Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 20:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

do you think I'll get caught elo boosting?

Discussion on do you think I'll get caught elo boosting? within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen
I'm screwed 2 33.33%
Most Likely okay if no one report me 2 33.33%
Continue ranking so the ip address changes aren't obvious 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question do you think I'll get caught elo boosting?

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the community, but I'm really digging it so far. This is my first post so be gentle with me and feel free to give me constructive criticism in addition to answering my questions if possible

I have been playing league of legends for around 2 and half years, and for reasons unknown, I was caught elo boosting as well as being boosted at the end of season 3. The only logical reasons I think that I may have been caught would be:
1. Riot saw the Ip jumps between different states and/or homes
2. Someone who doesn't like me reported me
3. Riot saw very scary increases in elo on various accounts

The story:
I play league of legends with my friends mostly, and towards the end of the season everyone was hyped about rewards. In order to bring out the best for everyone, my friends and I were boosting eachother. I was boosting a lot of my friends in bronze to silver and my friends were boosting me from silver to gold. Everything was going dandy until I got my season rewards revoked. The only possibility that I thought I may have been caught was that I had a friend in New York who was playing ranked on my account, and I would play on that account as well. As a result, we would cross ip addresses and i would get in trouble. The second reason is that on my account especially, it went from like silver 5 to gold 5 in a matter of a week. Lastly, the only other possibility that I was caught may have been I was reported by someone that doesn't like me.

Solutions that may help this season?
This season I have a new account for league. My friend in Texas played the provisionals and I have played ranked on it as well. My friend who lives in my town also plays ranked on this account. I have already set up different accounts to switch names in case this account is reported. Example* the acc is called "AccountD" but I change the name to "AccountC" without anyone who hates me finding out the account name. That way, whenever people report AccountD for elo boosting the report actually goes to another account. The only other thing I'm scared of right now is riot seeing the distinctions between states. However, one thing that is different this season and last is that last season the boosting occured 1-2 months before the season ended. This season the boostings occured many months before the season will end.

What are the chances of this new account getting caught elo boosting?
Old 06/17/2014, 21:59   #2

elite*gold: 63
To my mind a use of VPN would be worth a try.
Because many elo boosters use VPN's to make the boost process more safe.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/18/2014, 00:45   #3

The Black Market: 130/0/2
U won't, just use a good VPN like Spotiflux or OpenVPN or whatever.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/18/2014, 01:17   #4

wouldn't the use of a vpn make the boosting seem even more suspicious?

Tags
cheating, elo boosting, help-cheating