Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 01:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Packet edit trade

Discussion on Packet edit trade within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Packet edit trade

I tried doing this, but then my computer somehow crashed, so im on slow computer.

By packet edit trade i mean by, like taking the item from the person you trade.
Old 11/25/2009, 06:56   #2

Instead of making one new Thread after another, post here:
Old 11/25/2009, 09:59   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycee View Post
I tried doing this, but then my computer somehow crashed, so im on slow computer.

By packet edit trade i mean by, like taking the item from the person you trade.
The use or release of this type of information would spawn a world of fear for traders every where and induce distrust for any mabinogi player. to do something like this is the same as scamming. instead of cheating other players out of their gold, items or valuables. why don't you work for it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/25/2009, 10:58   #4

I am really starting to become against any more information being traded publicly as its has proven to be negative( which is why I didn't even share what I knew during this owl event). too many leechers, now I am not against the creation of ideas but to then post the process in making that idea possible, just brings the leech community to the doorsteps of this section.

Were obviously being watched now by many of the curious players of mabi, so anything that is discussed that might have information on how to preform a certain exploit will only be grabbed up and turned into a pandemic.

And most of the leech community can't handle themselves responsibly with information such as this and just spreads the word.

I just think no more of this throwing exploits on the community forums anymore.

again this is just one persons opinion on the matter. be delicate with your criticism x3

Now I must make more Hoji tea as it looks like I am running low T_T
Old 11/25/2009, 12:25   #5

I'm all for free development of hacks/mods, but this even goes over the line for me. This is one hack that will drive me, as well as tons of others, to completely lose interest in the game.

I have no intentions of even trying to work on it, nor assisting anyone with said intentions. I'm rather confident everyone who has a reasonable amount of knowledge about how to do this would also be in the same boat.
Old 11/25/2009, 15:34   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekenshin View Post
I am really starting to become against any more information being traded publicly as its has proven to be negative( which is why I didn't even share what I knew during this owl event). too many leechers, now I am not against the creation of ideas but to then post the process in making that idea possible, just brings the leech community to the doorsteps of this section.

Were obviously being watched now by many of the curious players of mabi, so anything that is discussed that might have information on how to preform a certain exploit will only be grabbed up and turned into a pandemic.

And most of the leech community can't handle themselves responsibly with information such as this and just spreads the word.

I just think no more of this throwing exploits on the community forums anymore.

again this is just one persons opinion on the matter. be delicate with your criticism x3

Now I must make more Hoji tea as it looks like I am running low T_T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmage333 View Post
I'm all for free development of hacks/mods, but this even goes over the line for me. This is one hack that will drive me, as well as tons of others, to completely lose interest in the game.

I have no intentions of even trying to work on it, nor assisting anyone with said intentions. I'm rather confident everyone who has a reasonable amount of knowledge about how to do this would also be in the same boat.
agreed. ._.

even when you try to help people... some people gotta ruin it for everyone. dammed leechers. >>

IF there was a forum that released stuff where the public couldn't view it, and a small community of people (who KNOW what there talking about) would share it with each other.... then that would be best.
Old 11/25/2009, 15:35   #7

I don't think it is possible nevertheless. You can't force a packet making the other person hit "complete". It's the same thing as sending a recv" packet. and we all know or BETTER know what that does >_>;
Old 11/25/2009, 15:48   #8

That is one hack that I would never use ._.

Force trading is just not cool and it would cause me not be able to merchant because I dont have advanced play and i rely on the trade window...
Old 11/25/2009, 16:50   #9

The issue is never the development and the release of these Hacks/Mods, the issue comes when "people" if you can even call them that abuse these rights and privileges. Something such as forced trade could actually be useful in cases such as clearing the foreign bots inventories and expanding our own bottable range. But that's besides the point. It is not right to keep this information solely for the elite or those that have the knowledge base, those whom use the mods should offer ideas as to new mods, spur the development of new things (without begging), and use what is taken from here in a responsible manner. It's terrible to see how this forum has decayed over the last few months, leeching is out of control. Can people be screened like phone calls? XD
Old 11/25/2009, 18:04   #10

Dont you people remember this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSun View Post
Before this goes any further. Let's all agree on one thing and swear to it!
If we do start dll editing and using things like infinite hp, let's only use it for good and and privately for places like dungeons. Swear to never abuse these things against other players unless they are clearly deserving of punishment!
Old 11/25/2009, 22:41   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets2fly2 View Post
IF there was a forum that released stuff where the public couldn't view it, and a small community of people (who KNOW what there talking about) would share it with each other.... then that would be best.
isn't that just basically the UG?
Old 11/26/2009, 00:08   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudkiller2006 View Post
isn't that just basically the UG?
Yea, thats pretty the definition of the UG. ._.'
Old 11/26/2009, 11:47   #13

At very least it appears that 90% of the other members here agree that SOME information shouldn't be given out to the public. either greed or fear would destroy the game if certain elements were missused.
Old 11/26/2009, 15:16   #14

Nah it wouldnt simply force a Roll Back- Thus causing everyone who used it to be banned and back to square one of where it was majorly released.
Closed Thread