Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 16:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What are the chances of Nexon fixing the packet editing?

Discussion on What are the chances of Nexon fixing the packet editing? within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What are the chances of Nexon fixing the packet editing?

I was making very good use of them, I still need a little more time to finish up before I want them to fix it

It's only a 2 hour and 30 minute maintenance, so would they be able to fix the hacks in that time period if there were no extensions?
Old 08/22/2011, 01:22   #2

Depends. They're mostly implementing a patch that came from DevCat. So the time isn't an isuse. How much does DevCat understand about how the PE setups work? Are they going to use HackShield as their primary means of "hack detection"? Is HackShield itself going to get another update? Is it possible to change the code so that the packets that were sent by Alissa/mod_honey are sent by different addresses?

I'm pretty new to this myself so the answers to this are likely obvious to people with more experience.
Old 08/22/2011, 01:25   #3

Or they could just lock edditing the mabi folder, if theres a way to do that...
Old 08/22/2011, 01:50   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pershy View Post
Or they could just lock edditing the mabi folder, if theres a way to do that...
Theres a way to do everything. Theres a way for them to implement such a lock, and a way to get around it.

Nexon can do whatever they want, it just depends on how long it takes hackers to get around it.
Old 08/22/2011, 02:16   #5

it went down to fix housing

why would nexon fix anything they dont care bout your enjoyment lols
Old 08/22/2011, 06:02   #6

nexon cannot truely patch paket editing, they can encode the packets like DFO has and change them every matinence just like DFO but as soon as u find the new packets its like nothing ever happened
Old 08/22/2011, 06:06   #7

0% really
animations PE will still work
Old 08/22/2011, 10:22   #8

it sounds like they arent patching PE but adding a lockout system that detects anomalies in the item coding. at least that what they did in mabi taiwan.
Old 08/22/2011, 11:49   #9

Save char data after moving items.
Old 08/22/2011, 16:04   #10

****, I was nearly at r1 Refining too