Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Run L2 In linux

Discussion on Run L2 In linux within the Lin2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Lineage 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Guide to Running L2 in Linux

Not supported by NC Soft do not direct questions to there support department. If you wish to get help you can ask me in these forums I would be glad to help.

If you want to post the information on your site feel free just linkback to here and give credit where due thanks
Lineage 2 In Linux Windowed Mode Running
Screenshots in Screenshots forum
Old Lineage 2 Linux Thread

Major Issues

Mouse will Double Click on random areas, Known Spots listed below (along with ways around it)

System Button (Press Alt+X)
Options Button (Manually Edit file options.ini)
Community Button (Alt+cool.gif
Inventory Button (Alt+V)
Map in Hotbar (Alt+V Double Click Map)
Sit Button (Type /sit or /stand
Trade Window # select (if you wanted to trade 1 suede you would need to use keyboard as number pad double clicks and makes it 11)
Hotbar Pages (Alt-F1-F10)
Hotbar Vertical-Horizontal (Trick to this takes a bit of effort. Click the swirl arrow and drag away fast bout all I can say eventually you will beat the double click. I advise doing this in a safe area biggrin.gif)
Minor Issues

Buildings Gamma is off
Some Armor Does not Render color but remains solid black.
When looking up at sky armor renders that was solid black??? I am confused on this one. Will try to get it working.
Water does not reflect.
When loading game do not move mouse till you see login screen where you can type userinfo. If you do so your mouse will be out of sync.
Working Properly

Spellcasting
Death
Traders
Merchants
Hotbar!!!
Targeting
All forms of Chat
Navigating Inventory/Status once open.
Exit Game
Patching
Character Selection
Dragging Icons to hotbar, Trade, Equip (they remain invisible tho but you are moving them KEEP IN MIND THIS POINT!)

~~~~~~~~ Patches To CVS ~~~~~~~~
Below allows for the mouse to not get out of sync when mouselooking, I will try to explain this as best as possible. what it does is your physical mouse does not move but the cursor itself warps to center of screen this halts the cursor from warping to center of screen I will try to find a better fix that does not require commenting but at this point I have nothing better and this seems to work.
----Line 487-491-----
else
GEN_EVENT(This->offset_array[WINE_MOUSE_Y_POSITION], hook->pt.y - This->prevY, hook->time, (This->dinput->evsequence)++)
changed = TRUE;
}
- if (changed) {
- if (This->need_warp != WARP_NEEDED && This->need_warp != WARP_STARTED) {
- This->need_warp = WARP_NEEDED;
- }
- }

else
GEN_EVENT(This->offset_array[WINE_MOUSE_Y_POSITION], hook->pt.y - This->prevY, hook->time, (This->dinput->evsequence)++)
changed = TRUE;
}
+ /* if (changed) {
+ if (This->need_warp != WARP_NEEDED && This->need_warp != WARP_STARTED) {
+ This->need_warp = WARP_NEEDED;
+ }
+ }*/

Now remember once you do this you should be able to login to lineage2 and operate the mouse! keep in mind that you must manually set the graphics cursor to non graphic cursor this is done by going to the system/option.ini file

So you can tell what I run my game at and have plenty of speed for all you skeptics out there here is my full options.ini
You will want to set your UseColorCursor=false that will disable your graphics cursor.

~~~~~~~~ Modify /Lineage II/System/Option.ini ~~~~~~~~
[Video]
IsKeepMinFrameRate=false
UseTrilinear=true
TextureDetail=0
GamePlayViewportX=1280
GamePlayViewportY=1024
ColorBits=32
RefreshRate=85
RenderDeco=true
PawnShadow=true
UseColorCursor=false

[ClippingRange]
Pawn=3.000000
Terrain=8.000000
Actor=6.000000
StaticMesh=4.000000
StaticMeshLod=6.000000

[L2WaterEffect]
IsUseEffect=true
EffectType=0

[Audio]
SoundVolume=1.000000
MusicVolume=1.000000

[Game]
IsNative=True
MyName=True
NPCName=True
GroupName=True
PledgeMemberName=True
PartyMemberName=True
OtherPCName=True
AutoTrackingPawn=True

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=1

~~~~~~~~ System Specs and Closing ~~~~~~~~
CPU/RAM Load Under Gentoo

Tasks: 75 total, 3 running, 72 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s): 76.3% us, 23.1% sy, 0.0% ni, 0.0% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi, 0.7%
Mem: 903412k total, 898660k used, 4752k free, 9056k buffers
Swap: 1004052k total, 28672k used, 975380k free, 277372k cached

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
4396 xxxx 25 0 737m 467m 193m R 76.2 53.0 1:42.16 wine

Below lists Harddrive speeds with hdparm and my hdparm setup biggrin.gif I am running UDMA5

/dev/hda:
Timing buffer-cache reads: 1740 MB in 2.00 seconds = 869.26 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 130 MB in 3.00 seconds = 43.31 MB/sec

glxgears test on my computer its off by about 2000 not sure why should be up at 6000 will mess with it later

bash-2.05b$ glxgears
19085 frames in 5.0 seconds = 3817.000 FPS
20095 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4019.000 FPS
20124 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4024.800 FPS
20078 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4015.600 FPS

If you wish to know other system specs of mine as a test bed for this.

CPU: AMD 2700+
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-7N400V Pro2
RAM: 1gb Corsair
GfxCard: Geforce 4 TI 4800 SE
Harddrive: Western Digital 160gb Special ED
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Plat

Kernel 2.6.2-r1 Gentoo-Dev-Sources
KDE 3.2.1
Nvidia-Kernel: Version: 1.0-5336
ALSA Sound

In Closing I would like to say thanks to all of those who have sent me private messages or posted on the forums, you really inspired me to do this work and make it work for the community on the whole and keep you updated before this point. I am hoping that in the future that people like me who wish to get these things done will get further help from A) Game Developers B)Transgaming C)User Community "I kinda negelected that part". I am very glad that so many of you are happy that I am doing this makes my efforts feel worthwhile. I will continue to work on this and try to get it as best running as possible till Trangaming decides to issue a proper patch. If things are broken due to Lineage2 Update I will work as fast as possible to get it working again.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/16/2007, 22:54   #2

elite*gold: 0
This is very old, but i need to know if any of this forum can run the C5/C6 in linux ( *@#~ directX 9 T_T ).
Old 06/30/2009, 13:13   #3

I have Gracia 2/Final running under Linux. Just have a Nvidia card, otherwise ATI won't do it.
Old 10/19/2009, 16:12   #4

I am running Lineage on Linux too. I am using nvidia but there are no problems with latest ati cards.
Old 11/07/2009, 09:28   #5

nice tips bro ...
Old 06/06/2010, 23:43   #6

yep. good tip. i have nvidia and cant run lineage on linux. any help?
Old 06/07/2010, 04:12   #7

Gracia epilogue & final currently work on Linux with nvidia cards. Check you have wine & dx9 installed, and everything should be fine. You don't have to do anything else (like these strange tips in the upper part).
Old 06/07/2010, 11:47   #8

yep. i've found on google some tips and after instaling nvidia drivers everything works. even better than on windows. but thx for help bro
Thanks
1 User