Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 11:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] CRC-Check bypass

Discussion on [Question] CRC-Check bypass within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 240
[Question] CRC-Check bypass

ok i get to a point in my debugging to search for text but i have NO clue what to search... any pointers? TYVM in advance
Old 01/17/2010, 21:06   #2

elite*gold: 0
Hmmm
A CRC Check is a check to make sure the file isn't different, right?
Old 01/17/2010, 21:07   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreative. View Post
Hmmm
A CRC Check is a check to make sure the file isn't different, right?
mhm well crc = Cyclic redundancy check
Old 01/17/2010, 23:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbstewa View Post
ok i get to a point in my debugging to search for text but i have NO clue what to search... any pointers? TYVM in advance
Nvm no hints... you're one of the people who PMed me -_-
Old 01/18/2010, 00:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB990 View Post
hurrrrr.
Old 01/18/2010, 01:10   #6

this is already getting open -_-
Old 01/18/2010, 03:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB990 View Post
Funny it's NOT like I am some leech asking it to be done I am merely asking for what to search in the strings so flaming me for asking for one term is bad??? At least I am TRYING to do it myself
Old 01/18/2010, 04:09   #8

Reception is even simpler: The entire message including check sequence is passed through the same circuit that was used to generate the check sequence. The result of the circuit should then be all-zeros, indicating that the CRC verification succeeded.

This means that the checksum matches the data; it does not say that the data has not been tampered with. But for reasonable CRCs, the probability of accidental changes to the message that retain the validity of the CRC, the probability is negligible. To prevent "intelligent" tampering, cryptographic means are inevitable.
Old 01/18/2010, 11:31   #9

Quote:
Funny it's NOT like I am some leech asking it to be done I am merely asking for what to search in the strings so flaming me for asking for one term is bad??? At least I am TRYING to do it myself
You're asking him how to do it.

Asking how to do it =/= doing it for yourself, specially not when you ask "What do I search for?"

It's like me having a key to every house, ever, and asking someone "hey, what key is for your house, so that I can break in and take all your stuff?"

Do you get that? You're just asking for him to do it for you, but in another way.
You've not said what you've TRIED searching for, or that you have made any effort to try. You just asked him "HAY WAT I SRCH FOAR?"

AKB isn't that helpful ANYWAY, you'd be better off trying to stab HS with a paperclip.

<3 you really AKB :3
Old 01/18/2010, 15:15   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_j View Post
You're asking him how to do it.

Asking how to do it =/= doing it for yourself, specially not when you ask "What do I search for?"

It's like me having a key to every house, ever, and asking someone "hey, what key is for your house, so that I can break in and take all your stuff?"

Do you get that? You're just asking for him to do it for you, but in another way.
You've not said what you've TRIED searching for, or that you have made any effort to try. You just asked him "HAY WAT I SRCH FOAR?"

AKB isn't that helpful ANYWAY, you'd be better off trying to stab HS with a paperclip.

<3 you really AKB :3
i have tried several things but i don't want to say it here and someone else flame me for my stupidity of not searching the right stuff... but i have the knowledge to get to the point where i search referenced strings for something and i know the rest but i just have no clue what to search to bypass... and i really DON'T want to go very much more into detail on the forum because of leeches and nexon staffs and spam bots >,>
Old 01/18/2010, 15:31   #11

Quote:
i have tried several things but i don't want to say it here and someone else flame me for my stupidity of not searching the right stuff... but i have the knowledge to get to the point where i search referenced strings for something and i know the rest but i just have no clue what to search to bypass... and i really DON'T want to go very much more into detail on the forum because of leeches and nexon staffs and spam bots >,>
Then don't bother? hurrrrrr.
Old 01/18/2010, 15:58   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreative. View Post
Then don't bother? hurrrrrr.
yeah it's quite stupid of me to go to such lengths for the cp mod >,> seeing as that's the only one i really use
Old 01/18/2010, 17:20   #13

You would need to stop or fool hackshield when it does a crc check on the client in memory.
Old 01/18/2010, 17:22   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theri View Post
You would need to stop or fool hackshield when it does a crc check on the client in memory.
On the DLL's... though you're technically right.
Old 01/18/2010, 17:29   #15

Changing the dll files crc doesnt do anything, nice try though.

Edit:

You've made it pretty clear through your attention whoring that you aren't actually going to contribute anything, you might as well just post +1 since all you're doing is padding your post count.
Closed Thread