Debian is not a language, Windows is not a language, DOS is not a language.
This is correct.
DOS, Windows (I don't know **** about Debian) are what a language makes up, there is no such thing as "DOS Language" Those Zeros and Ones are what make up the program, THAT is a language my friend.
Mabinogi is not a language, but the Hex coding INSIDE of it is the language.
debian is a compilation of a scripted language IE c++... anyway kev you should have let me continue to tell you about this method for mac instead of cutting me off... and then you would have had it forever ago
hopefully there is not a "no bump after such and such age" rule here. I didn't see one, but I super new to these forums..
Anyways, I was curious as to the relevance of the advice here. Seeing as it's a year or so old, and Mabi updates a lot lately, I wanted to ensure I'm doing this right and that the same thing still works. I just got Ubuntu a few days ago, after I went to reinstall my windows 7 OS, only to find out my laptop's CD drive no longer worked.
This of course was further complicated by the fact that I had cleaned the drive out on a friend's desktop, and facing an empty drive with no OS, also discovered I didn't have any large flash drives.. thank *** ubuntu was small!
So here I am, faced with an OS I know almost nothing about, and my games I usually am on don't work. I am missing them something fierce, especially Mabinogi. I did my research, went and got wine, and proceeded to dl Mabi.. but I think the pando downloader is locking me out.
Every time I start it up and choose a file path, it goes until the download is supposed to begin and then just closes. Did I overlook something or has the method listed in this thread gone the way of the ghost?
I hope that when you pressed enter, you screamed "SUPER NECRO FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSST" and extended the "fiiiiist" until the page had loaded your post.
Incidentally:
Y U PANDO?!?
That was on the download page btw. It's how I got my NA client a couple of days ago.
I understand it was a massive necro, and for that I apologize. I had to find out the info somehow, and using linux is an adjustment for me. Mistakes like trying to use Pando or over looking a "click here" on a page are much more likely when you've been cramming info for several days. I suppose I'm just a bit frazzled.
I looked around the forum before posting on this thread (google led me here, but I knew it was old) and all I saw was convos on playing Mabi, not how to get it to run in linux. Not seeing a rule about thread revival and having a question about info presented on this thread, I believed it would be okay.
It was not my intention to be a nuisance and I'm sorry if I troubled you. Thank you for the info.
Why would this be "patched"? Taking away an obvious feature that every developer wants isn't very nice... Who doesn't want a program to be cross-platform with ease?
Anyone Playing Mabinogi? 10/03/2010 - Mabinogi - 21 Replies This forums been moving slow so I just want to pose the question, what's everyone up to? Is it school? Is it work? Is anyone still playing? I know it's a tad bit off topic but it's nice to talk.
~Bishop
Playing Korean and Japanese Mabinogi 10/22/2009 - Mabinogi - 5 Replies Hey I was wondering I hear how some people are able to play mabi from NA to Asia, is this done via Proxy or is there a method i am not aware of, Sorta curious and since mabi is down for 2 hours ( just about crashed ch 2 today with the event) I would venture my what ifs list that i have ( yes it does exist )
If i am duplicating a thread already sorry >_< i didn't see one that really answered my question so i created a new one.