Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 04:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ducat overflow bug

Discussion on Ducat overflow bug within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ducat overflow bug

I wish to know how it works. Someone PM me the details. You want something in return? Work it out with me over PM.
Old 11/01/2011, 13:10   #2

That'll depend on what you can give in return
Old 11/01/2011, 15:05   #3

In KOR client, this occured RANDOMLY.

and already patched (...some of users are banned and all of overflowed ducats are removed).

If devCAT is stupid enough to apply Ducat system with this 'Glitch' not patched,
This will work:

Make your ducat '-1'
then, because ducat is 'Unsigned Long' type variable, it'll be 4294967295(FFFFFFFF).

However, Buy more than my budget to make negative ducat is never worked for me.
It always crashed my client.
Old 11/01/2011, 15:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcy1019 View Post
In KOR client, this occured RANDOMLY.

and already patched (...some of users are banned and all of overflowed ducats are removed).

If devCAT is stupid enough to apply Ducat system with this 'Glitch' not patched,
This will work:

Make your ducat '-1'
then, because ducat is 'Unsigned Long' type variable, it'll be 4294967295(FFFFFFFF).

However, Buy more than my budget to make negative ducat is never worked for me.
It always crashed my client.
You don't have to explain just what an overflow error is.

So you mean to say this is totally random, implying it can't be controlled, yet people were being banned for it?

And how are you even accomplishing making the client crash? You're not trying to memory edit your client's Ducat reading or something are you? Because that isn't going to accomplish anything. Neither is trying to force purchase of more product than you have Ducats, as there is a server side check.

Now, I'm not entirely convinced this bug exists just yet, but there were multiple king maces being sold by a single player on Alexina on day 1, lending pretty heavily to proof of it's existence on NA servers.

As a side note, if I'm offering source code to Potato, and help with getting a working dev enviroment set up for those who want to make their own pake mods, or I can do the grunt work, just tell me what you want it to do, assuming it's possible.
Old 11/01/2011, 16:05   #5

Hit me up with the source code to potato.
Old 11/02/2011, 15:25   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdirection View Post
You don't have to explain just what an overflow error is.

So you mean to say this is totally random, implying it can't be controlled, yet people were being banned for it?

And how are you even accomplishing making the client crash? You're not trying to memory edit your client's Ducat reading or something are you? Because that isn't going to accomplish anything. Neither is trying to force purchase of more product than you have Ducats, as there is a server side check.

Now, I'm not entirely convinced this bug exists just yet, but there were multiple king maces being sold by a single player on Alexina on day 1, lending pretty heavily to proof of it's existence on NA servers.
Simply,
I edited pleione and standard to ignore error messages and sent the buying packet.
then crashed..

and What I posted is just a 'fact'.
Old 11/03/2011, 19:42   #7

LF>secret to registering at dedrain
Old 11/03/2011, 20:17   #8

wat secret
Old 11/03/2011, 20:24   #9

I figured there was a secret, after a hundred times of trying I keep getting an error saying that I typed the verification code incorrectly. :/
Old 11/03/2011, 20:27   #10

It's spambot counter measures. I didn't add a question to the registration.

Anyways, if you need help with pake, you can do it without an account. Dunno why you need one.
Old 11/03/2011, 20:33   #11

Dan, PM.
Old 11/03/2011, 22:57   #12

I don't get it, it's just a lame sign up, that you don't really need.....

It's a useless forum...
Old 11/03/2011, 23:14   #13

It works, i found a video of it. Pm for it
Old 11/04/2011, 22:08   #14

Quick fact : yesterday, I got dc'ed for maintenance after selling good at tara. Today I login, and I see that I'm still having my cart full. And I still have my full ducat too. So I sell it again.

There might be something to do with this... (*** couldn't be any clearer than that)
Old 11/05/2011, 02:20   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldencoolsam View Post
Quick fact : yesterday, I got dc'ed for maintenance after selling good at tara. Today I login, and I see that I'm still having my cart full. And I still have my full ducat too. So I sell it again.

There might be something to do with this... (*** couldn't be any clearer than that)
Hopefully this maintenance didn't patch it... Anyone get it working since maint ended?