Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 17:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New to mobi..

Discussion on New to mobi.. within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New to mobi..

Okay I just started playing mobi last week, as of today first birthday. Here's my problem I working on a spell caster, the annoying this is. That it is nearly impossible to get the advanced magics and if you do find the pages for sell the prices are outrageous with the in game markets. So next to grinding for a year to get any enjoyment out of the game and to even find a way to do the g1-g3 quest. I was wondering if you guys have any tips or mods my room-mates play one mods alot but wont share them complaining that its wrong to have them. Anyway would love the help. thank you for your time.
Old 07/23/2009, 12:42   #2

Being a pure spellcaster will be a hard and expensive road to take.
Don't even think about Advanced Magic at first, focus on getting Basic Magic to high ranks first.

Your constant problem will be the lack of Mana. You can only regenerate Mana at night, by standing near moongates, Mana potions or Meditation.
Mana potions are drop/potion making only. So I recommend you get Herbalism and Potion making too. Meditation forces you to walk unless you have a Combat Wand equipped.
Wands are expensive overall. Thus making them expensive to repair/upgrade aswell.

The first Advanced Magic you should go for would be Thunder or IceSpear.
Fireball is very hard to get, sucks down your AP and punches your CP up into heavens.

You will not be able to finish G2 with magic only... or maybe you will but it will be pretty hard. Since you will have to solo kill Ogre Warrior which have Mana Refractor, therefore are resistent to magic. Firecounter is the only way for low levels to get them. And if your counter is too low, you're more likley to run out of time in the dungeon.

Except for the basic mods you can find here, if you're looking for something Mage Specifit, forget it.

Have a terrific day ;D
Old 07/23/2009, 14:11   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasorikun View Post
Don't even think about Advanced Magic at first, focus on getting Basic Magic to high ranks first.

Your constant problem will be the lack of Mana. You can only regenerate Mana at night, by standing near moongates, Mana potions or Meditation.
Mana potions are drop/potion making only. So I recommend you get Herbalism and Potion making too. Meditation forces you to walk unless you have a Combat Wand equipped.
Wands are expensive overall. Thus making them expensive to repair/upgrade aswell.

Fireball is very hard to get, sucks down your AP and punches your CP up into heavens.

You will not be able to finish G2 with magic only... or maybe you will but it will be pretty hard. Since you will have to solo kill Ogre Warrior which have Mana Refractor, therefore are resistent to magic. Firecounter is the only way for low levels to get them. And if your counter is too low, you're more likley to run out of time in the dungeon.

Except for the basic mods you can find here, if you're looking for something Mage Specifit, forget it.

Have a terrific day ;D
hehehe, few mistakes there saso

-you can regenerate mana over day, but its a lot slower (x5 at night i think)

-all wands allow running with meditate, not just the combat wand

-scratch ice spear as "first to get" cause that quest is, in my experience, even longer then fireball

-with all magics rank D i finished G2...magic only. not THAT hard, fire counter works with counter rank F as long as your not close to the walls

-it's "Specific" not specifit
Old 07/23/2009, 15:15   #4

Quote:

Have a terrific day ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudkiller2006 View Post

-scratch ice spear as "first to get" cause that quest is, in my experience, even longer then fireball

-with all magics rank D i finished G2...magic only. not THAT hard, fire counter works with counter rank F as long as your not close to the walls

You guys are meanies. :O

I can't help since I'm Close-Combat, but I went through all the ADV Magic for some Friend, and I can tell you it was HELL. He said it wasn't worth it.

So, heres my opinion: Magic sucks as main Fighting-Style.
Old 07/23/2009, 15:56   #5

Quote:

I would love to kill you. ^___^

-I don't care how low mana regeneration is during day. I'm an inpatient person therefore it doesn't exist for me at all.

-I don't give a ****.

-Well I have no idea how often you spam Fidoh Inter for 4 to get FB9 and 10
or Alby Inter for 4 to get FB8 or where you get the spare 10 million from to get those three Pages but I wouldn't start off with trying to get Fireball.
IS and L are far easier/cheaper to get.

-Again, I'm not a patient person, I did G2 without Firebolt. I just smashed and windmilled those suckers to death. But if you have low level Firebolt and low level Counter you better bring an extra pack of time.

-Before you start correcting my typos, I suggest you get hold of a set of "Punctuation" and "Capital-Letter-At-The-Beginning-Of-A-Sentence".

Have a terrific death! ;D
Old 07/23/2009, 16:57   #6

Quote:
I would love to kill you. ^___^

-I don't care how low mana regeneration is during day. I'm an inpatient person therefore it doesn't exist for me at all.

-I don't give a ****.

-Well I have no idea how often you spam Fidoh Inter for 4 to get FB9 and 10
or Alby Inter for 4 to get FB8 or where you get the spare 10 million from to get those three Pages but I wouldn't start off with trying to get Fireball.
IS and L are far easier/cheaper to get.

-Again, I'm not a patient person, I did G2 without Firebolt. I just smashed and windmilled those suckers to death. But if you have low level Firebolt and low level Counter you better bring an extra pack of time.

-Before you start correcting my typos, I suggest you get hold of a set of "Punctuation" and "Capital-Letter-At-The-Beginning-Of-A-Sentence".

Have a terrific death! ;D
Back up Saso, or you'll be infracted in no time! ^-^
Old 07/23/2009, 17:33   #7

Darki, please stop spamming this Thread and get back to Topic oki? ^^
Messages like this you can send me via PN without filling Threads with offtopic stuff
Besides, "I would love to kill you!" is a non vulgar, non offensive way to express harsh feelings towards someone, I don't see any flame in it, it just may be slightly intimidating, but nothing against the rules ^^ Its not even a threat.
"Have a terrific death!" is a common typo, what I ment is "Have a horrific day!" but... you know the keys are like all next to each other.

