Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi > Mabinogi Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits
You last visited: Today at 10:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] Configuring a Virtual Machine for Multi-Client

Discussion on [Guide] Configuring a Virtual Machine for Multi-Client within the Mabinogi Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits forum part of the Mabinogi category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] Configuring a Virtual Machine for Multi-Client

**Before you begin make sure you have an Operating System disk prepared beforehand, for the OS that you will be installing on the Virtual Machine. I recommend Windows XP, or Windows 7 Ultimate, these windows flavors can run on some low specs, and they have the support for emulation that will let Mabinogi run properly.**

1.) Alright, so first and foremost, you'll need to download VirtualBox from . Download the respective installer class necessary for your particular operating system. It's a fairly small download and shouldn't take more then a few minutes. After you have downloaded the installer, run it and follow the directions put forward for a standard installation. After this has finished and you've restarted your machine, go ahead and launch Virtual Box.

2.) Insert your OS disk into your computers first native disk drive.

3.) In the Virtual Box GUI, select "New" from the upper left hand corner, this should initiate setup for a new virtual machine. Follow the steps in the wizard to create the new VM. After this, you should see a new, blank VM appear in the Machine Que along the left hand side of the GUI.

4.) Select the VM you just created, a list of attributes should appear next to it. Select the "Display" attribute. The first thing that we need to change to enable Mabinogi to run will be the video memory size. Let's set this to 128MB to make the game load a little faster and smoother. Next, check the box that says "Enable 3D Acceleration", this will allow the virtual video card to emulate a 3D capable card. Click "OK" and save these changes.

5.) Next we boot up the VM by double clicking the machines icon in the que. The machine should start and post some prompts, which you should read, as they will provide you with valuable hints and information on how to use the virtual system. The first run wizard or the machine itself should boot directly from the OS CD that is in your computers first native drive.

6.) Install the Operating System as you would on a new computer. The Virtual machine should restart as would the normal machine.

7.) Navigate to the toolbar along the top of the virtual machine. Select Devices->Install Guest Additions. This should mount an .iso image to the VM's virtual disk drive.

8.) Restart the virtual machine. While the machine is restarting, tap f8 to bring up the start options menu for the OS. Select "Boot in Safe Mode". This is necessary, because to emulate a 3D capable graphics card, some changes must be made to core windows files that are running in normal mode, but accessible in safe mode.

9.) When the machine boots in safe mode, navigate to Start->My Computer->D:\Guest_Additions.iso and double click. This should start the autorun for the guest additions "disk". The install wizard should prompt you for which attributes you would like to install, install both the default additions and the Enable 3D hardware option (There are only 2 selectable options, check them both). After doing this, restart the machine in normal running mode. The display should change and you should now have a properly equipped graphics card in the VM.

10.) Play mabinogi.

**Now, if you can't figure out to install Mabinogi on the new VM without redownloading it, follow these simple steps.**
1.) In Virtual Box, select your VM from the que.
2.) Select "Shared Folders" From the attributes.
3.) Add to the "Machine Folders" list the folder on your computer that contains the Mabinogi installer and Mods, packs, etc you wish to use on your VM's copy of Mabinogi.
4.) Click "OK" and save the changes.
5.) Start the VM.
6.) Navigate to Start->Run.
7.) Type "explorer".
8.) In the new explorer window, expand network.
9.) Expand entire network down until you see VM_Network, or whatever name was assigned to your VM's internal network.
10.) Select the shared folder from the expanded list. It should open and be accessible from the VM.
11.) Install Mabinogi and your mods.
12.) Enjoy Multi-clienting on a well equipped computer.

~Any questions, comments or concerns feel free to PM me, you know how to reach me. Cheers, peace.~

~Bishop
Thanks
8 Users
Old 01/02/2011, 17:53   #2

I tried Virtual Box myself around November(ish), the results were pretty poor, so, I'm interested to see what has changed since then.

I'm assuming you've done this yourself, and managed to log in successfully. I forget what the problems I had with this VM solution, but I recall that it wasn't quite ready previously.

I'm curious though, have you tried Autoit with this? I tried to use VMware to test out how bots functioned over a long period, but it couldn't recognise anything at all, due to the way the machine rendered the GUI. (PC is more than capable of running VMware x3 )

Edit:
Curiously, a Win7 Ultimate version cannot emulate the graphics card correctly, no warnings appear, yet, the GUI is not properly rendered (no buttons appear, and the writing that would have been on said buttons just floats there.)
Gave the card 128mb of ram, and gave the os 1gig of ram. Also prompts with how HS is detecting hacking tools (nothing else running)

Error: 0x00010501
I suspect it's due to Virtual Box's addition exe's, so, I've killed them, and gonna give it another go. They're literally the only other abnormal processes. (other than client.exe xD; )

Edit 2:
Soon as I clicked save on this post edit, hit the same error.

