Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 20:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Boosting need VPN?

Discussion on Boosting need VPN? within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Boosting need VPN?

Hi, I found this thread by Riot:

Does boosting need a VPN now in order to avoid punishment or is it still business as usual?
Old 09/18/2015, 11:00   #2

You can still receive punishments despite using a VPN. It has a very simple reason: The system looks for different IPs. If you lock into your account from Norway and right after 2 minutes after it you log into the same account from Spain it is suspicious. You can't travel that fast. So it's always recommended to use a VPN from the country your customer comes from, but it is still not 100% safe.
Old 09/19/2015, 15:35   #3

The Black Market: 299/0/0
It's not just IP, it's also client ID.
Old 09/20/2015, 21:41   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemykl View Post
Hi, I found this thread by Riot:

Does boosting need a VPN now in order to avoid punishment or is it still business as usual?
I've been reading that and noticed that they will do more than just punish the MMR Boosters/Boostee, they will start to punish all sort of account sharing.
and VPN does not do any difference in detecting this, it's something about the client.
Old 09/20/2015, 22:13   #5

You can use a VPN however it is not necessary.