Ok back to topic:

Being a pure mage in Mabi means having a hard time. Especially for people who just started.
Getting basic magic means having to buy books or take magic classes.
(Except for the books you get from quests.)

Getting adv. magic means doing horrible collection quests or buying the pages for a total of [ungodly amount of money here].

Its easier to start off as a melee fighter first, at least to have enought blow to finish G2 and G3 without too much trouble. And yea, as a side note, if you wanna be a full mage, definetly go for Dark Knight. Unlike Paladins, DKs get an INT boost and lots of Mana.
If you want it quick, you might skip G1, do G2, become Paladin, skip G3 and become Dark Knight.
Old 07/23/2009, 18:00   #8

Quote:
Darki, please stop spamming this Thread and get back to Topic oki? ^^
Messages like this you can send me via PN without filling Threads with offtopic stuff
Besides, "I would love to kill you!" is a non vulgar, non offensive way to express harsh feelings towards someone, I don't see any flame in it, it just may be slightly intimidating, but nothing against the rules ^^ Its not even a threat.
"Have a terrific death!" is a common typo, what I ment is "Have a horrific day!" but... you know the keys are like all next to each other.
It's not Off-Topic, warnings and co. are always excused

Besides, wishing someone a terrific death could be counted as "Insult", which could get you an Infraction. :P

Anyways, my post wasn't only about warning you, also about my opinion, so even if you were right, I still posted On-Topic. ;P

Quote:
Being a pure mage in Mabi means having a hard time. Especially for people who just started.
Getting basic magic means having to buy books or take magic classes.
(Except for the books you get from quests.)

Getting adv. magic means doing horrible collection quests or buying the pages for a total of [ungodly amount of money here].

Its easier to start off as a melee fighter first, at least to have enought blow to finish G2 and G3 without too much trouble. And yea, as a side note, if you wanna be a full mage, definetly go for Dark Knight. Unlike Paladins, DKs get an INT boost and lots of Mana.
If you want it quick, you might skip G1, do G2, become Paladin, skip G3 and become Dark Knight.
Thats right.

Overall, it should be explained with this:

Pure Mage:
Hard to get, takes a long time to get all spells, and if you don't want to stick with some of Mabinogis most horrible Quests, you gotta pay a lot.

Half Mage, Half Melee:
Easy to get, not necessary as expensive as a pure Mage, pretty powerful and still got some awesome magic to use.

Half Mage, Half Archer:
No experience, can't tell you about that.
Old 07/24/2009, 00:19   #9

since im just bout apure magic type in mabinogi ^^ i say rank up ur ice to bout 9 or 5 then heal( because quest at rank 9 gives 5 xtra ap which helped a lil bit while givn me the skill needed to leech off others wen im tired xD) then fire and lightning. thats where im at now xD and yes as sasori said, pure magic type gameplay... is a long pennyless horrable gmeplay, i myself like it cause makes me feel accomplished that i am getting thru 1 the hardest gameplay stradegies eva xD
Old 07/24/2009, 02:15   #10

Lol o_o what i learned from boss rush is.... r1 magic<melee, spamming lightning on a skele... took like 10 seconds longer than... me just running over there and hitting it once O-o.....which added like... 3 minutes to my time until i realized how slow it was... BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

Magic is strong in the beginning... but then it just goes downhill once you compare it to other styles. Having 200 int and 300 int is like... 5-10 damage difference in magic lol o_O where as having.. 200 str and 300 str is like...40/30 max min damage difference in melee. Adv magic takes up time to charge... so you can take the higher risk of being aggroed O-o. So... you probably need a party to do dungeons if you just only rank magic... unless you prefer it that way.

and.. sas you said moongate i thought to regenerate mana you had to stand by mana tunnels in iria... O-o

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE LIKE. "tl;dr"

In short Magic is one of the strongest in the beginning for little ap, but weak in the long run unless you get r1 adv magic... then it's just slow in the long run with high damage.

But hey 125 seconds to cast r1 fb and launch it in ciar adv... or 1-2 smashes which is like 10 seconds. o_O
Old 07/24/2009, 08:11   #11

Moongates aswell as Mana tunnels.

AAAAND Don't forget Huynh,
High Rank FB (4 to 1 I think) gives you STR.
So if you want to reach absolute strenght and become the ultimate Warrior you will need it anyway.
Old 07/24/2009, 13:03   #12

hmm that reminds me...does chaincast work on adv magics? i never actually tried it xD
Old 07/24/2009, 19:32   #13

Quote:
Moongates aswell as Mana tunnels.

AAAAND Don't forget Huynh,
High Rank FB (4 to 1 I think) gives you STR.
So if you want to reach absolute strenght and become the ultimate Warrior you will need it anyway.
Yes... that is why i rank everything rofl... o_o My fb is... only rank e sadly... even though it does over 2k lol.. and i'll be working on all those str giving things... like FISHING (Rank A) which is extremely time taking after i get r1 fh O-o

Quote:
hmm that reminds me...does chaincast work on adv magics? i never actually tried it xD
No chain casting does not work on adv magic otherwise that'd simply be overkill, that'd be so annoying in guild war rofl FB FB FB FB every 5 seconds...
Old 07/25/2009, 01:26   #14

not even on ego wands? DX

also: oh *** imagine that guild war...*scared* imah hide under the bed DX
Old 07/25/2009, 01:32   #15

Ego wands can't... but they do get that chain casting without the extra mp which is always nice
Closed Thread