Edit 3:
This VM can't even render the pointer let alone the menus, even with an 8gig, 6 core, 1gig ram video memory system as the base. Perhaps Win7 Ult isn't the best choice if you wish to run a VM in virtual box.

On the upside, HS hasn't flipped ou- Oh, there it goes.

It's all fine on the Login screen though (apart from the mouse), and the guide was easy enough to follow, however, the "unable to do anything at all with it" aspect makes the entire process kinda pointless.

I'm going to try with a Win XP VM, and see what happens. I'm running this on a Win7 Home Premium Host OS, in case anyone was wondering.

Final Edit:
Virtual box using XP fails to even get logged in to the character selected, instead, the system ceases to function completely.
Old 01/02/2011, 22:23   #3

Tested and working with Windows XP, Windows 7, and a modified Win (x64) system.
Allocate at least 2 gigs of RAM to stop Error: 0x00010501, it's the underallocation/speed hack error offshoot that comes from the abnormal speeds.
Also, this runs better in windowed mode, full screen causes the cutoffs and broken rendering.
Old 01/02/2011, 22:29   #4

Ah, I tried with 2gigs on the XP install, no go.

Virtualbox does not appear to be pleased about running on my computer, yet VMware runs a client at full speed (it's actually impossible to tell the difference, other than the overzealous mouse speed), whereas Vbox seems to be running about 20-25fps (guesstimation)

Strangely it was in windowed mode when I was getting the rendering issues.

I'm running it on a 64bit host, with a 32 bit guest, but, that has never posed an issue to VMware, so I've ignored that as a possible cause.

The guest in Vbox actually dies upon attempting to log in a character.

Edit:
Have you tried AutoIT with this, incidentally? VMware is incapable of supporting image searching with mabi running it would seem.
Old 01/02/2011, 22:33   #5

I wouldn't know about AutoIT's capabilities, I don't bot on virtual machines I use them for support since they tend to be slow and unreliable.
As for the issues your having I'm not sure, Mine run with no problem (Post heavy modding for the FPS drops).
Old 01/02/2011, 22:44   #6

I'll toy with it later.

I've had no issues with my VMware client being slow or unreliable, but I wanted a test machine for scripts, as my laptop finally gave up on life. Or at least the GPU did.

Edit: I forgot to mention, it's a 64bit host, which is probably the issue.
Old 01/12/2011, 03:28   #7

i been using vmware for quite a while(4 years), and was wondering if it is better to switch to vbox?? <-- which one is better for gaming?

from what i read on the specs page, vmware allows 256mb of vram as to 128mb for vbox.

and would the specs on my GPU matter as to how vmware/box render the graphics?

lately in vmware when my mouse moves over an object, it would flutter tremendously and make me lag like crazy... another problem in vmware : mouse would fly when i right click to change viewing angle.

my specs: amd phenom ii x4 @ 3.2ghz // 6gb ddr3 ram @ 1600mhz
Old 01/12/2011, 03:41   #8

They both work well. I have had more success with vmware, but virtualbox is easier for beginners In my opinion.
Old 01/12/2011, 07:00   #9

PTB, I think you're completely mistaken there. VMware works directly after install, no restarts in safe mode, simply install mabi like normal, or run it off whatever you want.

With VMware, I can install a guest, and be running mabi on it about 2 minutes after installation completion.
Vbox?

It has yet to log into my character.

Vbox has made a massive jump, but, honestly, who IS it that keeps saying that Vbox has more "mature" directX support?
Or are they simply saying it's been terrible longer? o.o;

Superwrong, as for your mouse issues, just turn up the refresh rate on the mouse driver in the VM.
Old 01/12/2011, 18:02   #10

Hence me saying, in my opinion.
Old 01/12/2011, 18:58   #11

VirtualBox is easy to use, but I didnt think vmware was any harder, I always thought they was both about the same cept that vbox is a bit slower on my other computer, but on this computer it works just as good
Old 01/26/2011, 14:39   #12

WOW...

IM running a 32 bit windows 7 ultimate host an the guest vm just aint cutting it for mabi, it laggs like hell which i think results in the HA ******* me over and over and over. Any suggestions, ive already installed the guest thingy and enabled 3d acc. i gave it 128 visual memory and 2gig's of ram.Help>

...Pardon the english i know its bad atm im rushing to school...
Old 01/26/2011, 14:52   #13

Use VMware.
Old 02/01/2011, 05:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_j View Post
Use VMware.
I keep getting speed hack error (code: 0x00010303) even though i allocated 2.5 gig of ram to the VM it still moves like **** just by starting mabi 100% cpu is used to load it, and mabi is on lowest possible settings.
Old 02/01/2011, 06:33   #15

I have been using Tinyxp as the guest for about a year with no problems. This OS has a small footprint so it may not be practical if you plan on using the vm for other things. However, it runs mabi and some other "tools" I use on 2Gbs without a hiccup.
*Edit: This is all on VmWare Workstation. If anyone needs any other suggestions, I'm certified using this, so I can lend a hand.*