/27/2010, 03:09   #50

Pretty much the tutoring I require is how to mod a file.
NOT changing & rename. Thats totally different.
Old 05/27/2010, 07:39   #51

A very interesting idea. I could help if there's dll modding questions.
Old 05/27/2010, 22:13   #52

Alright, I've been stalking this thread for quite a while, and I guess I'll bite.

If someone needs some assistance, you could ask me, but I'm sure that others who know me will agree that I'm not exactly the friendliest of people, but so long as you've clearly put forth some effort, I'll do the same.
Old 05/27/2010, 23:21   #53

Hurrah, two new mentors :0
Darkboy132, thats pretty much the whole idea :U
We have two people currently up for adoption, abc33kr and Darkboy132.
Old 05/29/2010, 23:13   #54

Tsuki-sama would you be my mentor?
Old 05/31/2010, 01:57   #55

Hello, I'm Ver990 and I'm a noob.
I would like to request a mentor please.
I am willing to go the distance for mentor and will learn anything and everything they have to teach me.
I also enjoy long walks on the beach and think legit players are icky.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2010, 23:03   #56

Ugh, I haven't been able to update this in a while :v
Gems, I'm actually quite bad at modding. I'm thinking of requesting a mentor myself :v
I can find you a mentor though.
Same for you, Ver.
Old 06/03/2010, 21:21   #57

Man.... people putting themselves up for adoption... what has this world come to..... on a side note I'd like to learn more about modding myself. I know the simplest stuff like pmg swapping and even some dll editing but nothing too advanced as I don't understand code as much as I'd like. Though I can be a bit incompetent at times I'm a fast learner at things that interest me. I'm not asking for pro mod handouts I'm asking for the knowledge of how to make them myself.
Old 06/03/2010, 22:13   #58

Seems like a good idea. Time to get out of lurking~

Well, I just came back to Mabi, so, ADOPTION PLIS.
Old 06/03/2010, 22:59   #59

umm lol, ok
Old 06/04/2010, 07:35   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiOokami View Post
Ugh, I haven't been able to update this in a while :v
Gems, I'm actually quite bad at modding. I'm thinking of requesting a mentor myself :v
I can find you a mentor though.
Same for you, Ver.
That line made me laugh.. alot xD